2024 Astros Foundation College Classic

HendersonHorns

1 hour ago, HendersonHorns said:

Anything planned for the weekend of 3/1-3/3?

Got weekend tickets today but hotels are expensive. Think we will stay with friends in Kingwood and drive/uber back and forth. 

any surly bar takeovers planned?

OccupyLF and those guys will be at Cobos. I know Friday will be the big one vs LSU and then probably just congregate before and after TxSt 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HendersonHorns said:

Got weekend tickets today but hotels are expensive. Think we will stay with friends in Kingwood and drive/uber back and forth. 

hampton inn two blocks away ?

If you’ve never been, ut / lsu will be a very large crowd. LSU and Vanderbilt might be the two best traveling fan bases. Pre buy parking.  Stadium food will be limited, eat before the game

cobos is very close to minute maid, has good food. Itll be packed and hopping. Best one stop place and easy 

1820 bar is very close, no food 

if you’re going to ninfas pre game, be mindful of the wait. El tiempo is across the street, usually zero wait 

voodoo queen (good chicken strips), 8 rows flint (some food), and White rhino are a couple of blocks from an easy rail ride in. Check opening times, perfect for post games

street to kitchen just won a national james beard and almost in front of a rail stop.

champ burger is one block down from street to kitchen, damn good neighborhood spot. All walkable. I walk to all these places and the rail stop is right there 

up by the stadium / eado …

new little woodrows

rodeo goat

truckyard

8th wonder

hi way cantina

pizza by the slice spot 

ton of other spots. All walkable from astros parking lot. Street parking, be mindful - that area they love to break into cars. Keep them empty, trunks too. If you have a truck, they like the chances you have a pistol under your seat. Last playoffs, hpd had two bait trucks with pistols and maga stickers, both trucks got hit and it still took them an hour to track them down. It was Two guys and they had over 40 pistols 

@UTPhil2006 has a ton of recs …

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If you’ve never been, ut / lsu will be a very large crowd. LSU and Vanderbilt might be the two best traveling fan bases. Pre buy parking.  Stadium food will be limited, eat before the game

cobos is very close to minute maid, has good food. Itll be packed and hopping. Best one stop place and easy 

if you’re going to ninfas pre game, be mindful of the wait. El tiempo is across the street, usually zero wait 

voodoo queen (good chicken strips), 8 rows flint (some food), and White rhino are a couple of blocks from an easy rail ride in. Check opening times, perfect for post games

street to kitchen just won a national james beard and almost in front of a rail stop.

champ burger is one block down from street to kitchen, damn good neighborhood spot. All walkable. I walk to all these places and the rail stop is right there 

new little woodrows

rodeo goat

truckyard

8th wonder

hi way cantina

pizza by the slice spot 

ton of other spots. All walkable from astros parking lot. Street parking, be mindful - that area they love to break into cars. Keep them empty, trunks too. If you have a truck, they like the chances you have a pistol under your seat. Last playoffs, hpd had two bait trucks with pistols and maga stickers, both trucks got hit and it still took them an hour to track them down. It was Two guys and they had over 40 pistols 

Thank you!  Great info. 

I assume we can come and go during and between games for GA?  I got reserved for all the Texas games and that gets you into all the others. 

I didn’t know concessions were going to be limited, and it will be nice to go for food any time we wanted. 

I’ll check out parking. But think Uber may be safer since we will be drinking. 

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

new little woodrows

rodeo goat

truckyard

8th wonder

hi way cantina

pizza by the slice spot 

On top off the 13 recs you just gave ?

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

If anyone has never been before and is on the fence, you need to go.

That LSU game last time was electric.

Looking forward to checking out the new Little Woodrow's in EaDo.

It’s huge (twss). Also it doesn’t smell like sewage like Luckys used to. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see 20k+ for that Friday game vs LSU 

If memory serves me - hot dogs, popcorn, shitty pizza, gas station quality chicken strips, nachos but not the good nacho stands, pretzels. No chick fil a, el tiempo or killens. Nothing behind the crawford boxes open, it’s only the area between 1st and 3rd open. No walk in store, not even sure the walk through beer stands were open.

On 2/20/2024 at 11:01 AM, HendersonHorns said:

Rodeo is going on... prices probably inflated for that

Edited by Tylerocks

On 2/21/2024 at 8:49 AM, UTPhil2006 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see 20k+ for that Friday game vs LSU 

We went in 2022 and I'm pretty sure there was over 25K that night (Saturday). It was a record at the time for the Shriner's Classic and they needed to open up some upper deck (club?) seating. 

We won, but tigger fans around us were unbearable.

18 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Going game 1 vs LSU. Atmosphere was electric last time. We will be in insperity club.

pete davidson amy GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Seeing lots of mentions of not being able to re-enter. I made it a point to ask as soon as I walked in in 2022, and had 0 issue coming back and forth. Has someone called or emailed and gotten a different answer? 

the policy is no coming in and out. you can ask a door person and ive seen them let people leave and come back (goto the car and come back) 

pretty sure they dont want people walking to cobo’s to get loaded and stumble back in 

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

the policy is no coming in and out. you can ask a door person and ive seen them let people leave and come back (goto the car and come back) 

Very odd 🤷🏻‍♂️. I have left freely year after year, holding an all tourney ticket. Lunch and beers and waltzed right back in. Honestly they looked at me like I was stupid for even asking. 

24 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

pretty sure they dont want people walking to cobo’s to get loaded and stumble back in 

Why did you look at me when you said that 

• Haha 2