2024 Astros Foundation College Classic

HendersonHorns

Posted (edited)

Announcer:  "It's still scoreless, but advantage LSU since Texas' starter is at 80 pitches in the 4th and LSU's is only at 50 through 3."

hobbes2702:  "It's Friday.  That's not how it works."

Edited by Hondo

Posted (edited)
Just now, Hondo said:

Announcer:  "It's still scoreless, but advantage LSU since Texas' starter is at 80 pitches in the 4th and LSU's is only at 50 through 3."

hobbes2702:  "It's Friday"

I know it’s like we only have one pitcher or something. I wasn’t aware that pitch counts got counted as runs these days.

Edited by hobbes2702

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

That’s because we don’t face WF

Good pitching beats good hitting 9/10 times at this level. It’s why teams are able to ride the Landon Sims, Jack Leiter, Paul Skenes of the world in the postseason.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Good pitching beats good hitting 9/10 times at this level. It’s why teams are able to ride the Landon Sims, Jack Leiter, Paul Skenes of the world in the postseason.

I agree. But Holman is not those guys. He’s a fringe top ten pitcher in the country. 

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I know it’s like we only have one pitcher or something. I wasn’t aware that pitch counts got counted as runs these days.

That's because you don't know shit about baseball.  No, they aren't counted as runs.  They translate into runs though in a lot of ways (fatigue leading to missing location, pitcher pressing, getting to the bullpen, etc.).  Kinda like what's happening now.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

I agree. But Holman is not those guys. He’s a fringe top ten pitcher in the country. 

This roster was never going to hit early in the season. Hang around, find a way to be in this game when we get into their pen. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

That’s my entire point. Saying we are losing because LBJ has a higher pitch count than Holman is dumb as shit

He said LSU has the advantage, that’s pretty much true. The game within the game and shit like that.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hondo said:

That's because you don't know shit about baseball.  No, they aren't counted as runs.  They translate into runs though in a lot of ways (fatigue leading to missing location, pitcher pressing, getting to the bullpen, etc.).  Kinda like what's happening now.

LBJ isn’t missing location because he’s thrown 87 pitches. And pitch count doesn’t translate to runs if you have a bullpen that can get outs. Why you do you think baseball stopped pitching guys complete games?

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

That’s my entire point. Saying we are losing because LBJ has a higher pitch count than Holman is dumb as shit

Except it's true.  Holman going 3+ more innings than lbj is huge

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

LBJ isn’t missing location because he’s thrown 87 pitches. And pitch count doesn’t translate to runs if you have a bullpen that can get outs. Why you do you think baseball stopped pitching guys complete games?

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.  At all.  That's about as nicely as I can put it.  I'm not going back and forth with you anymore.

• Haha 1

Just now, Hondo said:

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.  At all.  That's about as nicely as I can put it.  I'm not going back and forth with you anymore.

I know that starting pitchers pitch fewer innings than ever before at all levels of baseball. Why is that?