2024 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Pancho

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

This seems made up. Both games are prime time. UH/TT is the earlier game because we played the early games yesterday, not because BU/ISU is a more compelling matchup.

Yeah, the 1 seed was always going to be the early game (assuming they won their first game). 

49 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I like Stillwater. That whole area of the state is interesting. Ever been to Pawhuska?

But I agree that Louisville seems, at best, a side-grade for Drew at this stage. He's built Baylor into a nationally renown program despite some monstrous disadvantages that he inherited. He probably has an unofficial "contract for life" arrangement.

With apologies to Olden Polynice and the ghost of Denny Crum, Louisville just ain't what it was.

I love Stillwater.  Pawhuska seems kinda like a shit hole outside of the stuff Ree Drummond owns.  Very similar to southern Iowa, eastern Kansas, and the bulk of Missouri.  Beautiful country though, at the end of the Flint Hills.

36 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, the 1 seed was always going to be the early game (assuming they won their first game). 

There's really bitching about 1 seed playing the earlier game? Of course it's set up so the 2 afternoon winners play first and the 2 evening winners play the later game. Isn't that how it has always been?

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There's really bitching about 1 seed playing the earlier game? Of course it's set up so the 2 afternoon winners play first and the 2 evening winners play the later game. Isn't that how it has always been?

I mean, Houston fan is always feeling slighted, so houston fan bitches.  I like to lean into it   

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I love Stillwater.  Pawhuska seems kinda like a shit hole outside of the stuff Ree Drummond owns.  Very similar to southern Iowa, eastern Kansas, and the bulk of Missouri.  Beautiful country though, at the end of the Flint Hills.

My expectations for Pawhuska were very, very low, so I was pleasantly surprised that the downtown district had four-story brick buildings with intact roofs.

Posted (edited)

Pawhuska is definitely nicer these days, and not just Ree Drummonds place. If you have a genuine interest in Native American culture (capital of the Osage Nation) or nature in general (Tallgrass Prairie) it makes for a pretty decent weekend trip. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, harpercollins said:

this is some high value posting right here. You can’t get this depth of insight just anywhere. emoji1319.pngemoji1319.pngemoji1319.png

This will continue to happen until Baylor fans step up and stop making excuses for the institutional rape culture that Briles in specific and the athletics program in general enabled.

Nobody holds Baylor fans responsible, mind you, but the "it could happen anywhere" or "it's all been blown out of proportion" excuses that dominated the Shag when it was current and topical have not been forgotten by many. Same reason I'll never root for PSU--until that program falls on its sword and performs a very public mea culpa, they will not be forgiven. Because they don't deserve forgiveness if they can't be contrite.

Fuck Baylor and fuck Penn State.

• Hook 'Em 4

That was really illuminating, braff. I had no idea. Btw Who TF is asking you to root for Baylor or penn state?

Even the biggest Baylor haters have to admit the losers that take the time to post nothing except “Fuck Baylor” or rape humor ad nauseum make the board stale and predictable.

Shaggy used to be clever, especially when making fun of other teams. It’s sad.

Is it my imagination or did it happen when we moved from shaggy to surly? It seemed to survive the jump from shaggybevo to shaggyTexas but not to surly. Has there ever been a thread to discuss that?

6 hours ago, harpercollins said:

this is some high value posting right here. You can’t get this depth of insight just anywhere. emoji1319.pngemoji1319.pngemoji1319.png

Congrats on the win. We played like garbage. Good luck with the coogs.

I really like the Baylor posters in here.  Trey and Simon are some of my favorites.

I have a strong dislike of Baylor University for a myriad of reasons that are fairly personal (Floyd Casey was the absolute worst game day experience I’ve ever had) to more principled (rape cover up).  Lighten up.

6 hours ago, harpercollins said:

That was really illuminating, braff. I had no idea. Btw Who TF is asking you to root for Baylor or penn state?

Even the biggest Baylor haters have to admit the losers that take the time to post nothing except “Fuck Baylor” or rape humor ad nauseum make the board stale and predictable.

Shaggy used to be clever, especially when making fun of other teams. It’s sad.

Is it my imagination or did it happen when we moved from shaggy to surly? It seemed to survive the jump from shaggybevo to shaggyTexas but not to surly. Has there ever been a thread to discuss that?

Fuck Baylor.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, harpercollins said:

WTH—they went back two plays to call a flagrant foul that did not merit a whistle in real time. How is that a thing?

It goes by how many live and dead balls there have been after that incident. It was legal and has been for damn near 15 years now

Cougar high will likely get upset earlier in ncaa tournament than expected if officials call more fouls due to the coogs physical defensive play.   

If teams don't turn the ball over, cougar high sometimes really struggles offensively and their depth is not good.

Depends on bracket matchups, but don't be surprised to see UH get knocked out before the "Elite 8".

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

Iowa State knows how to hire basketball coaches. I feel like they never get it wrong. Haven’t had a bad coach since Nance. 

Prohm was meh. 97-95 and missed the tournament 3 times + 0-18