2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Let's just go ahead and give Mark Kotsay the Manager of the Year award.

I’m sure the A’s negative run differential won’t catch up to them at any point this year. Good call. 

23 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m sure the A’s negative run differential won’t catch up to them at any point this year. Good call. 

What are you, Major Harsin?

The A's are 17-17, despite a front office that's not even trying.  They have more than twice as many wins as the Rockies, who are trying.

also, i must admit that the interview with marsh did cause me to do a 180 on him. i’ve never liked him due to his wet hair/insecure beard combo, but he actually came off as a pretty cool, normal guy in that interview. now if we could just get that interview to happen at a time when people aren’t hitting baseballs at him, we’d really be on to something.

• Hook 'Em 2

I like the in-play interviews. It’s unique - the only other place I’ve seen interviews taking place while play was in progress was a women’s cricket match of all things. It doesn’t seem like the players mind it too much. If they did and had a stop to them, I would definitely understand. 

34 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

also, i must admit that the interview with marsh did cause me to do a 180 on him. i’ve never liked him due to his wet hair/insecure beard combo, but he actually came off as a pretty cool, normal guy in that interview. now if we could just get that interview to happen at a time when people aren’t hitting baseballs at him, we’d really be on to something.

Jeez, I love it when they're talking to them and they suddenly have to make a play.  Someone soon will drop an F-bomb when that happens and this will all be over.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I like the in-play interviews. It’s unique - the only other place I’ve seen interviews taking place while play was in progress was a women’s cricket match of all things. It doesn’t seem like the players mind it too much. If they did and had a stop to them, I would definitely understand. 

i like it during the all star game when it’s all about the fans and the game doesn’t count. i don’t like it during regular season games when seemingly every year there’s a division/wildcard race or three that comes down to 1 game. i say leave them alone during the real games. or, if you’re going to do it, at least wait until the game is out of hand. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Jeez, I love it when they're talking to them and they suddenly have to make a play.  Someone soon will drop an F-bomb when that happens and this will all be over.

My favorite one was when they were talking to Mookie Betts during a spring training game his first year with the Dodgers.  Ball smoked down the right field line as they pause for the pitch. Mookie: "Uh oh!  Not gonna get that one!"

That's a lie because there's no such thing as women's cricket and if there was it certainly wouldn't be televised.

14 hours ago, Felix said:

My favorite one was when they were talking to Mookie Betts during a spring training game his first year with the Dodgers.  Ball smoked down the right field line as they pause for the pitch. Mookie: "Uh oh!  Not gonna get that one!"

my favorite:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Why are the Pirates calling up Skenes now?

too late for ROY draft pick consideration . Too early for Super 2, no?

There’s that whole “he can help us win baseball games” thing. But I know as an Astros fan you aren’t used to viewing prospects like that

• Hook 'Em 1

Thought about going out to the Yankees game tonight because the weather is beautiful, but I don’t want to watch them play a last place team. I’ll wait until a series with the Red Sox to go out and see Soto for the first time in Pinstripes. He’s got quite a following here with the large Dominican population, especially the proximity of it to the ballpark. The Yanks better throw at least 500 million over a decade at him. He has single-handedly made the offense functional.

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

There’s that whole “he can help us win baseball games” thing. But I know as an Astros fan you aren’t used to viewing prospects like that

Because the Yankees don't trade their prospects for other team's players???  Lol...