Texas (-2.5) vs Colorado State- Thursday at 5:50 on TNT

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

That isnt what this is about. Stop making shit up to fit your narrative. I dont give a fuck what Kenpom says, my eyes saw what they saw. Texas played bad and CSU played worse. We need to play much better to beat Tenn. And I do think we will play much better. 

Sure and CSU normally doesn't play that poorly. It's almost like Texas beat a top 30ish kenpom team because they are pretty good. 

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

People also don't seem to understand that CSU is good for college basketball standards. They are #28 in Kenpom. It was a good draw but it's not like we were playing scrubs tonight. 

We had an excellent defensive performance against a really good offensive team, we covered by nearly 4 times the line and that is with our 2 best offensive players having horrible games. People just don't like Terry for some reason that only makes sense to them, but he can coach.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Sure and CSU normally doesn't play that poorly. It's almost like Texas beat a top 30ish kenpom team because they are pretty good. 

It almost like CSU played poorly because we smothered them the entire game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

We had an excellent defensive performance against a really good offensive team, we covered by nearly 4 times the line and that is with our 2 best offensive players having horrible games. People just don't like Terry for some reason that only makes sense to them, but he can coach.

Holy fuck, go to the Terry4life dickriding thread with this shit. 

• Fuck You 5

I am not the biggest Horton fan, but I really like bringing Weaver off the bench. His energy really brings a spark and helped us with the 25-3 run. Rice gave a similar spark last year off the bench. Weaver is in the closing 5 and that is what matters.

Also Horton had a pretty good game. His 7 rebounds were big. Played good defense too. In the end Weaver got double his minutes which is about right.

This was the fewest points CSU has scored in THREE years. They aren’t scrubs. At one point they were ranked 13th. You could make a case that they should have been an 8/9 seed.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Or CSU was tired from playing on Tuesday then traveling. You’re missing a lot of context. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Lol, when is the last time you saw a team score only 3 points in a 15 minute stretch? Almost never. Don't make excuses for CSU, they are trash. The announcers are literally dogging them as I speak. 

they really did miss and incredible amount of wide open, in rhythm jumpers. they were terrible offensively. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve shit on this team all year but credit where it’s due. They got a NCAA win which Shaka fucking Smart couldn’t ever do here )which is still beyond infuriating).

I hope Terry learns roster construction this offseason and hires a coach who knows schemes. Terry clearly csn get his guys to believe they’ll win. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It almost like CSU played poorly because we smothered them the entire game.

In a 16 minute period, CSU scored *one basket*. From 15:17 in the first half until 19:22 in the second.

Amazing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

They bricked a ton of wide open 3s and a lot of their turnovers were just meatheaded.  Tonight they were trash.

It's almost like that's good defense. Their offense is predicated on back door cuts and beating teams off action. It's almost like letting them brick 3s while hedging penetration was a good gameplan. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

The worst part about sports message boards is that every game thread devolves into a war about the program's direction. 

"This was a good fucking win" and "Terry isn't the long term answer" can both be true. In fact, I think they are.

But more important is that the second part is pointless to argue about tonight. For both sides. STFU and enjoy the solid tourney win. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I wouldn’t say really good offensive team. They hit maybe 5-7 threes a game. Which isn’t a great recipe for success in the tourney. We played bad and won. I don’t care about anything else really.

i don’t understand why we can’t all just call it like it is:

•csu was *terrible*, and it has nothing to do with our defense. they missed a million wide open shots.

•we were not very good either. that performance from texas normally gets us beat by a top 30 team. we get beat by double digits with a performance like that against a really good team.

•we just won another tourney game, something that, one year ago today, we hadn’t done since 2014.

we don’t have to pretend that csu wasn’t fucking terrible or that texas was any good either. we can be happy with the tourney win while acknowledging that that was some ugly ass basketball out there. that’s what happened. the win was good, the performance was not. nothing terribly complicated about it.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Suffocating defense that the 96 bulls and bad boy pistons would be jealous of. Or a bad team missed lots of shots. Probably the first one. 

Is Dylan Disu a shit player?

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

i don’t understand why we can’t all just call it like it is:

•csu was *terrible*, and it has nothing to do with our defense. they missed a million wide open shots.

•we were not very good either. that performance from texas normally gets us beat by a top 30 team. we get beat by double digits with a performance like that against a really good team.

•we just won another tourney game, something that, one year ago today, we hadn’t done since 2014.

we don’t have to pretend that csu wasn’t fucking terrible or that texas was any good either. we can be happy with the tourney win while acknowledging that that was some ugly ass basketball out there. that’s what happened. the win was good, the performance was not. nothing terribly complicated about it.

michael-scott-the-office.gif

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Suffocating defense that the 96 bulls and bad boy pistons would be jealous of. Or a bad team missed lots of shots. Probably the first one. 

Look to the Orlando Magic in a year or two for a repeat of the bad boy Pistons.

Not kidding.  That's a D* team on the rise with several mid-range stars sharing the ball.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

I don't agree at all. CSU was terrible offensively because we kept them on the perimeter where they are not good. They beat you at the rim/midrange.  

Edited by Rickylovesweed

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

According to T-Rank, CSU is #212 in 3p% and #8 in 2P%. 

This was an incredible defensive gamplan. They let a bad 3 point team jack 3s and said "we aren't getting beat to the rim." We won this game because of the defensive gameplan. 

But Terry can't coach defense. 

If Abmas makes his FTs it's a 15 point blowout.

They missed a shit ton of layups too. And I don’t care, it’s the tourney and we won. The only ones bitching are the rt fanbois that want to give all credit to Rt defensive gameplan. And I’m fine with that. I don’t care when we win who gets the credit just keep advancing.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't agree at all. CSU was terrible offensively because we kept them on the perimeter where they are not good. They beat you at the rim/midrange.  

derka, hahahaha, that stupid motherfucker was claiming after the brackets came out that Texas was in bigtime trouble. Now, it's CSU sucks. He's always fucking talking out of his ass.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Look, we can all suck each others dicks if we beat Tenn. Let's focus on that. 

It's just amusing that people think CSU struggled because they are "bad" offensively. 

They are a top 10 offense in 2p%. It's almost like you force them to shoot 3s and that helps you win. Somehow Terry doesn't get credit for this. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

we allowed them a million wide open threes just like we did every single other team we played this season. it’s not like this defensive performance was discernibly different any other defensive performance we’ve had this year, it’s just that our opponent sucks from deep and was especially shitty tonight. the plethora of wide open looks wasn’t due to some special game plan, that’s just who we are.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic