2024 NCAA Tournament - First Round Games - Thurs/Fri

Pancho

7 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

I picked the wrong MSU.  I'm an idiot.  I should have known better than to pick against Izzo in the first round.

Yeah, rested spartan's are shooting much better than regular season.  MissState not playing much defense helps too...

smdh 🙄

22 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

god i hate betting unders.  took u 130.5 in the msu bowl.  55 total points in the first half and now both teams are scoring at will in the second half (and racking up fouls which will ensure many late free throw attempts as well).  so fucking weak.

i genuienly felt that way, but did post it in hopes of reverse jinxing it.  worked out quite nicely. 

Just now, TexArcher said:

Jump ball on a swiped blocked shot is one of the worst calls I've ever seen.  They were both touching the ball at the same time for like .0025 seconds.

Pat Driscoll made that call, and he is well beyond his prime. He should have been forced to retire a decade ago. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Here comes BYU

Just now, Pancho said:

Pat Driscoll made that call, and he is well beyond his prime. He should have been forced to retire a decade ago. 

I love your ref insider takes. It adds so much to this board. Much appreciated 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

lol what a late whistle 

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

The ol' see-if-the-shot-misses-then-call-a-foul routine.

Ridiculous.

It was the correct call, 100%. The baseline ref waited because it wasn’t his call to make. That was the trail refs call. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

BYU is going to regret losing this if they do. Duquesne has been giving them easy baskets like this at the rim all game. It just took them 30 minutes to figure it out. 

BYU deserves to lose 

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

It was the correct call, 100%. The baseline ref waited because it wasn’t his call to make. That was the trail refs call. 

Then he needs to make it.  

And I don't think the baseline guy calls it either if the shot goes in.

The notion that some fouls are not enough for an and-one has been a problem in college hoops for a long time.  Either it's a foul or it isn't.  Call it.

• Pancho unpinned this topic