Texas A&M-CC @ Texas - 6:30 on LHN

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Well 1 of 2 things are going to happen. 

The wheels come off and Texas is looking for a new HC.

We have a team that can make some noise in the postseason. 

I don’t see latter happening. The hitting is just so wildly inconsistent and unreliable. Swinging at pitches from their knees, seemingly unaware of count, tons of pop ups. I don’t know who this team would scare as all you have to do is throw some curves in and they just swing away. 

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

We lost to Washington because we couldn’t hit worth dick, lost to Baylor Friday night when a lefty throwing 86 from Lake Travis shoved it up our anus and scored 1 run tonight against A&M Corpus Christi. 

For whatever bitching we do about the pitching we have a top 25 ERA in the country and most of our losses lately have been because we look like shit at the plate.

So what’s been the bigger overall problem this year hitting or pitching? 

Just now, sunset87 said:

So what’s been the bigger overall problem this year hitting or pitching? 

Both. When we pitch well we can’t hit. When we hit well we can’t pitch. Been the story of the entire season.

Well 1 of 2 things are going to happen. 
The wheels come off and Texas is looking for a new HC.
We have a team that can make some noise in the postseason. 

Wait, so,……

Either Texas is playing in Omaha in June or the coach gets fired? You have certainly set yourself up for something in the middle.

I can get over losing a random ass Tuesday game every once in a while, but when you have already lost a home series to Washington and suffered a Q4 loss to Baylor you really can’t afford to take these sort of L’s.

I know I’m stating the obvious there but yeah…

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Both. When we pitch well we can’t hit. When we hit well we can’t pitch. Been the story of the entire season.

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That both seem to never click at the same time.

Definitely seems to be the case.

But, imo, the pitching seems to be down this year. Only one strong starter, no real closer, and an inconsistent bullpen that struggles to throw strikes at times.

Hitting is inconsistent but decent overall. 

Hopefully they can put them both together more this season.

The conference is bad enough and we're talented enough that the "this team might have it figured out", "Pierce has to go" whiplash will continue all year. 

RPI is free-falling towards Q3. Weather warms up after tomorrow in Manhattan. We'll take the series and then get swept by BYU next weekend

We’ve dug ourselves a hole in RPI. We are now in the 70’s and to even be in the conversation for a regional you have to be around 40. Have only won two games away from the Disch and they were both against Tech, who is in a free fall of their own.

You can’t pile up Q3 and Q4 losses, especially at home. RPI will crush you.

43 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Wait, so,……

Either Texas is playing in Omaha in June or the coach gets fired? You have certainly set yourself up for something in the middle.

I don’t believe there will be a middle, which is why I said as much. 

This Kansas State series is giving me 2019 on the road at TCU vibes. Went into that series 16-8 (2-1). Had game 1 won up 2-0 heading to the 9th until Kameron Fields blew that game. Won Saturday 13-1. Jumped out to an 8-2 lead on Sunday until Kameron Fields took a shit on that game as well. From possibly 19-8 (5-1) to the wheels coming off. That is the vibe I’m getting from this team.

15 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

We’ve dug ourselves a hole in RPI. We are now in the 70’s and to even be in the conversation for a regional you have to be around 40. Have only won two games away from the Disch and they were both against Tech, who is in a free fall of their own.

MLB starts Thursday. I suggest you divert your attention there. This team is toast 

Posted (edited)

Again, this team is not void of talent. We have 6 guys hitting above .300 and another one in Gasparino who is just below .300 but is as talented of a freshman as we’ve had in a long time.

ERA, walks, WHIP all down from last year.

Shit just makes no sense man. Would be a lot easier to accept if we looked out there every game and saw a bunch of garbage.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

Once again, it’s the offense. Texas is like 160th in D1 in walks earned. Games like tonight and game 1 vs Baylor we just look impatient and unwilling to watch pitches with 2 strikes. First 2 batters of the first 7 innings went 0/14. That’s really something. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Our on base percentage is 117th… it’s really hard to consistently score runs when guys aren’t on fucking base. Hard to change at this point. Guys either tend to have that inherently or not. We’ve got a lineup of hackers so we’re going to have high batting averages and inconsistent output. 

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Well, Pierce basically just said this loss is whatever we are focused on K State. They played well and we never got in a flow offensively.

gonna be excuses from here on out until he's fired after the train runs over him in the SEC next year.  this team sucks.

there is no approach at the plate.  Do we catch up to shitty pitching sometimes? sure. 

the pitching is meh but we have complete blackouts on offense.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, B00M said:

Our on base percentage is 117th… it’s really hard to consistently score runs when guys aren’t on fucking base. Hard to change at this point. Guys either tend to have that inherently or not. We’ve got a lineup of hackers so we’re going to have high batting averages and inconsistent output. 

Yeah this team is afraid to strike out looking on a 3-2 pitch. Remember people hated Zach Zubia because he was that way but Zach got on base a lot because he wasn’t afraid to take a close pitch. Most of this teams walks come in 3-0 and 3-1 counts where ball 4 is uncompetitive.

A whole lotta BABIP on this team

Edited by chase25
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

need a gif of Jim Mora saying "regional? REGIONAL?"

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas lost to Corpus Christi? LOL. This trash is indefensible. 

If they had some stud starter they had saved for us I could halfass understand but they used half their fucking bullpen. For us to score 1 run. JFC

47th in batting average

70th in scoring

((23rd in ERA))

its not terribly different from most DP teams other than our inability to get on base. Hell, we’re like 240th in getting hit by pitch. There’s no scrappiness, no dirtbags 

8 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I can get over losing a random ass Tuesday game every once in a while, but when you have already lost a home series to Washington and suffered a Q4 loss to Baylor you really can’t afford to take these sort of L’s.

I know I’m stating the obvious there but yeah…

Go 2-1 in every conference series and we will be fine.

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Texas lost to Corpus Christi? LOL. This trash is indefensible. 

Bro it's just a Tuesday game! /hookem2147

8 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Again, this team is not void of talent. We have 6 guys hitting above .300 and another one in Gasparino who is just below .300 but is as talented of a freshman as we’ve had in a long time.

ERA, walks, WHIP all down from last year.

Shit just makes no sense man. Would be a lot easier to accept if we looked out there every game and saw a bunch of garbage.

It's void of coach that has been carried by past talent.

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Do us all a favor and go back to the football boards 

I hate this kind of take as much as I hate the fucking sunshine pumping that you’ve been doing all baseball season. 

You’re not the only poster that follows multiple sports. Posters on the baseball or basketball boards don’t magically know more about either sport because they type about them more. Same as football posters. 

I don’t care if Texas winds up going 2 and a Q again in Omaha and some of you “David Pierce just needs 7 more years!” guys wind up feeling vindicated by that this season. This is a bad year with a team that has holes in it. Year 7 with a solid NIL foundation means that the fucking midget coaching the team shouldn’t get any benefit of the doubt when consistently losing to unknown or bad baseball programs. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, chase25 said:

Yeah this team is afraid to strike out looking on a 3-2 pitch. Remember people hated Zach Zubia because he was that way but Zach got on base a lot because he wasn’t afraid to take a close pitch. Most of this teams walks come in 3-0 and 3-1 counts where ball 4 is uncompetitive.

A whole lotta BABIP on this team

Zubia also played nails D at 1st and was clearly a clubhouse leader.

9 hours ago, Beer Drinker said:

If they had some stud starter they had saved for us I could halfass understand but they used half their fucking bullpen. For us to score 1 run. JFC

A masterful job by their pitching coach.   Only one pitcher faced 9 batters,  1 BB,  5 hits.   When playing a more talented team,  don't let them see the same guy twice.  

We need to give aggy Corpus credit along with our failure.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Beer Drinker said:

And i think the avg era of those pitchers was like 7 across the five or six of them used. Texas is regressing at the plate. 

22 minutes ago, torre said:

A masterful job by their pitching coach.   Only one pitcher faced 9 batters,  1 BB,  5 hits.   When playing a more talented team,  don't let them see the same guy twice.  

We need to give aggy Corpus credit along with our failure.

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Baseball board - let’s give the other opponent credit so we don’t just blame our program 

Football / basketball - fuck the coach, it’s all their fault, they are garbage 

Theres always been a lot to grace handed to the baseball team/coach when we suck/lose games we should win. That doesn’t extend to other sports 

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Baseball board - let’s give the other opponent credit so we don’t just blame our program 

Theres always been a lot to grace handed to the baseball team/coach when we suck/lose games we should win. That doesn’t extend to other sports 

But bro it's just a Tuesday game and he's made the CWS 3 times including getting schmingbopped 2 of those 3 times by 5+ runs each.

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Okay but this team has sucked dick all season. 

I agree that Texas baseball fans are easily the best of the big 3, but at some point let's call a spade a spade.

• Hook 'Em 1

Blake Munroe 

Spoiler

Spoke with a couple of folks this morning after the Horns 4-1 loss to TAMU-CC. 

First, the bad news has now been made public but RHP Tanner Witt is out. How long? They aren’t sure yet. Witt hasn’t pitched in a few weeks and I’m told that they’re trying to figure out what the issue is (medically) exactly. That has yet to be determined from what I hear. 

Last week I reported that the staff felt really good about Ace Whitehead. You saw that come to fruition Saturday when he pitched a complete game, all 117 pitches, against Baylor to help the Horns secure the win. I’ve been told that only boosted the confidence he has in himself and that the staff and team have in him. Expect Ace to continue to have that role going forward. His emergence is huge.

Texas fans are down and out after last night, and rightfully so, but the Horns are only 1 game behind first place in the Big 12 right now. No. 23 ranked Kansas State is in sole possession of first and that’s who the Longhorns take on this weekend. 

I was told that’s what the sights are set on right now, winning the conference. A series win this weekend will be a big step in that direction.