Texas Rangers 2024: Run It Back

ztejas

Been a rangers fan since 2004. This is going to be just fun of ride as 2010-2016 was. If lineup doesn’t regress and pitching can stay healthy (while continue to sign FA pitching since we can’t develop)  and one of Leiter/winn/white develops into a quality starter, watch out 

37 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’ve seen 30 odd years of rangers teams with this mantra and they lose lots of games. 

I mean it's not a "mantra" they just won the world series and are running out the best lineup in franchise history. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 day DL vs. 60. Should be back by mid-May. I'd also imagine CY will be ready to make some trades to help the rotation though I'm not sure how that impacts the luxury tax that Davis wants to stay under.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Fun start to the season. Had to watch the game away from home, missed most of it because streaming shit they had is a total clusterfuck. Ended up having to watch the last couple innings on Deportes for some reason, the only channel that would work. 

7 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
2 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:
why the fuck we got a day off already?

In case the opening day game is cancelled for weather and has to be pushed back to the next day.

Makes perfect sense for a team with a roof on their ballpark.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

In case the opening day game is cancelled for weather and has to be pushed back to the next day.

Tom Cruise What GIF

I think some teams get good Friday off and some teams get Easter off. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

But teams with outdoor stadiums played last night and are playing tonight. 

There were 13 games yesterday and only 10 today. So we're not alone in skipping Friday. Phillies/Braves start their series today. 

Edited by mdmost

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Put me on ignore. It’s a simple fix.

Fortunately bl handled LL’s idiocy. 

Unlike chickendicks like you, some of us don’t put people on ignore….we just roundly reject your chickendick bullshit 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Lot of anxiety in this thread right now. The world champions are undefeated and enjoying a day off to ponder if Jesus Christ could actually hit the curve. Tranquilo. 

Takin’ care a bidness is His name.    

JC could hit the curveball with a 10 inch bat while saddled on a T-Rex.   Right down the first base line because we all know JC hit RH.   

I think some teams get good Friday off and some teams get Easter off. 
But teams with outdoor stadiums played last night and are playing tonight. 
There were 13 games yesterday and only 10 today. So we're not alone in skipping Friday. Phillies/Braves start their series today. 
MLB doesn't schedule around Good Friday or Easter Sunday. It doesn't make sense for covered stadiums but this isn't a new thing. Opening day's had a buffer day for a long time.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Fuck you. LL is a stupid fuck for bumping a 12-hour post that everyone else was smart enough to ignore.

You will be gone by Tuesday also. 

Fuck you.  I responded to the post because it directly addressed me.  I'm sorry that I don't spend every waking moment on this site.

18 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Q3:

spacer.png

And fuck Chad Fairchild.  Have a little fucking grace.  Say "yeah, I saw the replay.  I didn't see the change of direction in real time.  I made a mistake."  That's the answer; that'd be the end of it.  But Chad has to be a little bitch.

And finally, fuck the Astros.  Can we wear the gold-trimmed uniforms for every game against the Astros this year?  Because fuck the Astros.

So that's my list of people who can go fuck themselves on this day off: shadow, Chad Fairchild, and the Astros.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

MLB doesn't schedule around Good Friday or Easter Sunday. It doesn't make sense for covered stadiums but this isn't a new thing. Opening day's had a buffer day for a long time.

I’d be willing to bet its been 15 of the last 20 at least. 

Fairchild should have a received a phone call from someone in the mlb office the second that transcript came out.  Of course we know that didn’t happen, but that’s a lousy fucking attitude to be taking on the field with you.

51 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Which player pawns one first in a few years? 

That’s the best championship ring I’ve ever seen. The Rangers posted the details on Instagram, and it’s all very impressive. Still can’t believe it.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Which player pawns one first in a few years? 

Leody will have to pawn one, Duran will leave his garage door open and have it stolen from his house. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

One thing never understood was the general fascination people have with championship rings that they are not getting. But it’s a thing so whatever.

I generally agree but it being the first ring, it's pretty cool and something I'm a lot more interested in than say the Cowboys, Stars, or Mavericks championship rings going forward.

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I generally agree but it being the first ring, it's pretty cool and something I'm a lot more interested in than say the Cowboys, Stars, or Mavericks championship rings going forward.

Wait... shouldn't we also have a 2023 AL banner?

I guess they just do one per playoffs. 

Edited by ztejas