Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

It’s 3 games.

if this happens at any other point in the year, there’s some mild complaining but because it’s the first 3, we have ~15 pages of chicken little.

the most frustrating part is that it’s been the so called strength of the team coughing up 3 leads.

thankful that at least Hader has done his job. Not sure how I’d handle if he blew one or two of these games out of the gate 

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Recent starts …

2023 started 8-10
2022 started 7-9
2021 started 7-10 
2020 started 7-10
2019 started 2-5

Terrible. Sell the team and move to San Antonio obviously.

45 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

It’s 3 games.

if this happens at any other point in the year, there’s some mild complaining but because it’s the first 3, we have ~15 pages of chicken little.

the most frustrating part is that it’s been the so called strength of the team coughing up 3 leads.

thankful that at least Hader has done his job. Not sure how I’d handle if he blew one or two of these games out of the gate 

When we beat the Yankees in the ALCS, nobody will remember games 1-3.

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Bro, the guys who built the Astros into what there aren’t here anymore BY CRANE’S CHOICE. It sucks and it’s painful and the results are plain to see on the field.

Who are you referring to? Click and AJ?

I thought it was odd that Hader pitched the 9th down 2-runs; espec since there's no off-day until Thursday.  Unless the objective was just to make Abreu and Pressly feel worse about themselves.

Also hate Alvarez in the 2-hole (I'd rather him hit cleanup), analytics be damned.

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Starter ERA: 1.84
Bullpen ERA: 7.82

6 of the 8 Astros relievers have an ERA of 5.40 or worse.

Only Seth Martinez (0.00) and Josh Hader (0.00) have ERA's below 5.

Martinez also walked in 2 runs in his first appearance so he's also on the shit list.

The only thing you can hope for is this lineup actually performs up to their potential and scores runs. I’ll be surprised if abreu and pressly continue to suck an entire season so I’m not that worried about the back end of the bullpen. We need verlander back for sure and Urquidy and Garcia and McCullers are all toss ups coming back from injuries so we’re back in the cross your fingers and hope they can preform. 

im sure we will end up being ok but damn this lineup and the lack of ability to score runs at home is my biggest concern. Whoever the hitting coach is didn’t fix shit during spring training or the off season.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

uphauling

complaisant means willing to do something to please another, complacent means smug and self-satisfied, something that you want to avoid when you're on the winning team.
I think it’s the latter that applies. 

I see that Singleton is starting so the 0fer from 1st base is likely to continue. 

Edited by TonyTexas

ugh, checking into this thread for first time this year. 

Attended the first two games, ugh, what a beating that game 2 was. 

Whole section of Yankee douchebags were doing what they do and instigating our fans.  

One Astro fan get handcuffed for throwing a drink at them.

Anyway, I am not watching todays game, maybe we can turn it around.