Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

We just finding ways to fuck up the little things every single night and all too often it involves baserunning.

If Pena stays on first in the 4th, we’d have had bases loaded with 1 out and who knows how that inning plays out 

Edit: stop merging me!

Neris has been shitty.

let’s  get ours 

Edit: seriously. stop merging me!

There is one 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, UTexasFight said:

We just finding ways to fuck up the little things every single night and all too often it involves baserunning.

If Pena stays on first in the 4th, we’d have had bases loaded with 1 out and who knows how that inning plays out 

We'd leave three on?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Tuve!!

Cheater!!!!111!11!

I took a little break after the Meyers strikeout...why the fuck did he put Abreu in at 1st?  Leave Meyers in center and put Dubon at 1st.  This shit isn't that hard.

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Tuve!!

Cheater!!!!111!11!

I took a little break after the Meyers strikeout...why the fuck did he put Abreu in at 1st?  Leave Meyers in center and put Dubon at 1st.  This shit isn't that hard.

Seriously. You know that shit will bite us in the 10th

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Hey but we upped our team BA tonight!

was .263 (third best in the majors) coming in to tonight and hit .278 for the game 

awesome! we still fucking lost 

Hader, Pressly, and Brown having an 0-7 record at this point in the season would not have been something anybody would’ve predicted a month ago; flip that around to something more expected like 4-3 and the Astros are 11-14 and nobody is panicking.  

Everything else pretty much makes sense.  Nobody should’ve expected Arrighetti, Henley, Suero, or Scott to pitch well enough to win games.  Hell, 6 months ago nobody would’ve even expected any of those guys to have thrown a pitch for Houston this early in the season.

The Astros season got completely derailed by pitching injuries.  That might be something to blame on the front office, but I don’t see how any organization absorbs constantly having 5 of their best 7 SP on the IL for the first month of the season.  They really needed a lot more out of Hunter Brown and France, 2 guys who were relatively established compared to their other healthy options.  And then Brown’s bedshitting got compounded by Hader and Pressly running into horrendous luck.

The old, It’s all going to fix itself line of horseshit isn’t going to work. 
There were problems going back to last spring, yes they got in the playoffs but anyone paying attention saw this coming. 
Crane needs to rethink his decisions or just sell the team. Crane, you made money and you will get a hell of a  return on your investment, now either reengage or GTFO! Houston deserves a better owner. Please don’t take us back to the McLane era where the Astros were the farm system for the rest of the League. Our young guys sat waiting wasting away in the minors when aging “media favorites” clogged the pipeline.  
Crane, Brown you took Houston’s sunshine!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

16 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Our offense has been a massive problem. If it could score 5-7 consistently and not 0-3 we would at the least be .500 right now. Pitching and bullpen and scoring being all shit at the same time is the biggest problem. We just plain suck dick. But to say our offense hasn’t been an issue makes me ask how many games you’ve actually watched this year? How many games do we have 1-2 hits through 5 innings? Pitching doesn’t matter if you can’t score and put pressure on the other pitching staff.

I've watched most or part of just about every game this season.  I've also looked at the stats.  My point wasn't that the offense has been great or that the team has zero offensive issues; my point was that if you are looking for why our record is so bad it has mostly to do with pitching.  And, further, that the pitching has been so bad mostly due to two factors:  injuries and guys who are supposed to be really good, not being really good.  In other words, the pitching stuff should correct in the long run and if that happens we can win a lot of games even if the offense stays basically the same.

• Hook 'Em 2

That Caratini 8th inning AB was the bad luck of the entire season all rolled into 1. How many times does a LHH hit a LD that hard and that high and it turn into an out?  1-10?  1-20?  Instead of a tied game more LOBsters. This team is cursed. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That Caratini 8th inning AB was the bad luck of the entire season all rolled into 1. How many times does a LHH hit a LD that hard and that high and it turn into an out?  1-10?  1-20?  Instead of a tied game more LOBsters. This team is cursed. 

that was a shot 

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

AL RANKS
️AVG.    1         .263
️OBP.    1         .328
️SLG.    3         .406
️OPS.    3         .734

What a stupid game. 

• Hook 'Em 2