Kansas @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Game.  Blouses.

So fucking David Pierce.  I don't know how he gets these teams peaking when they do, but he does.  That was some serious heart.

Pisses a lot of people off on here, that’s for sure.

Just now, Nueces River Rat said:

You all know David Pearce will be back next year. KU isn’t ending his career at Texas like they ended Charlie’s.

yikes

• Hook 'Em 1

KU starter pitched quite well. We eventually wore him out by fighting off good pitches. I was a little perplexed by the inability to hit Minnesota mustache, but we pulled it out. 

Does KU not have any lefties?

1 minute ago, zlavydra said:

KU starter pitched quite well. We eventually wore him out by fighting off good pitches. I was a little perplexed by the inability to hit Minnesota mustache, but we pulled it out. 

Does KU not have any lefties?

I think the guy they are starting tomorrow will be a lefty (Evan Shaw)

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I commend you on your positivity and hopefulness.

I will say it's pretty dumb to abandon any Texas team under Pierce. This is pretty much what he does every year. They look bad for a certain stretch but by the end of the year they're almost always pretty good. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Does O'Dowd get first to 3rd on that JT single? I mean it was pretty obvious but still a good decision to use Duplantiers speed.

More than likely not. O’Dowd did a hell of a job at the plate but glad we subbed there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I will say it's pretty dumb to abandon any Texas team under Pierce. This is pretty much what he does every year. They look bad for a certain stretch but by the end of the year they're almost always pretty good. 

Yes, his teams generally stick with it.  For this particular team, I think many let their passion take over and allowed their feelings of DP to overrule the things he does well.

6 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I'm sure it's been asked, but is tomorrow the last LHN broadcast of any major sport?

I’m guessing softball will continue on LHN through regional and super regional.

And, still outside chance Texas baseball hosts. :)