2018 Texas HS Football

Equinox

Is this the first time Roho has made the state semis?

I want to say one other time, 2012 (?). If so, that was J. T. Barrett's Sr. year. He got hurt early in the year, but they were pretty good until they ran into Lancaster.

Addendum: one of the best running backs on that team was a guy named Domanic Thrasher. He was murdered a few years ago when he was buying pot, and took off running without paying. One of the guys involved in the murder just began his murder trial this week.

Speaking of trick-plays.  Right about 25-years ago this week La Marque snapped A&M Consolidated's annual run to State and began their own annual appointment with the 4A Championship Game with a trick play.  The "Miracle at Pasadena Memorial."  Best high-school game I've enjoyed in person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UnivTex34 said:

Would have been worse, but Mason QB got ejected in the first half for targeting. He was rolling, and while the backup did get it moving, they had some stalled drives that likely would not have happened.

How the hell did a QB get ejected for targeting?

My 80 year old mom is a Puncher, planning her travels to the semis once location is announced.  I try to keep her up on details.

Just now, Mach 1 said:

How the hell did a QB get ejected for targeting?

My 80 year old mom is a Puncher, planning her travels to the semis once location is announced.  I try to keep her up on details.

It’s 3A football, so he also starts in the secondary. Got called hitting a guy coming across the middle.

1 minute ago, UnivTex34 said:

It’s 3A football, so he also starts in the secondary. Got called hitting a guy coming across the middle.

I would have responded sooner but I keep watching your damn avatar .... 

2A actually.  They last played Canadian in the finals who is now thankfully 3A.

Have to check out NHSF channel if all these games are on there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

I would have responded sooner but I keep watching your damn avatar .... 

2A actually.  They last played Canadian in the finals who is now thankfully 3A.

Have to check out NHSF channel if all these games are on there.

I stand corrected. They were 2A back in the day when I was in school, and in their district, (pre-reorg of A’s) so I assumed they were still about the same size, surprised they have dropped a classification since then. 

CSB, when I was an 8th grader, we lived across the street from the FB coach, and he had daughters a year younger than me, so he loved me, so all through junior high, I traveled with the varsity team and was either ball boy or ran the camera. 8th grade year, ran the camera in our district game at the Puncher Dome. That camera box is on top of the home side of the stands, which is an old wooden, covered, horse racetrack stands. So the camera box, is on top of the sun shade, at the edge. The entire thing shook. Never been so terrified in my life.

Edited by UnivTex34

2 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

I stand corrected. They were 2A back in the day when I was in school, and in their district, (pre-reorg of A’s) so I assumed they were still about the same size, surprised they have dropped a classification since then. 

CSB, when I was an 8th grader, we lived across the street from the FB coach, and he had daughters a year younger than me, so he loved me, so all through junior high, I traveled with the varsity team and was either ball boy or ran the camera. 8th grade year, ran the camera in our district game at the Puncher Bowl. That camera box is on top of the home side of the stands, which is an old wooden, covered, horse racetrack stands. So the camera box, is on top of the sun shade, at the edge. The entire thing shook. Never been so terrified in my life.

Ha, good times.

I froze my ass off in that stadium as a kid with Meemaw.  Vaguely recollect them squeaking by Sonora with those awful uniforms...   It's fun to watch Mason kick ass, my grandparents would have loved it.

19 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Ha, good times.

I froze my ass off in that stadium as a kid with Meemaw.  Vaguely recollect them squeaking by Sonora with those awful uniforms...   It's fun to watch Mason kick ass, my grandparents would have loved it.

I’m from Eldorado. Fuck Sonora.

State semis so far:

4AD1

La Vega will play Decatur, who went 4-6 but have won 4 straight playoff games by 10+ points

Carthage probably gets Liberty Hill, unless LaVernia pulls a huge upset

3AD2

Canadian (13-1) vs. Gunter (14-0) TBD

Newton (13-0) vs. East Bernard (13-1) 7:00 p.m. Friday at Porter’s Texan Drive Stadium

2AD1

New Deal (13-0) vs. San Saba (14-0) 7:00 p.m. Friday at Abilene’s Shotwell Stadium

San Augustine (12-2) vs. Mason (14-0) TBD at Waco's Waco ISD Stadium

2AD2

Gruver (13-1) vs. Albany (9-5) 6:00 p.m. Thursday at Plainview’s Sherwood Memorial Stadium

Mart (13-1) vs. Falls City (14-0) 7:00 p.m. Thursday at Georgetown's Georgetown ISD Athletic Complex

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

4AD2

Texark Pleasant Grove beat Pittsburg 44-42.  They'll get Iowa Park.  I would literally bet my house on TPG.

Silsbee gets the winner of Navarro/Cuero tomorrow night.  Would also bet my house on Cuero.

But would you bet on it being a snotfucking? 

14 minutes ago, Snotrocket said:

Snotfucking????  Wat?!?!!!

Verb; When you fuck someone/thing so hard snot flies out of your nose. Ex: Helobious so soundly snotfucked Snotrocket's mom last sunday that he himself was sloppily slinging snotrockets all over the sofa. 

Re: Daingerfield vs newton 79-12, newton.

Daingerfield won 62-0 the week before.

Any truth (from a buddy in newton) that the last time daingerfield played newton and won rolled basketballs on to the field? If so that is awesome. I love karma.

Also, #gohawks texarkana pleasant grove 4A. We are so out of place still playing with all these juniors and sophomores. Next year is supposed to be our year again after last year's senior class on the o line.

Wagner up on Mission Vets 21-7 at the half. Vets has just never seen this kind of size/speed combo. Wagner runs the triple option, but anyone that can slow that down would beat them easy. Their QB is pretty terrible throwing it, Wagner would be up by a lot more but Mission has picked him off twice, both times when he missed wide open receivers. Lots of penalties on both teams, but jesus Wagner reminds me of Memphis with their extremely thuggish/undisciplined style of play. Tons of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties & Wagner has already had one player get ejected for trying to start shit from the sideline. 

tldr; Wagner will likely win the game but has nowhere near the ability to be a state title contender. 

13 hours ago, Snotrocket said:

Snotfucking????  Wat?!?!!!

12 hours ago, Helobious said:

Verb; When you fuck someone/thing so hard snot flies out of your nose. Ex: Helobious so soundly snotfucked Snotrocket's mom last sunday that he himself was sloppily slinging snotrockets all over the sofa. 

Don't forget "When Earl ran, snot flew." DKR

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

John Tyler 14 Highland Park 7 in the 2nd qtr

That game should turn into a blowout W for HP, guess the Scots just took the 1st quarter off. John Tyler got completely destroyed by the best teams they faced this year, Cedar Hill & Longview. 

Edited by Helobious

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That game should turn into a blowout W for HP, guess the Scots just took the 1st quarter off. John Tyler got completely destroyed by the best teams they faced this year, Cedar Hill & Longview. 

Ummm John Tyler is 5A and Cedar Hill and Longview are both 6A teams. Longview being the #2 ranked team in the state. John Tyler was not expected to compete with those teams. Longview would destroy Highland Park as well.