2018 Texas HS Football

Equinox

56 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Texanlive.com.  $10... Cheaper than tickets.

NS went up 14-0, Katy just tied it at 14.

Evans not really doing anything, Glass playing, looks like Porter 2.0.... Both QBs look good

Thanks for the updates!

Richland Springs lost in the 6-man playoffs.  That rarely happens.

FB Marshall 53 PNG 14

NS 49 Katy 38

Westfield 35 Horn 16

Brock 35 Wall 13

East Chambers 35 Yoe 34

Grandview 24 Franklin 21

LH 35 Sealy 21

WOS 21 Jasper 14

Refugio 56 Shiner 41

How's it going @coachkiss

Edited by Beau Vine

9 minutes ago, markstanco said:

TXK pleasant grove in 4a beating the shit out of gilmer 56 to 20. Supposed to be a down year with a roster full of juniors and sophomores.

Cant see us going much farther but if so....good coaching.

You never know - They have some pretty good wins this year and a 7 point loss to Carthage (in a game they could have easily won) tells me they can hold their own against anyone.  Would love to see Texas sign that Landon Jackson kid.

• Like 1

Westfield finally pulled away from horn. From radio call it sounded like Westfield was grown men, but committed 5 turnovers in first half. Horn had 4 first downs in first half and were shut out in 2H

Was at this one. Westfield's defense dominated. The turnovers were something. 4 back to back. First was a muffed punt. Horn went on the kick a FG. Then Horn pooch kicked on the ensuing kickoff and recovered and went on to score a TD. Horn then did an onside kick and recovered it and went on to kick another FG. The next drive Westfield's QB fumbled

It was nuts, but Westfield was too much for them.

8 hours ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Don't know if Wasson underachieved that much or if it's a pact with the devil, but Riley has been mighty impressive given his relative lack of experience coming into the job. 

Concur.  Impressive what Little Dodge has done with a buncha white boys.

Great mascot game:

Hamlin Pied Pipers 21

#2 Wellington Skyrockets 18

Hamlin lead 13-0 at half, held on to beat the Rockets, who averaged just over 50ppg in the prior 12 games.

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Great mascot game:

Hamlin Pied Pipers 21

#2 Wellington Skyrockets 18

Hamlin lead 13-0 at half, held on to beat the Rockets, who averaged just over 50ppg in the prior 12 games.

It's the farthest Hamlin has advanced in the playoffs since '94. Wellington seemed to be the Bama of HS football. They beat every team by at least 30 pts except one, and that was by 22. Hamlin is young and should make some noise the next couple of years. I've been able to listen to their games this year thanks to the intertrons.

On 11/27/2018 at 11:21 AM, BurdineBandit said:

Just tagging on to a similar post, but this is the time every year where I hope for just one upset. I think there's 6 valley teams left, if 1 of them wins it will be a huge year for the region. My money is on my connection to the Region, the mighty La Feria Lions playing La Vernia for the 4A Area.

Really interested to see if Edinburg Vela can keep it respectable with Westlake. They're 12-0. I was originally kind of disappointed they didn't schedule an out-of-region game, but they've beat both Weslaco and Hanna (who are both still playing this weekend). Hanna also beat Amarillo Tascosa, who is playing this weekend. I think they might have the most hope for the 6A teams against Brandeis.

Hanna gave up a late score and lost to Brandeis 33-32. The other 6A teams all lost pretty badly... Weslaco playing right now, but Lake Travis pulled starters at halftime, currently up 56-7. Card with 7 TD passes in first half, 3 to Wilson. 

La Feria lost 41-13.

Westlake 28-0 over Vela with a ton of injuries on both sides