2018 Texas HS Football

Equinox

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Mesquite Horn 45 Temple 38

Horn was 3-7 coming into the game, but shit, look at their schedule: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/horn-jaguars-(mesquite,tx)/football/schedule.htm

Holy crap your right. That has to be one of the most brutal schedules I ever seen a team have to play. Like half are undefeated. 

14 hours ago, Beigebandit said:

I graduated from Judson, and I don’t like what you’re implying sir. Converse is a growing area new subdivisions popping up all the time. Being that Converse is located damn near directly between Randolph AFB and Ft. Sam Houston means there is always an influx of talent coming to the area. I have no idea what crime you speak of sir..........

Also graduated from Judson. Can confirm that crime was getting bad before I left and has only gone downhill from there.

42 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Mesquite Horn 45 Temple 38

Horn was 3-7 coming into the game, but shit, look at their schedule: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/horn-jaguars-(mesquite,tx)/football/schedule.htm

That is laughable, and not in a good way.  Sheesh.  Thank you sir, may I have another?!

Bowie outplayed Steele tonight.

Our QB has been out since the LT game (ACL).  Also lost a starting LB that game (ACL).  Then lost our D1 starting NT a couple weeks ago (ACL), and a starting DE (neck).  Last week, Westlake knocked out our starting RB (ankle).  Annnnnd....Higgins was suspended the 1st half tonight because he got tossed last week.

Bowie was still up 10-6 at half.  That's with a dropped TD pass that was converted into a FG.  Up 17-6 end of the 3rd.  Lined up for a FG to start the 4th.  Bad snap/hold and Steele gets it near midfield and scores 1 play later.  17-12 (2pt no good).  Bowie punts and Steele scores again.  18-17 (2pt no good again).

Bowie got the ball and rammed it down Steele's throat with Higgins at QB.  3-4 yards a play. Drained the clock from 6:50 down to under 2 minutes.  Inside the 15 yard line on 3rd down.  Snap is at Higgins' ankles...he fumbles it and can't recover.  Steele ball.  Would have been easy FG range for Bowie's kicker, who is good from 45+.

Gut-wrenching.

Edited by Longhorn Al

1 hour ago, Eastwood said:

Also graduated from Judson. Can confirm that crime was getting bad before I left and has only gone downhill from there.

Sunrise aka Gunrise is terrible. My sister is a principal in the district and it’s well known that if you are a good football player, you choose an Agricultural emphasis in high school so that you go to Judson instead of Wagner, there is a different emphasis that you choose( I forget which one) if you are a good basketball player, this allows you to go to Wagner. This is how their teams are always stacked.

Sunrise aka Gunrise is terrible. My sister is a principal in the district and it’s well known that if you are a good football player, you choose an Agricultural emphasis in high school so that you go to Judson instead of Wagner, there is a different emphasis that you choose( I forget which one) if you are a good basketball player, this allows you to go to Wagner. This is how their teams are always stacked.
Gunrise has always been Gunrise, but even neighborhoods that used to be uppermiddle class are now spiraling out of control. I remember when North Hampton is where all the families who just entered the next tax bracket moved to. Now it's a rough neighborhood. Woodlake went so far downhill that they closed the golf course. I remember when they were building Copperfield, but when I found myself in the neighborhood for work, it seemed like 1/3 of the houses had either boarded up windows or windows foiled over. I lived over by the Glen, so I thought those neighborhoods had it made while growing up. The whole Converse/UC area has really tanked the last decade.

Good football, though. It doesn't look like Judson football used to, but the tradition was winning, first and foremost.

Yep,
Coach Rackley is a friend of the family. Good people. I’ve always admired their coaching staff, they’ve done a good job with hires over the years.
Yeah, Rutledge left after my sophomore season, so I didn't get to do a season under Rutledge, but got to do a spring ball under him and then Rackley took over my junior year. Got two years under Rackley and he was probably one of the biggest influences in my life, at that point in time. Learned a lot from him about effort, hard work, and everything in between. Forgot some of those lessons for a while, but I found myself reflecting back on them over the last 5 years or so. Great man.

On 11/14/2018 at 10:40 AM, Longhorn94 said:

this is not a normal LT team. LT has holes on the O-line and in the D secondary. i think they will make it to the semi-finals based on their bracket. if they can continue to get better over the next 4-5 weeks then maybe they have a chance against NS. If they can get by NS, i think they match up well against Allen. But all of that assumes Wilson plays in the playoffs.

This was one of the weakest teams Smithson Valley has had in awhile. Not a very good season. They never stood a chance against LT. There has been a big dropoff since losing their star receiver/safety who is now playing as a true freshman for TCU.

8 minutes ago, Mac8111 said:

So what is the process to decide who the home team is and where the games are played moving forward ?

agree to a neutral site, or flip for home field/ closest big stadium of winning coach's choice.

If two teams  played last year in POs, then they flip home field from where it was last year or do another neutral site, if it was mutually agreed upon.

Edited by slorch

On 11/11/2018 at 6:22 PM, Beau Vine said:

Any of y'all want to roast him now?

Roast who? I stand by what I said. I watched the whole game. Going into the playoffs on a two game losing streak was a huge mistake and it bit them in the ass. Almighty Temple. 

Edited by Tex Pete

2 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

No, not really. I mean, they were ok, but it’s more of a really really bad loss by Cedar Hill.

back in the day you had to be really really REALLY bad to not beat them by more than two TD's.

this is a totally shameful loss for CH. 

Edited by Bruh Man

6 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

Charlie Brewer's cousin is the QB. They have some nice receivers too. This class has been making noise in 7s for several years now including winning state one year.

interesting. usually that part of richardson is known more for their academics than athletics. 

34 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

interesting. usually that part of richardson is known more for their academics than athletics. 

pearce has always been the best school in richardson for sports.  berkner?  richardson high?  lake highlands is probably better if you count them. 

53 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I can't remember Richardson or Pearce ever being worth a shit in football.  They were always nearly as inept as RL Turner or Newman Smith.  

15 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

back in the day you had to be really really REALLY bad to not beat them by more than two TD's.

this is a totally shameful loss for CH. 

Yeah, Pierce finished 4th in a district with one good team in it, and Cedar Hill was playing at home. It's as bad of a loss that happened in the first round. Cedar Hill needs at least a new OC imo. 

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I can't remember Richardson or Pearce ever being worth a shit in football.  They were always nearly as inept as RL Turner or Newman Smith.  

Early 90s Richardson Eagles was one of the teams that made me excited about playing football.  They made some deep playoff runs.

37 minutes ago, futureman said:

you like me peelin off that scab?  you like that?  ROB MARTIN. 

What pissed me off about that fucking game was that there was a point in the 4th quarter or the OT where our All State RT, Kyle Williams, got banged up and had to come out when we were near the goal line. Instead of running Colby right behind him for an easy TD, Randy Allen made probably the only truly boneheaded decision in his career when he he tried to run him behind Williams’ backup (forgot who it was) instead of something else and we got stuffed on 3rd down (instead of calling a timeout so that Kyle could go back in). Settled for 3 instead of 7 and that gave those dicklickers a breath of hope.

3 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

What pissed me off about that fucking game was that there was a point in the 4th quarter or the OT where our All State RT, Kyle Williams, got banged up and had to come out when we were near the goal line. Instead of running Colby right behind him for an easy TD, Randy Allen made probably the only truly boneheaded decision in his career when he he tried to run him behind Williams’ backup (forgot who it was) instead of something else and we got stuffed on 3rd down (instead of calling a timeout so that Kyle could go back in). Settled for 3 instead of 7 and that gave those dicklickers a breath of hope.

you remember when Colby was about to run it in for a td at the pylon and Matt Fawley came across the field and knocked his ass sideways out of bounds at the one yard line?  that dude was a beast. 

8 minutes ago, futureman said:

you remember when Colby was about to run it in for a td at the pylon and Matt Fawley came across the field and knocked his ass sideways out of bounds at the one yard line?  that dude was a beast. 

IIRC that actually happened twice. Unfuckingbelievable