2018 Texas HS Football

Equinox

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Wasn’t an entirely bad day for the valley. In 5A Mission Vets beat Corpus Vets 62-55. Landry Gilpin had a decent game, accounted for 703 total yards (439 passing & 264 rushing), and 7 TD’s.

They got SA Wagner next with an early 10AM kick on Saturday. Wagner is apt to play keep away with their veer offense from Gilpin. 

Longview 56 - Vandergrift 28

The Lobos have scored 196 points in their three playoff wins, and hung 56 points and 533 yards of offense on a Vandegrift (12-1) defense that came in allowing just 13 points per game.

Longview junior quarterback Haynes King eclipsed the 3,000-yard passing mark for the season by throwing for 247 yards and three touchdowns on 13 of 16 passing. He now has 38 touchdowns and just one interception on the year.

Read somewhere earlier that Haynes is the first Longview QB to pass the 3,000 yd mark for a season. This team is fun to watch. Playing Spring Westfield at Waco ISD Stadium next Sat.  2:30p.

I know the last time Longview played at Waco ISD Stadium was a decade ago now, but hopefully they can exercise some demons from that Pflugerville ass kicking in 2007. 

I've heard Westfield is solid, but know absolutely nothing about them. Any of y'all seen them play?

22 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

let us all hope bc those arrogant assholes are already going to be insufferable once the dwarf wins the heisman.

Lake Travis would have beat them last year if the starting QB wasn't hurt, it took their #2 receiving threat off the table when Card had to play QB and he played like a backup with very few reps, timing completely off yet they still made it a game.  

This year the field is better at the top and Allen will have a tougher road.  SLC/Duncanville winner should give them a run, then the GPNS/Judson winner will also be a tough one, if Allen makes it.  LT has a great program, they've played in 8 of the last 11 title games with 6 wins, 5/5 in 4A (5A) and 1/3 in 6A. This year their defense is what will keep them from going the distance. 

As long as they are healthy, North Sore should win it this year.  

1 hour ago, Treefidy said:

I was confused on the way out of the Alamodome, it appeared Veterans Memorial HS was playing Veterans Memorial HS.  Welp, VMHS won.   

There are 4 Veterans Memorial HS in 5A Division 1 Region 4. The ultimate in PC insanity run amok among the issue of names for new high schools. I'll give Mission a pass for being the first but the other three were just stupid. There's a billion names/phrases you could use to honor veterans, but they all picked the exact same one. Pure laziness. 

12 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Lake Travis would have beat them last year if the starting QB wasn't hurt, it took their #2 receiving threat off the table when Card had to play QB and he played like a backup with very few reps, timing completely off yet they still made it a game.  

This year the field is better at the top and Allen will have a tougher road.  SLC/Duncanville winner should give them a run, then the GPNS/Judson winner will also be a tough one, if Allen makes it.  LT has a great program, they've played in 8 of the last 11 title games with 6 wins, 5/5 in 4A (5A) and 1/3 in 6A. This year their defense is what will keep them from going the distance. 

As long as they are healthy, North Sore should win it this year.  

Actually, I think the defense has been good this year. There are a couple of holes in the secondary but the front 7 has played really well. The offensive line was their downfall against WL and will be against Judson or NS. 

6 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

The WL starting QB is out for the season. Broken fibula.

Hate to hear that kind of thing. 

From a football standpoint, they will still easily win the next two rounds. The potential title game against Longview may be more of a challenge now though. 

On 12/2/2018 at 2:14 AM, RegularSizedRudy said:

Longview 56 - Vandergrift 28

Read somewhere earlier that Haynes is the first Longview QB to pass the 3,000 yd mark for a season. This team is fun to watch. Playing Spring Westfield at Waco ISD Stadium next Sat.  2:30p.

I know the last time Longview played at Waco ISD Stadium was a decade ago now, but hopefully they can exercise some demons from that Pflugerville ass kicking in 2007. 

I've heard Westfield is solid, but know absolutely nothing about them. Any of y'all seen them play?

That place will be overflowing I suspect ... shame they could not make McLane work.

Huntsville and FB Marshall play Friday night at Berry Center in Cypress.

The last 2 weeks Huntsville has played indoors.  Forecast for Friday is high 50s at game time, but almost 100% chance of rain.

Decatur, who was 4-6 and the 4th place rep in their district, beat Hereford 38-28 to win 4AD1 Region 1.  All 4 of their playoff wins were by double digits.  

Brock 23, Shallowater 21 to keep one of my top state picks alive.

Canadian 19, Abernathy 7.  Condolences to Slorch.  That game was a lot lower scoring than I expected.  Weather?

And holy shit, Newton 79, Daingerfield 12.  Wow.