Who predicts the first FCS team to knock off a FBS team this fall..?

kopp0e

I go with: Nicholls at Kansas | Sept. 1

7 potential FCS over FBS upsets that may happen in 2018 | NCAA.com

58 mins ago - These seven FCS teams may give FBS teams a scare in the 2018 ... Burks accounted for 37 total touchdowns (29 rushing) and 2,410 total ...

• Like 1

EWU @ WSU Sept. 15th it is too bad it is not the first game of the year for WSU mike really loves to lose those especially to D1-AA teams, but there is a good chance with a loss to Wyoming and a closer than expected game with a terrible San Jose State mike will be totally losing the team by the third game

49 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Would love to see Northwestern State beat aggy opening week.  Someone posted they have quiet a few DI transfers and JUCO's.

Shelton Eppler, the quarterback for Navasota's high powered offense a couple of years back transferred in as well.  He is battling Holgorsen for the starting job.   I would chuckle if a kid from a 3A school 23 miles down the road from Collieville came to town and beat aggy's ass.  

Ndsu doesnt face a FBS team until 2020 Oregon so they're out.

The second best team is james Madison who is at NC state. They have a potent qb. Jmu lost a lot on defense and offense so I think NC st will win there

3rd best team is SDSU who plays at Iowa st. Sdsu lost their 2 top targets in goedert and wieneke. Return a good defense and their QB who's a dual threat. I assume ISU will win because I think the new sdsu offense will struggle out of the gate but ISU makes things interesting as they seem to struggle vs fcs schools recently in UNI and ndsu.

Itll probably be a g5 school that goes down vs a fcs school.

12 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Fucking cheater. Pick someone other than Kansas as your victim.

Will Nicholls State be an underdog to Kansas? I'm not sure that's guaranteed, and if they're not an underdog then winning wouldn't be an upset. So it may be an invalid choice in addition to essentially cheating.

• Like 2

Texas Southern might beat Texas State.  I had a guy in my class who said he was a football player.  He wasn't particularly big or muscley.  I figured he might be a fullback.  I looked him up and he's a DT.

Fran really left this program in shambles. 

(Fire Larry.)

15 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Texas Southern might beat Texas State.  I had a guy in my class who said he was a football player.  He wasn't particularly big or muscley.  I figured he might be a fullback.  I looked him up and he's a DT.

Fran really left this program in shambles. 

(Fire Larry.)

It's similar to when I went to see a family member play in the band for a local team... I saw the football team on the field and asked a fellow parent if it was in fact the freshman or jv squad... After the looks of bewilderment, the reply was "this is the varsity team..!"...

I then knew why the team struggled to win more than 5 games most years...

We'll probably beat SDSU by a field goal and then beat Iowa in Kinnick.

We always shit the bed against FCS programs when we shouldn't.  Well, UNI in particular - who I wish we never played.  The year NDSU beat us, we were fucking terrible anyhow and they had Carson Wentz.  Looking at how things played out, that wasn't even an upset.

I still don't understand why we play good FCS programs.  

14 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We always shit the bed against FCS programs when we shouldn't.  Well, UNI in particular - who I wish we never played.  The year NDSU beat us, we were fucking terrible anyhow and they had Carson Wentz.  Looking at how things played out, that wasn't even an upset.

I'm counting on you beating the dirty birds from Iowa... 

I always put conference 1st in those kind of rivalries...

Ndsu was favored that game. Lol.

29 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
38 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Ndsu was favored that game. Lol.

Fuck, they should have been.  It might not have been as bad if Cotton-Moya and Bundrage hadn't got hurt right away, but most likely still a close loss for ISU.

It was interesting comparing the NDSU fanbase from the 2009 game to that point.  The success had definitely changed the average Bizen fan.  You guys had a very Nebraska feel.  In 2009, you were like us - just there for the party.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

34 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

I'm counting on you beating the dirty birds from Iowa... 

I always put conference 1st in those kind of rivalries...

Don't count on ISU for anything other than spectacular failure at the moment it seems impossible and drunk fans.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Don't count on ISU for anything other than spectacular failure at the moment it seems impossible and drunk fans.

Welp, Go #'NaderBirds, I am still with you win or lose, as the school is blessed to have some of the most loyal fans in all of the NCAA...

23 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Fucking cheater. Pick someone other than Kansas as your victim.

I mean, yeah.  It doesn't take Nostradamus to bet on a coin flip and win!

I'm pretty sure Surly could assemble a team that could give Kansas a fight.

Edited by TexArcher

Go with Kansas. Beaty  has brought in a new crop of lineman so the starting offensive line may be big, but they have never played together. Nicholls State's strength is their d-line. We couldn't have a spring game because we didn't ever recruit a back up center. I love Jayhawk football, but the sooner Beaty is gone, the sooner we can move towards something other than the worst team in college football

Northwestern State. 

Rationale:  Jimbo's offense is going to be a work in progress.  Starkel and Mond will be serviceable, but they will struggle.  Daylon Mack sucks.  Northwestern State has about 10 JUCO and D1 transfers that are pretty good players.  Their offense is up tempo,  go as fast as you can spread.  They want to run 100 plays.  Daylon Mack craps out after two.  aggy's DL depth sucks.  Northwestern State's new coach was a JUCO offensive wizard.  They have enough JUCOS and D! transfers like Jazz Ferguson and Quan Shorts from Tech to scare the fuck out of aggy and Jimbo.  Brewster better not sleep on these dudes.  

Edited by lemonandaturd

33 minutes ago, markstanco said:
On 8/7/2018 at 8:43 PM, kopp0e said:
Awesome..! What a way to kick off the Jimbo era...

It would be spun in to how saban lost to UAB on texags and you know it

They need shirts on campus that say: It's an aggy thing, you wouldn't understand"...

On 8/7/2018 at 8:35 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Would love to see Northwestern State beat aggy opening week.  Someone posted they have quiet a few DI transfers and JUCO's.

Could you guarantee this?

If you could, I will gladly hand you a signed, blank check for your troubles and let you fill out any amount you want and I will pay it

13 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Northwestern State. 

Rationale:  Jimbo's offense is going to be a work in progress.  Starkel and Mond will be serviceable, but they will struggle.  Daylon Mack sucks.  Northwestern State has about 10 JUCO and D1 transfers that are pretty good players.  Their offense is up tempo,  go as fast as you can spread.  They want to run 100 plays.  Daylon Mack craps out after two.  aggy's DL depth sucks.  Northwestern State's new coach was a JUCO offensive wizard.  They have enough JUCOS and D! transfers like Jazz Ferguson and Quan Shorts from Tech to scare the fuck out of aggy and Jimbo.  Brewster better not sleep on these dudes.  

I like the cut of your jib

Fuck, they should have been.  It might not have been as bad if Cotton-Moya and Bundrage hadn't got hurt right away, but most likely still a close loss for ISU. It was interesting comparing the NDSU fanbase from the 2009 game to that point.  The success had definitely changed the average Bizen fan.  You guys had a very Nebraska feel.  In 2009, you were like us - just there for the party.

Injured my knee at your tailgate in 2009. Very rough 6 hr drive back to town lulz. 

In 09a buddy of mine, who hasn't drank since 2012(bad experience at ndsu/Colorado st in Fort collins) was passed out in his car until halftime. A little too much survivors tippy cup fun for me boi

I'd love ndsu and isu to schedule again. I think Ames wins because it's a p5 fanbase that'll invade town, it's an afternoon's drive from Fargo or mpls all interstate and I've enjoyed all my experiences at jack trice 2 times ndsu, 1 time texas.

31 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I'd love ndsu and isu to schedule again. I think Ames wins because it's a p5 fanbase that'll invade town, it's an afternoon's drive from Fargo or mpls all interstate and I've enjoyed all my experiences at jack trice 2 times ndsu, 1 time texas.

If we never played UNI and their douchebag purple hawkeye fans again it'd be too soon for me.  I'd put NDSU back on the schedule in their place for sure.

If we never played UNI and their douchebag purple hawkeye fans again it'd be too soon for me.  I'd put NDSU back on the schedule in their place for sure.
It is kinda funny to see how empty the unidome is when theres a game in IC.

But yes. Fuck UNI with the heat of a thousand suns. I dont expect Iowa st and ndsu to meet again soon but it's not like ISU is in the hunt for a playoff spot...they could mark up the game to kansas state, texas tech, Oklahoma st prices and ndsu fans would snatch them up...
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Injured my knee at your tailgate in 2009. Very rough 6 hr drive back to town lulz. 

In 09a buddy of mine, who hasn't drank since 2012(bad experience at ndsu/Colorado st in Fort collins) was passed out in his car until halftime. A little too much survivors tippy cup fun for me boi

On one hand, I love it for the reasons you list.

On the other hand, losing to FCS teams is terrible, and NDSU is good enough to beat 80% of P5 teams on any given Saturday.  Everyone knows it, but you still get shit for the loss.

15 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

On one hand, I love it for the reasons you list.

On the other hand, losing to FCS teams is terrible, and NDSU is good enough to beat 80% of P5 teams on any given Saturday.  Everyone knows it, but you still get shit for the loss.

I think NDSU should look at moving up to the MWC at some point...