the meg

futureman

The story wasn’t inherently bad. It had  some nice suspense . The acting/casting was atrocious. 

Chinese Lead - watching her try to flirt with Jason Statham was cringe worthy acting 

Jason Statham - his range consists of 0-1

Chinese Father - did they intentionally find bad actors?

Brooding punk supermodel who can’t act as a engineer - check

Token Black actor plays stereotype black guy who sounds like he didn’t graduate High School but yet holds Uber technical position somehow. Couldn’t afford a better actor?

Dwight  - fine

Cliff Curtis - fine

• Like 1

Dwight stole the show.

Fun movie.  Would watch again for free on HBO.

Apparently Statham was pissed because the original cut was pretty gory, but the studio wanted a PG-13 flick to make more money and it was all cut. 

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Syfy doesn’t spend $130 million dollars on a movie. 

I cant believe any studio did, but here we are. 

Leaks have it closer 180 million but it was co-financed by a Chinese studio..... It did pretty good business but the 2nd week drop will most likely point to if this is a hit or not.

Dwight stole the show.
Fun movie.  Would watch again for free on HBO.

Apparently Statham was pissed because the original cut was pretty gory, but the studio wanted a PG-13 flick to make more money and it was all cut. 

They should release 2 versions. Why has no studio done this? PG-13 for the mass audience, R for the rest of us. I’m sure there is a reason. I guess it depends if they shot the gory scenes and cut them vs not shooting them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Leaks have it closer 180 million but it was co-financed by a Chinese studio..... It did pretty good business but the 2nd week drop will most likely point to if this is a hit or not.

it’s making good money in china.  it’ll clear a profit easily and be pretty profitable.   which is great news, because I can’t wait for the meg 2

13 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

You would think for an extra 178 million they could have at least put tentacles on the shark.

LMAO.  When JW: Fallen Kingdom is a better movie, you know you have a pile of shit on your hands.  This could’ve/should’ve been better, Author of the series has to be highly disappointed or even pissed.  Prior post nailed it,  SyFy material at best.  Hard to believe a mechanical shark 40+ yrs old is still more realistic than this cgi crap.