Just another Christian doing Christian things....

this

20 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Not that it excuses the behavior. But I did read the guy suffers from PSTD and is bipolar.  This doesn’t seem to be the garden variety deplorable, more a mental illness case. 

You mean you read that in YouTube comments? Yeah, that sounds legit.

And even if legit, being bipolar or suffering from PTSD does not make you a fucking racist. 

But being a Christian when you're told repeatedly that its just you that has THE answer and have seen THE light, definitely makes you think less of people that don't follow some random book that has been "updated" several times. 

His racism is closely related to him being a Christian over PTSD or bipolar disorder. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, NateHitch said:

Tremendous amount of restraint shown by the other guy, props to him for being the bigger person here but I was rooting for him to land one good shot.  What a perfect microcosm of 3rd world countries being subjected to Christianity.  

Yes, that video is the perfect encapsulation of the work that Christians have done and are doing in Africa!  Very insightful! Perfect microcosm!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, this said:

And even if legit, being bipolar or suffering from PTSD does not make you a fucking racist. 

But being a Christian when you're told repeatedly that its just you that has THE answer and have seen THE light, definitely makes you think less of people that don't follow some random book that has been "updated" several times. 

His racism is closely related to him being a Christian over PTSD or bipolar disorder. 

I dont neg in CR as a matter of general policy, but going to make an exception here. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They should thank the Christians for all the slavery and colonialism. 

There is no doubt that colonialism has had a negative impact on Africa. You can conflate that with Christianity if you wish. I will rather base my judgement of the impact on the charities I support that are building wells and schools. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

There is no doubt that colonialism has had a negative impact on Africa. You can conflate that with Christianity if you wish. I will rather base my judgement of the impact on the charities I support that are building wells and schools. 

Do those schools teach evolutionary biology? It would be good to teach young Africans that all human life originated in Africa. I'd be surprised if the Christian schools you help fund do that.

For the sake of the children, I hope you're not Catholic. 

19 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Do those schools teach evolutionary biology? It would be good to teach young Africans that all human life originated in Africa. I'd be surprised if the Christian schools you help fund do that.

You could not make it more clear, based on your primary areas of concern, exactly how completely and totally out of touch you are with the needs in countries like Uganda. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You could not make it more clear, based on your primary areas of concern, exactly how completely and totally out of touch you are with the needs in countries like Uganda. 

Good for you for contributing to a cause. That makes up for centuries of history. I guess Africa can't complain about Christian oppression anymore because Anastasis donated to a well. 

Hey, at least donating money is better than prayer. Prayer is literally the least you can do. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Good for you for contributing to a cause. That makes up for centuries of history. I guess Africa can't complain about Christian oppression anymore because Anastasis donated to a well. 

Hey, at least donating money is better than prayer. Prayer is literally the least you can do. 

I don’t know, I’d say being an evangelical atheist on a message board is at least even.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

I don’t know, I’d say being an evangelical atheist on a message board is at least even.

We're all atheists. Some of us just believe in one fewer of the gods than others. Like they say, when you understand why you don't believe in all the other gods, you'll understand why we don't believe in yours. 

It's good to help others. You don't need religion to do so. And don't act like your donation makes up for the evils inflicted upon humanity by Christians throughout history.

We have an openly racist president who calls African countries shitholes and doesn't want their people to immigrate to America. He has the backing of the Christian establishment. But Anastasis is donating to a school so it all equals out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Good for you for contributing to a cause. That makes up for centuries of history.

Children in Uganda are drinking shit water.

Some people build wells and schools for those children.

But what about the navel gazing atheism rhetoric!!

24 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

We're all atheists. Some of us just believe in one fewer of the gods than others. Like they say, when you understand why you don't believe in all the other gods, you'll understand why we don't believe in yours. 

It's good to help others. You don't need religion to do so. And don't act like your donation makes up for the evils inflicted upon humanity by Christians throughout history.

We have an openly racist president who calls African countries shitholes and doesn't want their people to immigrate to America. He has the backing of the Christian establishment. But Anastasis is donating to a school so it all equals out. 

Was it you who answered my question about the thickness of your skull?

45 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

We have an openly racist president who calls African countries shitholes and doesn't want their people to immigrate to America. He has the backing of the Christian establishment. 

Well, no, but nice strawman.  

Really an outstanding thread.  Fertile new ground here.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Children in Uganda are drinking shit water.

Some people build wells and schools for those children.

But what about the navel gazing atheism rhetoric!!

Good for you. You chopped down a tree. The forest is still there and Christians are planting new trees faster than you can cut them down.

18 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Good for you. You chopped down a tree. The forest is still there and Christians are planting new trees faster than you can cut them down.

The vast majority of Christians today should be fed to lions. Maybe you haven't kept up with my thoughts on how we should handle heretics. 

4 hours ago, this said:

Fucking hell.

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Do you have anything to contribute to this board besides trashing religion at every opportunity?

Edited by TwiceHorn

I don't give a fuck about his PTSD or other psychological diagnoses. If he knows this is what can happen then he should stay the fuck home.

I don't give a fuck if he's an ex-Marine. That has to be the dullest qualifier in our cultural argot. He just embarrassed the hell out of his country. As said above, the men who work for the hotel showed remarkable restraint. I'm glad the fuckhead got arrested. 

Lastly, good works don't wipe away wicked acts. I congratulate Christians on their good works, but I will not ignore their transgressions. It was Christian nations who exploited Africa in horrible ways. Their is both national and religious shame in that.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't give a fuck about his PTSD or other psychological diagnoses. If he knows this is what can happen then he should stay the fuck home.

I don't give a fuck if he's an ex-Marine. That has to be the dullest qualifier in our cultural argot. He just embarrassed the hell out of his country. As said above, the men who work for the hotel showed remarkable restraint. I'm glad the fuckhead got arrested. 

Lastly, good works don't wipe away wicked acts. I congratulate Christians on their good works, but I will not ignore their transgressions. It was Christian nations who exploited Africa in horrible ways. Their is both national and religious shame in that.

Keep a close eye on the china sucks thread.

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

LOL negative impact. Its like saying on 9/11, no doubt the planes had a negative impact on world trade center. 

14 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Bulls eye. This is all on him and the group. If he wasn't smart enough to know his condition would cause problems, his group should have been and not allowed him to go.

21 minutes ago, RPM said:

Bulls eye. This is all on him and the group. If he wasn't smart enough to know his condition would cause problems, his group should have been and not allowed him to go.

Self awareness is not a strong suit of the mentally ill.  The group is more blameworthy, but who is to say they knew he was prone this way.  Hell, everybody probably thought it would be good for him.