2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Except the great posters on this thread that say he’s still an elite saver.

i haven't read this in a long time from any posters, great or otherwise.  i'm not a giles hater by any stretch, but also don't claim he's an elite closer.  my only request is that hinch gives him a defined role or cut him loose.  an occasional save, then coming into the 6th, then a high leverage 8th, then extra innings - giles doesn't strike me as someone who can just "roll with the punches".

Looking at the standings and see the A’s have the same record as the Indians... what do we make of Cleveland?
They are 5 under .500 against teams not in the AL Central.

I’d much rather play them in the ALDS than potentially NY or Boston. Even if it means not having home field advantage in the ALCS. So I guess we hope for 2nd best record.

Looking at the standings and see the A’s have the same record as the Indians... what do we make of Cleveland?

Same thing i thought about them when we played them earlier in the year.

They suck. They are the smartest retard.

i think right now, the yankees and sox have the same issue - a shaky rotation after a dominant ace.  i don't know the exact schedules, but if we play a short series against boston or nyy where sale or severino can only go once (and potentially not until g3) then i like that matchup.

edit - ok i looked at last year's schedule, and the wildcard game is basically on "day 1".  then the yankees (the wc winner) played again on day 3 and day 4.  which means proper rest for a wildcard starter wouldn't be until g3 of a 5 game series.  (and if you remember, the yankees lost the first two games at cleve)

as of right now, kluber+carrasco/bauer is better than what those two have.  that said, price/tanaka could get hot, and i'm sure one or both will trade for a starter.  hopefully it'll be hamels level or worse, and we'll still have an advantage.

after playing in two game 7's last year, fuck rooting to not have homefield.

• Like 1

During the regular season last year they were the team that concerned me the most in the playoffs. Now not so much.

13 hours ago, Mez2 said:

I'd fuck Allyson footee

I'm on the fence, but I will always appreciate her for one of my favorite Roy Oswalt stories.

https://footer.mlblogs.com/roy-oswalt-opens-a-restaurant-and-several-towns-celebrate-235f41fdccbe

The school may be small, but the championships are plentiful, as these banners show. One of my favorite Oswalt football stories originated here. Apparently, he conducted himself in a somewhat unsportsmanlike fashion during one particularly high-scoring game. As Roy ran into the end zone, he turned around to face his opponents and jogged in backward, all the while pretending he was shooting guns into the ground — “Pew! Pew! Pew!”

• Like 1

MLB.tv is running a sale right now.  You can get the 1 team package for $30 for the rest of the season.  You will have to use unlocator or something similar to hide your location if you live in Texas, but it's very cheap and simple to setup.

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

MLB.tv is running a sale right now.  You can get the 1 team package for $30 for the rest of the season.  You will have to use unlocator or something similar to hide your location if you live in Texas, but it's very cheap and simple to setup.

fwiw, i've been using reddit since i cancelled mlb.tv a month ago, and i ain't never going back.  

Y’all know what we did 1 year ago today?

Went in to the All Star Break after this:

14c988e0b755aa80017118f9d133a2cc.jpg

I remember that series with Osuna and Stroman acting like punks..and then laying the wood on Sunday

(And before anyone calls it out, no Giles did not give up the 1 run in the 9th)

• Like 1

Y’all know what we did 1 year ago today?
Went in to the All Star Break after this:

14c988e0b755aa80017118f9d133a2cc.jpg

I remember that series with Osuna and Stroman acting like punks..and then laying the wood on Sunday

(And before anyone calls it out, no Giles did not give up the 1 run in the 9th)

3a3e73025e073415f19cabc5a8fd07bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

He took ground balls today at least? (But still not swinging a bat)

Just precautionary, I hope.

Had we not been winning at such a good clip since CC went out, having him miss as many games as he has would be bigger deal with more fans. I feel it's kind of a big deal anyway, because it's just the latest piece of an ongoing pattern. He's a great player but just seems to lack durability. A Lamborghini you can't keep out of the shop is arguably just another broken-down vehicle.   

you wanna know how good the astros are?  i'll tell you how good.

in the last 24 games, george springer is hitting .111 with one homer and 2 rbi and we're still 18-6 over those games and nobody is saying shit about the fact that he just got named an all-star.  oh, and correa has been out about half that stretch as well.

.111 dude.  that's a slump for an nl pitcher.  or marisnick.