2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

7 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Fuck it, let's just go 11-0.

8 teams went 4-0 when it was just the WS, the '76 Reds went 7-0, but none undefeated since the playoffs expanded to 3 rounds.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/10/04/teams-undefeated-postseason-playoffs-history-swept

Edited by clapclapclap
This is not a jinx post

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

This team is so well prepared. Hitting approach, defensive alignments, situational awareness. Just a joy to watch

It really is. As Longhorn and Houston fans, we have become accustomed to hero ball where one great player takes us over the top.  But we are the evil empire now. Feels good. 

18 minutes ago, Scraps said:
20 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:
7 game series. And we are a road team. Id rather play the whole thing in Fenway actually. 

Dude if you havent noticed we fuck bitches at home in the playoffs. 1 loss in the past 2 years. It don't make a shit cause we have the best team in the world

Truth. 

5 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

It's a much needed family relief valve.

I get in trouble for cussing too much during 'family time," AKA  stupid strike / ball calls or calling out players' bitchassedness.  In last night's case Benintendi's tirade after JV had walked a billion folks and Bennyboy thought he'd stand at the plate and count on not getting strikes.

the pitch when the Boston catcher stood up, but it was a perfect strike was unbelievable.

I think blue flat out did not see it, but the catcher stood up, so it had to be out of the zone, right?

the pitch when the Boston catcher stood up, but it was a perfect strike was unbelievable.
I think blue flat out did not see it, but the catcher stood up, so it had to be out of the zone, right?

That’s on the catcher for completely blocking the view. How can an umpire call a strike he doesn’t see?

1 minute ago, ERhine said:

That’s on the catcher for completely blocking the view. How can an umpire call a strike he doesn’t see?

I wasn't necessarily blaming the ump, but on a night of bizarro shit happening, that play definitely contributed.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

that was an amazing pitch. he threw it again for a strike a few pitches later.

Marwin's play of the long flyball off the monster was also pretty outstanding. Made that hit one of the longest singles ever.

40 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

Its insane a computer isn’t calling balls/strikes these days. Just absurd. Or you should at least have three challenges or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The human element makes these fuckers moist.

6 minutes ago, Simon Honeybone said:

So the Astros have homered in 13 straight playoff games dating back to Game 6 of last year's ALCS

This ties the mark held by the Houston Astros of the NL who homered in all 12 games they played in the 2004 playoffs but the streak started in the 2001 NLDS against the Braves by one Daryle Ward 

Crazy the Astros have post season team hr records.  I recall the days where a single player (Dave kingman?) had more home runs than the Astros had as a team.

• Like 1