2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

At some point, there needs to be a serious talk with Jake, and serious decisions need to be made. The Red Sox did it with Ramirez.

I'd be surprised if he's still employed by the Astros at the all star break. 

This is starting to get pretty frustrating. And I might be the biggest sunshine pumper around these parts.

I still think we will win the division fairly comfortably, but that might speak more about my lack of faith  in the Mariners and Angels than really feeling like we will win 100+. 

2 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

This is starting to get pretty frustrating. And I might be the biggest sunshine pumper around these parts.

I still think we will win the division fairly comfortably, but that might speak more about my lack of faith  in the Mariners and Angels than really feeling like we will win 100+. 

We are about to go on a run.  We play a lot of bad teams coming up.  They need to move Keuchel to 5 spot.  

1 hour ago, BornOrange said:

I don't know how Keuchel would react to a move to the bullpen.

The more likely move would be for him to feel a little "tweak" and go on the 10 day DL, followed by a brief rehab stint in Corpus.

Why do we have to cater to his feelings? He's not coming back next year and, and between him, McHugh, and peacock, that number 5 is interchangeable. 

10 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Jesus, Keuchel.

Just tip your cap to Seager and shut up. If can’t do that, at least stop at speculating you’re tipping your pitches. Don’t throw Stassi under the bus too.

Keuchel is such a bitch. He's not as good as he thinks he is. He whined at the trade deadline last year. His "we're not the Cubs" bullshit. 

He should really learn to shut the fuck up. 

10 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Jesus, Keuchel.

Just tip your cap to Seager and shut up. If can’t do that, at least stop at speculating you’re tipping your pitches. Don’t throw Stassi under the bus too.

He's right. Feels more like 0-11 to me. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BornOrange said:

I don't know how Keuchel would react to a move to the bullpen.

The more likely move would be for him to feel a little "tweak" and go on the 10 day DL, followed by a brief rehab stint in Corpus.

Or maybe shake things up by shaving his beard and see how he pitches.

Altuve currently has an ISO of .123. (ISO = SLG-AVG.) 

The last season he finished with an ISO this low was 2014 (.112). That year, he struck out in 7.5% of his PAs. He is currently striking out in 15% of his PAs. 

His K% was up the last 3 years compared to 2014 - but so was the ISO (power): .146, .194, .202. 

So...he's striking out at a career-high rate while also losing the power gains he made since 2014. Not a good combo. 

Looking more closely - his line drive % is a career high and ground ball % is at a career low. He's hitting more balls to CF than normal and his HR/FB is down from recent year. So...maybe it's just a matter of him hitting more balls to CF that aren't going out of the park and it will even out over the next few months. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Altuve currently has an ISO of .123. (ISO = SLG-AVG.) 

The last season he finished with an ISO this low was 2014 (.112). That year, he struck out in 7.5% of his PAs. He is currently striking out in 15% of his PAs. 

His K% was up the last 3 years compared to 2014 - but so was the ISO (power): .146, .194, .202. 

So...he's striking out at a career-high rate while also losing the power gains he made since 2014. Not a good combo. 

Trade his ass... package deal with Keuchel.

I kid before any of you no humor having people take it seriously.