2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

19 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Losing eight games in a row at home is no reason to panic 

-Hinch logic

Well, he's right. 

Panic is when you aren't in first place anymore. Even then, there's over a month of baseball to play.

Fans can panic all they want and are right to do so.

Remember last August?

35 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Well, he's right. 

Panic is when you aren't in first place anymore. Even then, there's over a month of baseball to play.

Fans can panic all they want and are right to do so.

Remember last August?

Dude, this is the overreaction thread, so in our minds we're already the second wild card. But we're getting Bryce Harper

• Haha 1

We are in regression mode, but, and I have to say but because there is no need to panic...Altuve and Springer run around the bases quite often and when you subtract that from the mix you end up with a deficit. Things will turn around and the Wins will pile up and soon because even without Altuve and Springer we are a better team the  80 percent of the league. People always spreading negativity is such a shame...speak positive about our team or don’t speak at all.

Verlander threw 7.2 against the Dodgers last week with 14 K's and gave up one run.

My guess is ALtuve will require knee surgery in the off-season to repair torn cartilage and they are going to try to have him play in pain for the remainder of the season - this based on listening to last week's podcast with AJ.

31 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Have you seen our road record against the AL West? 

Yeah. Have you seen theirs?

We can try to convince ourselves otherwise, but if we don't start playing a whole lot better offense night in and night out, we'll never sniff anything in the postseason. Some of the competition might hit the skids as well, and likely will...but I'd rather we not go with that as our strategy. 

Edited by Gut Wagon

21 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Yeah. Have you seen theirs?

We can try to convince ourselves otherwise, but if we don't start playing better, we'll never sniff anything in the postseason. Some of the competition might hit the skids as well, and likely will...but I'd rather we not go with that as our strategy. 

Look, I hate to break it to you, but we probably aren't going to win the World Series this year. That's just the odds. We're still the favorite, though. That's good!

Of course we need to start playing better. We also need two of our best players back. That will help a ton.

Edited by David Dennison

21 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Look, I hate to break it to you, but we probably aren't going to win the World Series this year. That's just the odds.

Of course we need to start playing better. We also need two of our best players back. That will help a ton.

I started following the Astros in 1968, so I guess I'm familiar with how things tend to play out. That said, I hope this team shocks me and proves having one of the greatest rotations in recent memory hasn't all been for naught. I just want our team to control the part it can control. That isn't injuries, obviously, but just playing better in general would be a glorious thing to see.

Edited by Gut Wagon

20 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I started following the Astros in 1968, so I guess I'm familiar with how things tends to play out. That said, I hope this team shocks me and proves having one of the greatest rotations in recent memory hasn't all been for naught. 

Every world series championship requires a heavy dose of luck. I hope we get lucky again.