4 starters
9 position players (including DH)
8 bullpen guys
1 backup catcher
1 RH PH bat
1 LH PH bat
1 defensive replacement that’s plenty fast
= no room for Straw

Actually, 2 backup catchers...or 1+1 emergency catcher. 

Edited by runthebone

I’m just not liking the idea of carrying Gattis right now. As noted, there must be some data showing he’ll be needed, because he hasn’t done much of anything positive for awhile now. Maybe he’ll spank one over the Monster in Game 1 and show he belongs. 

He’s going to hit a home run that crushes their souls at some point. It’s going to be full cave man on Boston.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Hard to leave a guy with ~30 homers off the postseason roster. I think it’s also a clubhouse move.

This. And he straight up carried the team for a while this year while other players were injured and slumping. And his playoff blood is cold.

Its crazy that we are talking about leaving off guys that would be somewhere between the 4th and 7th best players on other playoff teams and no brainer roster members. Hopefully, they dont play overconfident. 

• Like 1

I’m just not liking the idea of carrying Gattis right now. As noted, there must be some data showing he’ll be needed, because he hasn’t done much of anything positive for awhile now. Maybe he’ll spank one over the Monster in Game 1 and show he belongs. 

You need a right handed PH bat that’s not Marisnick.

Plus remember when you fools were trashing Gattis early in the year wanting him to be DFA’ed and then he carried the team for a few weeks?
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

You need a right handed PH bat that’s not Marisnick.

Plus remember when you fools were trashing Gattis early in the year wanting him to be DFA’ed and then he carried the team for a few weeks?

Ha. I’ve called for him to be DFAed every time he’s gone deep into the doldrums. Which has been pretty often this year. Sometimes it “worked,” but not always. I might need to crank that up again, because it couldn’t hurt.

Nobody appreciates a Gattis bomb more than I. Huge when we get it, obviously. I just haven’t seen any recent sign of life from his bat and can’t see much value when he’s not clubbing pitches. But I guess they figure he’s “due” and/or he’s still a huge positive to have around from the perspective of team chemistry.

Anyway, we’ll see. I just hope we don’t miss miss what Straw clearly brings to the table. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yep. I predict Sale will throw an 81 pitch perfect game. Astros won't even be able to foul one off a single time. Doomed. 

That’s going to happen. Not to mention every hitter on Boston’s roster (yes, including all the subs and at least one ballboy) will hit for the cycle.