2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

6 minutes ago, huge said:

What about the extended time when he was hitting .480 with RISP?

I get it, he’s in the toilet now but he wasn’t before. So what now? Cut him? Or are you just saying to bat him 8th?

He's been in the toilet for most of the season from a power perspective as his slugging percentage of roughly .400 indicates. I said he shouldn't be batting cleanup for this team until his strength is proven to be back. The kind of injury he suffered is notorious for sapping a hitter's strength. He got hot for about a 15 game spell and showed a little pop, and I was mocked for the premise that the dude should be batting down the lineup in exchange for anyone else hitting cleanup. So I'm just giving it the old follow-up. 

From a mathematical perspective, and you know this, a .480 BA is not even vaguely within the range of sustainable, much less in high leverage. The probability of Yuli Gurriel having a Tommy Herr season from 1985 is basically zero, which is what this last month is proving. 

46 minutes ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

I don't understand why we don't put Kemp in the leadoff position until Altuve and Correa get back. Batting Bregman 3 and Springer 4 would change the entire dynamic of the lineup IMO. 

1. Kemp 2B

2. Reddick RF

3. Bregman 3B

4. Springer CF

5. Gurriel 1B

6. Gattis DH

7. Gonzales SS

8. Stassi C

9. Tucker LF

That would be my lineup for RHP at least. I don't get what Hinch was doing the last few games with the lineup. It's easy to pitch around our few dangerous hitters to get to our AAA rejects. 

White should play over Marwin, he really sucks. Put Yuli at 3rd and Bregman at SS.

and the fucking shift took out George.