2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

7 hours ago, thetruth said:

Who is going to be surly's new bullpen whipping boy now that Giles is gone. Has to be someone. 

I don’t know about surly, but I do know who the Houston media pick is. Talk about beating a dead horse (no pun yada yada yada). 

anyone go on the DL today so far - Blummer, Hinch, Rafael Ramirez? 

You shut your mouth.

It’s only 7:40 in Seattle...half the guys are still in bed. Although our luck lately, someone will try to get out of bed with a leg that’s still asleep, fall over, and break an arm trying to catch themselves

Springer to the DL?

That’s really not good for Springer if so. Normally they drag this out a few days, keep the guy on the bench for a game or two, mix in an off day, daily Hinch Iraq-defense-minister updates.... before retroactively putting him on the DL.

If they’re already pulling the trigger, that’s very disconcerting.

Only other choice I could see would be sending tucker down.

17 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Are there any potential bats we could pick up off waivers? I saw Beltre might go on waivers, anyone else we could snag and put in the DH?

I keep thinking about Choo. I'm sure the Rangers would love to lose that contract. He just turned 36 and is signed through 2020.

Texas would need to eat a lot of that contract - which they may be willing to do if we offer a good prospect package. 

Choo has been great this year (277/389/486) but was pretty average the last 2, so there is some risk there. Probably won't happen. 

I'll keep banging the McCutchen drum, though he's probably not a lock to clear waivers (Choo certainly is). 

Edited by Hank Chinaski