2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

For anyone that hasn’t read Astroball, Rieter focuses a ton on the constant give and take the FO has had to deal with re: where analytics intersect with gut feel.
I’m sure this deal took that one to a whole new level.

I posted this up thread but for those in Austin, Reiter is speaking/ signing at Bookpeople at 7 tonight. Would be interested to hear his insight on today’s news.

51 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Can he hit too?

Didn't you see the video? Darn right he can. 

Seriously, I'm never in favor of adding a scumbag to my team. I've been an Astros fan for a very long time, but I'm not THAT invested in the outcome of the games. There are  some good relievers who aren't assaulting chicks in stairwells, so I'd rather we got one of them.  

So...

We kicked a dude out for hitting his girl.  And we signed another dude after hitting his girl, because everyone deserves a second chance.

It would be easy to accuse the front office of punishing the shitty players and looking the other way on the good ones.  The old Bob Stoops Special.

I don't like this at all.

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

So...

We kicked a dude out for hitting his girl.  And we signed another dude after hitting his girl, because everyone deserves a second chance.

It would be easy to accuse the front office of punishing the shitty players and looking the other way on the good ones.  The old Bob Stoops Special.

I don't like this at all.

Well, all of management including Hinch are on board, so they must think is worth the gamble.

Big difference between Osuna and stairwell dude is video.

Osuna hasn't even been proven guilty. Mlb suspended based on chicks word.

We all know chicks never lie.

Until video surfaces, or dude is actually found guilty/no contest, then i give zero fucks.

Not saying he ultimately won't be found guilty, but nowadays if you are charged with something then you are automatically guilty regardless.

No one is gonna care when he saves the last game of the world series.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Big difference between Osuna and stairwell dude is video.

Osuna hasn't even been proven guilty. Mlb suspended based on chicks word.

We all know chicks never lie.

Until video surfaces, or dude is actually found guilty/no contest, then i give zero fucks.

Not saying he ultimately won't be found guilty, but nowadays if you are charged with something then you are automatically guilty regardless.

No one is gonna care when he saves the last game of the world series.

They might be dropping the charges on Wednesday.

I guess we'll find out.

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Pretty steep

No.

Hector Perez-Great arm with control issues.
David Paulino-Good talent that has had medical issue.
Kenneth-Great arm-No brains. He was done here.

If Osuna can keep his nose clean, it might be steep for Toronto. 

The main thing is that we didn't give up any of our top tier arms on the farm.

Good trade that I hope becomes a great one.

JV seemed pretty measured, but not too excited with the potential baggage Osuna brings with him.

He didn't back down off of his comments on previous DV issues either.  Stud.

I think its a great baseball move, concerned about it from a Club Astros perspective though.

Only 23 years old. I’d love to give the front office the benefit of the doubt here. They know more than we do. At least I hope they do.

Optics aren’t ideal that’s for sure. Not sure how many other teams could have done it at all. Not too many Giles type chips out there.