2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Who is the steadiest bat on the team That should lead off? Obviously Altuve if he was healthy. At this time, maybe kemp?

I'm inclined to say Kemp. Which seems crazy, since so many consider him a spare...but to this point, he's been really solid. I'd definitely move Springer down. Probably put him right behind Gurriel and see what happens.

the way bregs walks he might make the most sense.  of course right now he makes the most sense at 1-2-3 (except he's also been ice fucking cold with the exception of one swing in denver).  regardless of where you move springer, you need him to hit to win while our guys are hurt.  moving him to 4th doesn't all of a sudden "solve" our offensive issues.

i would look into something like springer-kemp-bregman-gattis-yuli-reddick-marwin/davis-stassi-tucker.  tucker needs to play every day or we need to send him down.

springer, bregs, and yuli have all been ice cold since the asb.  altuve was too actually.  his double in colorado made me think he was gonna come out of it.  sigh.

On 7/27/2018 at 5:25 PM, UTexasFight said:

With the shape the Rangers staff is in ...and missing Hanels because of the trade...I’d predict the Astros drop half a hundred this weekend if Correa and Tuve were in the lineup.
Our AAAA lineup may still score 4 TDs.

Needless to say, anything less than a sweep would be a huge disappointment

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Last year's fifteen game lead made August easier to handle.

We have two teams right on our ass this year.

August is brutal and a third of our line up is a minor league team.

I think we got the point. You are concerned.

• Like 1