2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

We need to stop allowing the guys to go home after the game. Rent a fucking hotel and pretend that we are on the road.

Also, put Altuve and Correa at 8/9 in the lineup.

As a group, this team just seems mentally anemic. Not sure if CC and Springer are thinking too much or too little, but they obviously must hit to give us any chance.

Regardless, right now I have to bat White fourth and move CC and Guriel down. I’m tempted to bat Kemp leadoff. Who really cares which guy’s psyche gets bruised? Grow a pair. 

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

As a group, this team just seems mentally anemic. Not sure if CC and Springer are thinking too much or too little, but they obviously must hit to give us any chance.

Regardless, right now I have to bat White fourth and move CC and Guriel down. I’m tempted to bat Kemp leadoff. Who really cares which guy’s psyche gets bruised? Grow a pair. 

Yuli Gurriel is stealing $12.7 million from the Astros.

Dear Astros,

Please pull your heads out of your collective asses. Tomorrow is September 1st, and you’re in a legitimate fucking pennant race with the god damn Oakland A’s.

Sincerely,

Astros Fans

P.S.
We sincerely appreciate the World Series win last year. We’re not even asking for a repeat, although it’d be a lot cooler if you did. Just please resemble on a somewhat consistent basis the fucking World Champions that you are.

46 minutes ago, Bull Horn said:

Dear Astros,

Please pull your heads out of your collective asses. Tomorrow is September 1st, and you’re in a legitimate fucking pennant race with the god damn Oakland A’s.

Sincerely,

Astros Fans

P.S.
We sincerely appreciate the World Series win last year. We’re not even asking for a repeat, although it’d be a lot cooler if you did. Just please resemble on a somewhat consistent basis the fucking World Champions that you are.

Dear Ungrateful Astros Fan,

Do you even same record after 135 games and run differential, bro?

Sincerely,

Astros

10 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Not sure if CC and Springer are thinking too much or too little, but they obviously must hit to give us any chance.

This is the bottom line. Springer is at a wRC+ of 114 and Correa at 107. Imagine replacing Springer and Correa with pretty average everyday players - well, that's essentially what's happened this year. 

Add to that the fact that Altuve, while he's still been really good, has not been particularly close to the offensive player he was in '16 or '17 - and suddenly your lineup is closer to ordinary than exceptional. 

Time to let your nuts hang. Tired of seeing CC and GS struggling.  Its like they are worried about off the field life(marriage,  endorsement deals etc..) . Still think they did Ted wrong by not letring him play more at mlb level. Its not like gattis or josh were killing it. Pennant race is on not the time to be half-assing it. Stop excuses,  stop excepting to win and go make it happen

• Like 1

I think Springer is fine. He's a streaky hitter, always has been. But hopefully the thumb isn't affecting him too much. 

Correa is the one that concerns me. He has seemed off at the plate all season. Add in the vague back injury. He's been terrible since coming back. Obviously the talent is there, but this is looking like a lost season for him. Strange thing is that he was terrific last year (when he played) and appeared to be making a leap as a hitter. I suppose these ascensions aren't always linear. 

We'll see what happens in September. Barring an epic collapse, we'll be in the postseason - though it very well could be as a wild card. Bleh. 

• Like 1