Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

9 hours ago, Nivek said:

Like they did for Al Franken and Anthony Weiner right? And Elliot Sptizer?    

You know you have little wiggle room to stand on when you go to the tired and failed 'bothsides!" attempt to deflect.    It is difficult to see the white knight in shiny armor when you have eyes caked with shit.

Spitzer and Weiner aren't comparable.  Spitzer was caught with whores on a wiretap and we are all aware of the Weiner texts. Franken is closer although there was photographic evidence of his boorish behavior and allegations from 10 women.

Kavanaugh denies the allegations and there is no evidence other than the allegation itself.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Spitzer and Weiner aren't comparable.  Spitzer was caught with whores on a wiretap and we are all aware of the Weiner texts. Franken is closer although there was photographic evidence of his boorish behavior and allegations from 10 women.
Kavanaugh denies the allegations and there is no evidence other than the allegation itself.

The point was how the democrats didn’t run to defend the bad actors but instead sought to remove them as prominent members/ or future leaders within the party. So once again the bothsideser fail to grasp reality.

17 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Therapists notes from the 90s about the incident are absolutely evidence. 

• Like 2

I was a “drunken frat boy” back in the day, I’d like to think that I’ve matured in the ensuing 40 years.  
I don’t see how that is a disqualifier. 
Should all of the GDI’s be disqualified because they were “hippie dope smokers” back then?
I don’t think so. 
This Supreme Court thing seems especially stupid to me. 
I’m glad I’m not up for a Supreme Court justice position  I absolutely tried to cop a feel on a gal that wasn’t necessarily into it back in 1976. She pushed my hand away and we left it at that. 
I never would have imagined that could have disqualified me from any kind of a job 40 years in the future.
Obviously times have changed. It is still stupid  

Totally dude. I recall all my attempts to hold down women and cover their mouths so their screaming wouldn’t interrupt my buzz as I tried to fuck them with my buds. Oh wait.... no I don’t.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

She is evil personified

LOL some TV personality to you is evil personified. What a fucking joke. Khamenei and Rouhani are evil personified. She’d be worth watching if she actually played into her role as the evil, conservative Fox News alum hot blonde instead of running from it. She’s like Brett Stephens at the Times. Trying to get pats on the head from her left wing colleagues. Conform or be cast out.

I was a “drunken frat boy” back in the day, I’d like to think that I’ve matured in the ensuing 40 years.  

I don’t see how that is a disqualifier. 

Should all of the GDI’s be disqualified because they were “hippie dope smokers” back then?

I don’t think so. 

This Supreme Court thing seems especially stupid to me. 

I’m glad I’m not up for a Supreme Court justice position  I absolutely tried to cop a feel on a gal that wasn’t necessarily into it back in 1976. She pushed my hand away and we left it at that. 

I never would have imagined that could have disqualified me from any kind of a job 40 years in the future.

Obviously times have changed. It is still stupid  

Put your hand over her mouth, turn the music up loud and have your buddy man the door while you force yourself on her and your ass belongs in jail, period. Pay the fuck attention.

Lie under oath about jizz on a dress you get impeached. This asshole lied about involvement in the politicalization of the court when he was with GW and vetting judicial candidates. It’s arguable that sexual indiscretions (Clinton) are germane to POTUS it’s undebatable that impartiality is paramount to the job of SCOTUS. Both perjured themselves and one about the core job requirement.

Read the fucking 10 commandments y’all demand be hung on every public space from schools to oh I don’t know.... COURT HOUSES?

And, and, and.... the woman apparently talked about the incident with her therapist years ago and those papers may come out. She’s willing to testify and came forward.

You’re god damned right it happened and he’s lucky the statute has run and she was scared of him. PTL for PTSD. Hallelujah!!

Fuck this guy. Franken was sunk and I reluctantly agreed and so should this guy but this one is easy.

No fucking more.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Nivek said:

The point was how the democrats didn’t run to defend the bad actors but instead sought to remove them as prominent members/ or future leaders within the party. So once again the bothsideser fail to grasp reality.

"You are ignoring his point regarding the actual evidence in this case. Franken would still be in the senate but for a photo.  

Just now, alincoln said:

They were from 2012 and do not mention Kavanaugh by name.  At this point, it remains a he said/she said issue raised at the 11th hour. 

Well in that case...it's a horse of a different color, as the guard at Oz once said.

Just now, Anastasis said:

"You are ignoring his point regarding the actual evidence in this case. Franken would still be in the senate but for a photo.  

Franken may have survived the photo.  He was sunk by the subsequent similar allegations of 8 other women.  These additional allegations were also he said/she said issues, which is why I characterized the Franken incident as more similar to the Kavanaugh situation.  If one more women comes forward with allegations against Kavanaugh, he is done.    

• Like 1

Well in that case...it's a horse of a different color, as the guard at Oz once said.

The notes say prominent DC cat... and that gets you well away from a democrat conspiracy. She was sexually assaulted, that’s a known fact now. It was also a prominent DC guy. That’s damn close to game. Set. Match.

It should not take much to sink this guy and I think he should withdraw and hope to god he isn’t impeached in his current position

14 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

I remember being 17,  on second base and frantically rounding for 3rd then suddenly getting the firm “No”.  Action stopped immediately.... it really isn’t that hard (pun intended).

I'd say that's a common thing for most normal guys.  

As sex is supposed to be fun for both parties, why would you force someone to do something you're both supposed to be enjoying with each other ?

• Like 1

Franken may have survived the photo.  He was sunk by the subsequent similar allegations of 8 other women.  These additional allegations were also he said/she said issues, which is why I characterized the Franken incident as more similar to the Kavanaugh situation.  If one more women comes forward with allegations against Kavanaugh, he is done.    

He should be done now on perjury. We shouldn’t even know he’s an attempted rapist.

Just now, alincoln said:

I dont think that you even need another accusation of sexual assault.  I think that one person who attended this party says "he was shitfaced at this party and the girl was also present" and he is done. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

I remember being 17,  on second base and frantically rounding for 3rd then suddenly getting the firm “No”.  Action stopped immediately.... it really isn’t that hard (pun intended).

Me and Louis Higginbotham used to chase around the yard

Back in 1947, that's when more than times were hard

Well silly me I didn't find the line in time, and like a fool

In front of God and everybody I politely blew my cool

Just now, troph said:

The notes say prominent DC cat... and that gets you well away from a democrat conspiracy. She was sexually assaulted, that’s a known fact now. It was also a prominent DC guy. That’s damn close to game. Set. Match.

It should not take much to sink this guy and I think he should withdraw and hope to god he isn’t impeached in his current position

Except that half of the Georgetown Preparatory School graduates are now "highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington."

12 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I’ll eat crow when you stop being a pussy about the meanies on messageboards. 

I’m here bitch. I don’t like seeing others run off or scared to post here. alincoln, greggym and other long time posters getting negged repped for the opinions shows things are not well here. DC is a cesspool. The Democrats know how important the stakes are. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if this was complete bullshit or she misremembered who was on top of her if that really happened. Maybe she thinks she is being a valiant warrior in the “Resistance”. There WAS someone in the room with them. He says it never happened. Flimsy allegation. Let’s see if she has more to say when she testifies. I admit that I’m biased and want Kavanaugh rammed through to have a conservative majority on the court.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

Except that half of the Georgetown Preparatory School graduates are now "highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington."

Two things have to be true here:

1. She was assaulted.
2. It was him.

You’ll be hard pressed to argue against 1. Battle half over.

If he was present at the party and drunk plus her prominent DC type comment coupled with his known lies thus far and you know what? That’s a heaping shit ton of circumstantial evidence.

Sunk.

I’m here bitch. I don’t like seeing others run off or scared to post here. alincoln, greggym and other long time posters getting negged repped for the opinions shows things are not well here. DC is a cesspool. The Democrats know how important the stakes are. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if this was complete bullshit or she misremembered who was on top of her if that really happened. Maybe she thinks she is being a valiant warrior in the “Resistance”. There WAS someone in the room with them. He says it never happened. Flimsy allegation. Let’s see if she has more to say when she testifies. I admit that I’m biased and want Kavanaugh rammed through to have a conservative majority on the court.

Poor choice of words. You are biased and that’s a bigger issue for you and your faith than the courts political leanings. The guy is known liar already.

Pause and go read the red letter print in your bible dude.

Just now, troph said:

Two things have to be true here:

1. She was assaulted.
2. It was him.

You’ll be hard pressed to argue against 1. Battle half over.

If he was present at the party and drunk plus her prominent DC type comment coupled with his known lies thus far and you know what? That’s a heaping shit ton of circumstantial evidence.

Sunk.

I agree with all of this.  Whatever happened at that party, left a mark on her. She recalled the event decades later in counseling with her husband, so it apparently impacted her relationships with men on some level. Something happened. A few decades removed from a traumatic event can surely shape the recall in ways, but something happened. You dont have to corroborate teh assault imo, place Kavanaugh there and its more than enough to conclude outside of a court of law that he assaulted her. 

Just now, SubliminalHorn said:

All iconoclast cares about it getting a conservative on the court. He doesn’t care what kind of pay they have or if they are rapey. He’s said so himself. The most important thing in the whole wide world is getting control of SCOTUS. 

This is where the pragmatic gop team in DC will end up as well.  They don’t personally care about kavanaugh.  If they drop him soon, they still have time to find a replacement before a potential Dem takeover in January. Drag this out, and they may not have time.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

I agree with all of this.  Whatever happened at that party, left a mark on her. She recalled the event decades later in counseling with her husband, so it apparently impacted her relationships with men on some level. Something happened. A few decades removed from a traumatic event can surely shape the recall in ways, but something happened. You dont have to corroborate teh assault imo, place Kavanaugh there and its more than enough to conclude outside of a court of law that he assaulted her. 

Wow.  That is insane.  

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

All of this. But I would say in a court of law for civil liability it may be enough.

It actually meets a “preponderance of the evidence” standard which has civil ramifications, it (probably) does not meet the “beyond all reasonable doubt” standard for criminal implications.

This isn’t a criminal case though.

I think Kavanaugh's denial of the attempted rape would be more credible if he wasn't lying about everything else.

Sanai told The Intercept that at least two federal employees had information to provide the committee about Kavanaugh, including one who spoke directly with Kavanaugh about it. Sanai said that he did not hold Kavanaugh responsible for Kozinski’s behavior, but rather that his claim of ignorance was not credible and could be contradicted by witnesses. Kavanaugh’s credibility has become a central issue in his confirmation, as he has “unequivocally” denied allegations that he sexually assaulted Christine Blasey Ford when both were in high school.

Apart from interviewing witnesses, Sanai also suggested that the Judiciary Committee “subpoena all intra Court emails and messages between Kavanaugh and Kozinski and all emails to and from Kozinski with links to his website.”

https://theintercept.com/2018/09/17/cyrus-sanai-federal-court-employees-attempted-to-come-forward-to-chuck-grassley-and-dianne-feinstein-neither-responded/

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You're gonna have to try much harder.  I get told far worse things than this in the CR most days before I even finish my second cup of coffee. 

That and you know, you're spot on in your analysis.

Girls remember shit.  Detaily shit.  My wife remembers that one time I gave her the nasty side-eye ten years ago.  And they especially remember who threw them down, climbed on top of them and covered their mouth so screams couldn't be heard during their formative years.

Getting told "no" while letting the fingers do the walking up the legs of your high school flame is one thing, but this is completely different.

27 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Wow.  That is insane.  

Anastasis is a reasonable poster, so I’m going to assume someone put bath salts in his morning coffee. Drunk at a high school party and you’re a rapist, these are strange times. Last I heard she can’t even remember the year or location of the supposed assault, call me skeptical. 

Just now, Chrispy said:

Anastasis is a reasonable poster, so I’m going to assume someone put bath salts in his morning coffee. Drunk at a high school party and you’re a rapist, these are strange times. Last I heard she can’t even remember the year or location of the supposed assault, call me skeptical. 

Literally no one is saying this you disingenuous piece of shit.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Is this sort of like the one free dog bite rule?

44 minutes ago, troph said:

I was told no once in high school. She was my steady. I stopped. She said I’m a tease aren’t I? I thought yes but said no. We cuddled and then I went home and touched myself. I was drunk too. That’s what ordinary guys do. Wait....

Serious question; has it been proven now that Kav perjured? Last I read on this board a week or so ago, by smarter people than me (I think it was longhornmatt or brickhorn), people were not sure that he commited perjury. But your comments this morning make me think ive missed something big the last 8 days ive been on the road and not necessarily following this thread/news.

47 minutes ago, troph said:

I was told no once in high school. She was my steady. I stopped. She said I’m a tease aren’t I? I thought yes but said no. We cuddled and then I went home and touched myself. I was drunk too. That’s what ordinary guys do. Wait....

Your stories confuse the hell out of me.  Man, 2018.  What a year!

8 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I mean, if you can't get drunk and take advantage of a girl when you're in high school, what has this world become?

Just now, Chrispy said:

Actually, you’re wrong. A couple posts up Anastasis clearly said that if they can place him at the party, he’s toast. Pop an extra tablespoon of Metamucil and calm down. 

Well, considering he's on the record expressly denying ever being at "the party," if the question is who is telling the truth, he's toast.  Perhaps you might want to consider calming down.

44 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

42 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Wow.  That is insane.  

7 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Anastasis is absolutely correct here.  How is that insane in any way?   This is not a criminal trial this is a lifetime  appointment for the SC.  The burden of proof is not anywhere near as high nor does it require a 12 person unanimous decision.  She is very credible.  He has denied being even at the party.  Another person says he was there and he is ABSOLUTELY not qualified to by appointed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

You know this happened how? 

I'm just responding to your post as a general matter.  You implied that it is okay to take advantage of a girl if you're in high school because you're drunk since that's not rape.

Edited by DDD Dad