Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Lurch said:

A number of places. But here’s a random one

https://www.essence.com/news/brett-kavanaugh-accuser-christine-blasey-ford-comes-forward-to-tell-her-own-story/

“The notes from the therapist claims that four boys were involved, but Ford says that was an error by the therapist, saying that there were four boys at the party.”

Perhaps there were other girls too? Not totally clear in this article

Sounds like a sausage "party".  I haven't seen anything that suggests that she was the only girl there. 

5 minutes ago, Lurch said:

A number of places. But here’s a random one

https://www.essence.com/news/brett-kavanaugh-accuser-christine-blasey-ford-comes-forward-to-tell-her-own-story/

“The notes from the therapist claims that four boys were involved, but Ford says that was an error by the therapist, saying that there were four boys at the party.”

Perhaps there were other girls too? Not totally clear in this article

Edit** this version does say 4 boys at party** mea culpa.   I have seen this reporting, this is the same article that every outlet has copied and pasted.

Seems to me there would be someone else to corroborate, at the very least that they were in the same place at the same time.  There is no acknowledgement of what kind of association they had during this time frame.

Edited by Incredulity
my mistake

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

He can withdraw without admitting wrongdoing. You know, "do what's best for the country blah blah blah".

exactly.  Miers withdrew because of the official reason that they didn't want the fight of releasing her documents from her time as WH counsel.  The real reason was is that no one thought she was qualified outside of her and GWB.

5 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

By jumping on top of Kavanaugh? That’s weird. 

Jesus - just stop.  From WaPO:

She alleges that Kavanaugh — who played football and basketball at Georgetown Prep — held her down with the weight of his body and fumbled with her clothes, seemingly hindered by his intoxication. Judge stood across the room, she said, and both boys were laughing “maniacally.” She said she yelled, hoping that someone downstairs would hear her over the music, and Kavanaugh clapped his hand over her mouth to silence her.

At one point, she said, Judge jumped on top of them, and she tried unsuccessfully to wriggle free. Then Judge jumped on them again, toppling them, and she broke away, she said.

Definitely sounds like the hero here.  Oh, and love this gem about our hero:

Judge is a filmmaker and author who has written for the Daily Callerthe Weekly Standard and The Post. He chronicled his recovery from alcoholism in “Wasted: Tales of a Gen-X Drunk,” which described his own blackout drinking and a culture of partying among students at his high school, renamed in the book “Loyola Prep.” Kavanaugh is not mentioned in the book, but a passage about partying at the beach one summer makes glancing reference to a “Bart O’Kavanaugh,” who “puked in someone’s car the other night” and “passed out on his way back from a party.”

WaPo Story

How many people were at this get together?  One of the other attendees should be able to confirm the circumstances and give insight into whether anything was said afterwards, or seemed particularly out of sorts.  Even just confirming that Kavanaugh was there and was plastered should be sufficient corroboration. 

Easy enough, except for the fact that she is not even sure what year it occurred.

By jumping on top of Kavanaugh? That’s weird. 

“Ford said she was able to escape when Kavanaugh’s friend and classmate at Georgetown Preparatory School, Mark Judge, jumped on top of them, sending all three tumbling.”

But perhaps your method of intervention between a 17 year old forcing himself on a 15 year old is different than mine.

2 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I would love to hear the background on how they got testimony from 60+ females classmates within a few hours of this story breaking.  Not proof of anything, but that HIGHLY suggests that they knew there was shit in the closet.

What?  Doesn't everyone carry around a  60 person list of signatures from 30+ years ago?   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lurch said:

“Ford said she was able to escape when Kavanaugh’s friend and classmate at Georgetown Preparatory School, Mark Judge, jumped on top of them, sending all three tumbling.”

But perhaps your method of intervention between a 17 year old forcing himself on a 15 year old is different than mine.

No idea, haven’t put much thought into it before. But going WWE seems pretty dumb. 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I can totally see this going to civil war and I can definitely imagine dying for the right side, which you ain't on

This is a total derail. But I’m genuinely curious how many other people who Ive always considered to be perfectly normal and rational share this sentiment. I read that and every bit of it strikes me as completely insane. But maybe I’m the one who doesn’t have a handle on how people are feeling.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

DC Insider buddy has a conspiracy theory....Kavanaugh was a feint all along, and Trump will withdraw him and replace him with a woman. An Eva Braun type, meaning a Nazi. 

That's crazy.  Kavanaugh was a done deal days from confirmation.   And still might be.   Too many moving parts for a plan to have all of this develop like it has. 

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

That's crazy.  Kavanaugh was a done deal days from confirmation.   And still might be.   Too many moving parts for a plan to have all of this develop like it has. 

He thinks the fact that they were about to trot out the binder full of "Kavanaugh didn't rape me" women in 24 hours is deeply suspicious. 

• Like 1

He thinks the fact that they were about to trot out the binder full of "Kavanaugh didn't rape me" women in 24 hours is deeply suspicious. 

So do I, although I don’t subscribe to a theory that this was just a diversion.

It is very odd that they had some letter from 65 women ready to go within a day or so. It’s almost like they expected this. 

Even if they had planned a response for that contingency, how could they have been banking on her coming forward?  That said, there was an article explaining the letter of support that seemed legit.   A couple of women emailed the alumni list or whatever, after the initial rumors leaked, and got a bunch of other women to sign on.   Not implausible in the internet era. 

Just now, JimmyJames said:

So do I, although I don’t subscribe to a theory that this was just a diversion.

It is very odd that they had some letter from 65 women ready to go within a day or so. It’s almost like they expected this. 

Feinstein has had the letter since mid summer. It's not particularly shocking that they would have got a whiff of the existence of the allegation in advance. 

I don’t think the Democrats really think they can stop this (or really care), but they know it’s gonna play really well for the midterms and 2020. The Republicans are playing right into the binder-totin’ women-hatin’ image. If they’re smart they’ll scuttle Kavanaugh.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Feinstein has had the letter since mid summer. It's not particularly shocking that they would have got a whiff of the existence of the allegation in advance. 

Ford also contacted the WaPo through a tip line in early July when Kav was on a short list before the nomination occurred.