Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

I hear team Ford is sitting on explosive new evidence. Previously unreleased photos have emerged of Brett and his fascination with titties. 

His mom’s Facebook account was hacked and it contained photos of a young Brett latched on by the teeth to a nipple while “feeding” (savage) in public. 

We can see even before the age of 3, Brett was attacking Dem titties.  It clearly helped form the monster he has become today. 

New shit has come to light man. 

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Please explain your comment "I don’t give a shit whether the purpose is to truly gather information."  I followed the chain, and see nothing to refute that what you posted isn't what you meant.  As I understand it, in a confirmation hearing that's precisely what they're intended to do.  I get the sense from many that they're only to be used as a way to sabotage a conformation, and that they have not a single problem with that.

I'd love to be able to make a decision about what I think is the accurate account of the incident, and whether it really happened. The jump for or against this guy falls along hard party lines, which means jack shit where actual truth is involved.

The debate was “is this a trial” which it is not. The “I don’t give a shit” line means I don’t care about his argument of whether or not they are trying to gather information, or if they are just trying to tear someone down, or anything else that has nothing to do with the original debate. He attempted to change the argument from “is this a trial” to “is this a political show”. The context of my reply is that I don’t care if it’s a political show IN THIS DISCUSSION because it has nothing to do with the argument at hand.

• Like 1

I hear team Ford is sitting on explosive new evidence. Previously unreleased photos have emerged of Brett and his fascination with titties. 
His mom’s Facebook account was hacked and it contained photos of a young Brett latched on by the teeth to a nipple while “feeding” (savage) in public. 
We can see even before the age of 3, Brett was attacking Dem titties.  It clearly helped form the monster he has become today. 
New shit has come to light man. 

Serious question, politics aside, do you this is funny?
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

36 years. 

Q: Mr Kav. Did you grab a boob during a party either 34,35, or 36 years ago ?

A : No

Q: Mr Kav, have you ever grabbed a boob in the state of Maryland?

A:No

no further questions for this witness. 

If you can’t see this for the complete sham this is you need to take a hard look in the mirror. Vote now. 

The party of racism, hate and deception shouldn’t be allowed to hold the country hostage with lies. Dr Ford should file a police report and then run a go fund me to defend her defamation lawsuit. Then Sen Fein should be called before Congress and asked to resign for Treason. 

You would totally suck as a prosecutor. 

Fineswine still refuses to release Ford's unredacted letter:

Senator John Cornyn tweeted about it:

More gamesmanship: after sitting on Dr. Ford's letter of July 30th, it was leaked after Kavanaugh hearing had concluded. Senator Feinstein, the ranking D, still refuses to release to the Judiciary Committee the original, unredacted letter so it contents may be investigated.

— Senator John Cornyn (@JohnCornyn) September 20, 2018

She is never going to testify.  She won't say that though. She's gonna make Grassley say no.  She will wait until 10 tonight and say she will testify if only they can move it to Friday... or some other thing Grassley will have to refuse. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

behind?

We've got Donald Trump as president, we're ramming through a guy who lied under oath and is credibly accused of sexual assault to a lifetime appointment on the SC, and you see Dems packing the court as the beginning of a death spiral that is ahead of us.

The nation as it currently is constituted is in the midst of the death spiral. Dems packing the court would not be a continuation of the death spiral, but an attempt to pull out of it. Of course you have no values or ethics so you can't see the difference between correcting a wrong and the wrong itself. The maintenance of norms in the midst of the death spiral is what you think will save the nation.

And you're likely also someone who thinks the nation as it is can never change and that we are uniquely exempt from human history's patterns.

Regardless, you're pathetic.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

...you see Dems packing the court as the beginning of a death spiral that is ahead of us.

Link please?  I wonder if you ever get tired of misrepresenting others. I have been pretty clear for some time, we are already well inside the political death spiral. I think that it started decades ago. I have used the formation that the spirals are "tightening".  "Full ahead" is intended the same spirit.  

Dems packing the court would not be a continuation of the death spiral, but an attempt to pull out of it.

The Dems packing the court to effect liberal political aims that could not be achieved in the setting of a conservative leaning court is going to pull us decisively out and away from the divisiveness that fuels our political dysfunction?  OK.

Thats-A-Bold-Strategy-Meme.gif?ssl=1

And you're likely also someone who thinks the nation as it is can never change and that we are uniquely exempt from human history's patterns.

LOL. Oh far from it.  Human history patterns suggest to me a number of things, none of which are that nations never change, nor that we are somehow uniquely exempt from the ultimate fate of all empires.    

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Crusher said:

I mean it was Yale... I'm sure there are other folks currently serving in the Government? 

No doubt.  Surely there are dozens of titters and clitters in our government.  Why would  that matter?

Some were probably elected and possibly up for voter scrutiny next time around.  The rest were appointed or just simply hired.  In this particular case, we are talking about a lifetime appointment to what is arguably one of the nine most important positions in our government.  We can (and should) use whatever information we obtain to determine Kavanaugh's suitability for that job.

The fact that you and others CONTINUE to struggle with the concept that this is not a trial, and that it's not an election, but rather it's a JOB INTERVIEW would ordinarily be simply mind-boggling in its revelation of your utterly sweeping ignorance, but I suspect you know all of this to be true, and in reality, you're just a spineless partisan hack who cares more about overturning established law and undermining America's future than you care about what is right.  That said, you are more than welcome to white knight every titter and clitter you can find in Washington DC.  Go with God.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

36 years. 

Q: Mr Kav. Did you grab a boob during a party either 34,35, or 36 years ago ?

A : No

Q: Mr Kav, have you ever grabbed a boob in the state of Maryland?

A:No

no further questions for this witness. 

If you can’t see this for the complete sham this is you need to take a hard look in the mirror. Vote now. 

The party of racism, hate and deception shouldn’t be allowed to hold the country hostage with lies. Dr Ford should file a police report and then run a go fund me to defend her defamation lawsuit. Then Sen Fein should be called before Congress and asked to resign for Treason. 

Did you get sand in your vag this morning?

9 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Then stop posting shit that makes people laugh at your posts, like trying to make some bizarre comparison between the Kavanaugh case, Bill Clinton and T. Jefferson or T. Kennedy.

I was not the one to ButSlickWillie this thread, and I could see it was already heading toward Chappaquiddick so I just took us there on my own, saving whoever it was who brought up Clinton in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I was not the one to ButSlickWillie this thread, and I could see it was already heading toward Chappaquiddick so I just took us there on my own, saving whoever it was who brought up Clinton in the first place. 

Jesus Christ, he's been on the democrat stage right up until his wife lost in 2016. He's considered a hero in the democrat party still, regardless of the charges against levied him over the years.   His wife, the woman who just ran, helped coordinate the attacks on the women he who made the charges. She just ran for president of the United States.

It's completely relevant to the current discussion of parties circling the wagons for their own against these kinds of charges (Conyers and Franken are still a new direction for the democrats, their past speaks otherwise). 

8 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Jesus Christ, he's been on the democrat stage right up until his wife lost in 2016. He's considered a hero in the democrat party still, regardless of the charges against levied him over the years.   His wife, the woman who just ran, helped coordinate the attacks on the women he who made the charges. She just ran for president of the United States.

It's completely relevant to the current discussion of parties circling the wagons for their own against these kinds of charges (Conyers and Franken are still a new direction for the democrats, their past speaks otherwise). 

But I thought you said linking Kavanaugh to Clinton was bizarre? 

Anastasis with the Trumpian, "Don't read my words literally, think about their spirit." tactic in defending his both-sides bullshit.

The Dems packing the court to effect liberal political aims that could not be achieved in the setting of a conservative leaning court is going to pull us decisively out and away from the divisiveness that fuels our political dysfunction?

No, of course not.

The hearts of those who have given in to Trumpian/McConnellian politics cannot be won back by anything done by libs. The libs can play perfectly by the rules, as they did constantly under Obama, and the hateful right wing will still be itself. The history is right in front of your fatuous, obtuse face.

Packing the court is not about winning high-minded battles between centrist morons, it's about protecting the rights of American citizens against the fascist spread. It's about protecting a woman's right to choose and the citizen's right to control elections over corporations and the fundamental dignity of humans in prison or those crossing borders. Again, you have no values or ethics so you have no idea what I'm talking about or why anything matters beyond the theater of DC norms.

Do you sincerely believe that the GOP base will become good people who participate in good faith if the Dems win in 2018 and 2020 and play by the rules with ethics like the 8 years of Obama?

Just like I asked you to name names of Senators earlier in the thread, you're going to dodge. Because you know you're full of shit.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

But I thought you said linking Kavanaugh to Clinton was bizarre? 

If I did I don't remember the context of that statement, and will agree I said it or clarify what I meant. Pointing out the history of the Clintons, and the democrats isn't linking them together IMO, it's strictly a historical reference as it pertains to who believes who.

Bottom line both sides have/are been guilty of it, and to act like the democrats are the knight in shining armor is BS.  If her testimony is credible, has merit, and he can't respond with something that assuages my concerns I'd say he needs to be disqualified. My opinion of SCOTUS is they must be above any and all credible hints of impropriety.

The real concerns democrats have had is Kavanaugh is going to be Trumps lap dog. That's enough of a reason to not confirm him IMO if it's true.  While I really really want a conservative SCOTUS I don't want it at the expense of the rule of law or partisanship politics.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

Anastasis with the Trumpian, "Don't read my words literally, think about their spirit." tactic in defending his both-sides bullshit.

You confuse your ignorance of the meaning of words, such as "full ahead", with me telling you to not to read my words and take them for their actual meaning. Well done. Do you ever tire of totally clowning yourself.  Maybe you can do the one again where you tell us all about Anthony Kennedy's elitist ties to JFK. 

an-engine-order-telegraph-or-eot-often-a

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

My opinion is that Kavanaugh does not possess the moral and ethical backbone we should demand of our SCOTUS justices.  That alone should be the first bar to clear.  The fact that I abhor his views on many aspects of settled law, as well as his obvious predilection to be Trump's protective toady on the court, is further reason for me to not wanting him to be seated, but if you think that I would push back against a qualified candidate with a clean record who has different views than I on the Constitution and settled law, you should reset yourself.  It is perfectly reasonable to scour a potential SCOTUS justice's background and if we find something . . . like, say, multiple counts of perjury, or alleged sexual assault, then fuck you for saying it's all politics.  No it isn't.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

I REALLY hope she testifies, but I don't think she will.

I hope she testifies too but it really doesn’t matter at this point.

I’m sure there is a squadron of investigative journalists looking at this incident and other Kavanaugh shit from his high school and college days right now.

She doesn’t need to testify in the ambush atmosphere the republicans are setting up for her.

She can go on TV instead and tell her story to the American people. 

Yep, this all day. Roe vs. Wade is the hypothetical battleground 

What continues to amaze me is how sideways the abortion debate has returned everything else.

Literally nothing else matters. We’re okay with kiddie jails, relentless lying, gutting the rule of law, the most naked corruption on a national level that anyone alive has ever seen, etc etc forever....but if the guy who does all that is “pro life,” well then, we’re good.

Part of me wishes that roe v wade would be completely reversed - I mean COMPLETELY - abortion is 100% banned. Just so I could see what would become of the GOP once they no longer have that excuse.

What a broken fucking system. And it’s going to get 100X worse before it gets any better.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dOUblewide said:

I agree on that part. Where you and I disagree is the best way to get to the bottom of this. 

She has accused him of a serious crime....one that could result in prison if convicted. 

I just think the MD LE is better suited to "get to the bottom of this" than a committee of politicians.  

Negged for willful obfuscation. The FBI aspect has been thoroughly explained.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What continues to amaze me is how sideways the abortion debate has returned everything else.

Literally nothing else matters. We’re okay with kiddie jails, relentless lying, gutting the rule of law, the most naked corruption on a national level that anyone alive has ever seen, etc etc forever....but if the guy who does all that is “pro life,” well then, we’re good.

Part of me wishes that roe v wade would be completely reversed - I mean COMPLETELY - abortion is 100% banned. Just so I could see what would become of the GOP once they no longer have that excuse.

What a broken fucking system. And it’s going to get 100X worse before it gets any better.

Why did you avoid my simple question?  An honest person would admit when they falsely accuse someone of lying.   

I wish Republicans could see themselves from a nonpartisan lens right now.  Maybe 20 years from now they will be able to reflect back on this time and realize they were completely lost morally. 

We’re really going to put a credibly accused sex offender and blatant liar on the Supreme Court?  And conservatives are okay with this?  Why are we doing this again?  How exactly does this move us to a more perfect union?  

How do I explain this to the kids? 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

5 hours ago, dOUblewide said:

The FBI was not looking at it as a criminal matter.  

Ever stop and wonder why all the energy is being spent towards slowing the nomination rather than seeking justice for this potential crime? 

Negged for lying. Had the accuser's request for the FBI investigation been ordered by the White House, a common procedure,  there would be no delay. They'd be done. Energy seems to be focused on discrediting her and avoiding doing anything to verify or disprove the accusation.

Done with you.

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Maybe because Kavanaugh is remarkably unfit to serve on the Supreme Court? 

This is a job interview and Kavanaugh isn’t performing well.

I’m fine with a conservative judge sitting on the Supreme Court but this guy is a turd.  Find another person that isn’t a fucking douchebag.

First 40 seconds in front of the American people was a straight up lie.

A coven of insufferable liars, thieves, and dicks. This is like Bonnie and Clyde congratulating each other on being model citizens.

Put them in a cage and drop them in the sea after tattooing their criminal convictions on their faces.

I need to get out the Thesaurus and turn to the word vile.

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Negged for lying. Had the accuser's request for the FBI investigation been ordered by the White House, a common procedure,  there would be no delay. They'd be done. Energy seems to be focused on discrediting her and avoiding doing anything to verify or disprove the accusation.

Done with you.

Fair enough...but can you list the number of times the White House has ordered the FBI to investigate an alleged sexual assault where a police report/record does not already exist? 

I mean...if its a common procedure. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, dOUblewide said:

Fair enough...but can you list the number of times the White House has ordered the FBI to investigate an alleged sexual assault where a police report/record does not already exist? 

I mean...if its a common procedure. 

Other than, I don't know, Anita Hill?

This really isnt that hard.  It takes a couple days.  FBI goes and talks to Ford.  She recounts her story. Assuming it doesnt stray from the public accounts, she can only name Kavanaugh and DB Cauveaux as individuals who were at the party. FBI goes and talks to DBC. He denies her account. Goes and talks to Kavanaugh. Denies her account. FBI wraps up the investigation.  If someone else shakes out to interview in the process. They do that. It's done. Basically same end result as with Hill.