Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

We have her story, we have her witnesses, and she wrote a statement.

Wish we had more time but time would be better spent going after those witnesses. 

1.  Get the claimants statement - done.

2. Get the perpetrators statement - to me that doesn't seem like it has been done -- nobody has cross examined him hard, it seems.

3. Talk to 3rd parties, including Squi.

We've done B- work on part 1.  Time to move on with the deadlines we have.

Edited by tantric superman

If the report shows no criminally actionable items but does prove Kavanaugh to be a liar, I don't know how much of that I need to see. I want to see it, but I'm not comfortable picking through the details of another person's life.

If the report shows him to be a liar, a perjurer, he should have to resign the judgeship he holds as well. The GOPs will take care of him, so money won't be a problem. He can be the martyred speaker at countless events.

I don't know that I'd go after him for perjury in the hearings if he loses both positions. His public destruction is deterrent enough in the unlikely event that we get another lying sack of shit nominated for the SC.  

On the other hand, I just thought of Dr. Ford. A part of me would relish the sight of Bart O'Kavanaugh in handcuffs weeping his heart out. Let him experience a blast of fear and the horror of helplessness. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Not quite sure where you are going with the "amusing that popular figures don't just do drugs" angle. Plenty of popular figures not only do drugs, but are all out junkies. If you think I'm somehow letting Kavanaugh off the hook, you're way off the mark.

Teens and young adults can usually be classified as experimenting because they are in the process of deciding how they are going to continue to use in the future. The vast majority of high school and college students use to excess and in the end decide whether they will continue to use to excess in the future, cut back, or stop altogether. Sounds like Kavanaugh decided, through his experimentation, to be a drunk prick. Those drunk chickens are coming home to roost and I hope that it disqualifies him from the position.

I'm just amused by the term as it is used in documentaries and such. I don't mean to slam you or your intent. In fact, I see we are in agreement.

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't know that I'd go after him for perjury in the hearings if he loses both positions. His public destruction is deterrent enough in the unlikely event that we get another lying sack of shit nominated for the SC.  

Throw him in jail and throw away the key. Fuck giving the "ruling" class breaks. These bitches need to fear for their lives. Every single one of them. POTUS, Reps, Senators...shit even the staffers. These people should be guided in their actions by the day to day fear of being guillotined in the public square.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here and cut me some slack, but under this same logic, if a girl is raped by a guy and that same girl at some point in her life also has consensual sex with a different guy, then we should logically conclude that the rape was never possible because of said girls willingness to have consensual sex at another point in her life? 

Swetnick's sexual preferences have fuck all to do with her witnessing others getting intoxicated by drugs or other things against their will and sexually assaulted. And if she likes to have sex with more than one man, that doesn't mean she wants to be drugged and raped against her will. 

• Like 1

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I have three young kids and I have to hide them from the news.  I blame Trump for mainstreaming unmentionables.  Good grief.

You know it's fucked up when you can't even listen to NPR in the car driving your boy to day care in the morning. 

I don't know if he did or didn't grope her, but her testimony was compelling. Kavanaugh's response was bad, really bad. He came off as the rich, spoiled kid that didn't get what he wants and is incensed that he was denied. I believe he has lied and will lie again. He doesn't have the character to sit on the SCOTUS.

From WSJ:

FBI Probe of Kavanaugh Is Expected to Wrap Up Very Soon

People familiar with the process said Tuesday that the FBI investigation into the allegations of sexual misconduct against Judge Kavanaugh could wrap up very soon, well ahead of the end-of week deadline.

GOP aides on the Hill and another person familiar with the process said they were expecting the bureau to conclude its report as soon as late Tuesday or early Wednesday. Agents had interviewed at least four key people as of Tuesday in its background investigation of Judge Kavanaugh. The White House had given the bureau until Friday to wrap up the probe.

4 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

does anyone here, who is a drinker at all, not blacked out?

I never have had any time gaps where I remember nothing (friends referred to this as time traveling). I've certainly had the "hey remember when x happened last night?" question and that event popped back in my mind without specifically remembering before.

17 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You know it's fucked up when you can't even listen to NPR in the car driving your boy to day care in the morning. 

That happened about a year ago.  From the back seat I got, "Daddy, why do some people shoot kids at schools?"  Crushing.

39 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s good old slut shaming.

Why, she's nothing but a whore.

150212_orrin_hatch_chuck_grassley_ap_629

5bad51d264d74.image.jpg?resize=1200,811

In a lengthy, often-shouted statement, Graham declared that Democrats wanted to “destroy this guy’s life” and put him through “hell,” called Kavanaugh’s treatment “crap,” dubbed the hearing “the most unethical sham since I’ve been in politics,” and said Republicans who vote no would be “legitimizing the most despicable thing I have seen.”

I don't get it. Is he coming forward because she told him she likes sex with multiple men and that means she wasn't raped? Or even if she was raped, it's ok because she liked it?
Other alleged victims better not come forward or they'll be slut shamed and have embarrassing information about then released to the world
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Kavanaugh's supporters are correctly saying that it seems impossible to determine if Kavanaugh blacked out ever.   but we see statements supporting him like from his college buddy, Chris Dudley who stated he never saw Kavanaugh black out.    the right seems to be dismissing statement where people are saying they saw/know Kavanaugh black out but they're not refuting Dudley saying he never saw it.  Can't have it both ways.

I also think some people are saying that "blacked out" is some rare event for heavy drinkers.  If you're very drunk, I guarantee you don't recall everything that happened the next morning.  I've heard my friends in the past make the comment that they can't recall going to bed, and I know I've said the same.   If there is a point you don't recall the end of the night and have to be told what happened, you blacked out.   I find it hard to believe that any heavy drinking college aged person doesn't at least get to that point several times.  

Does anyone here, who drank in college, claim that they've never blacked out from drinking?

If drinking to excess is now an issue in Washington D.C.  why don't we make everyone in Congress take Breathalyzer tests when they come back from their daily three martini lunches with lobbyists, donors and the rest of the pond scum they associate with?  Let me get this straight, the same Democratic party that lionized Ted Kennedy for almost fifty years now has a problem with excess drinking?  If it looks like politics, sounds like politics, smells like politics and squishes when you step in it like politics, it's politics. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

^^

DoiYYpcXkAAUY42?format=jpg&name=medium

DoiYdAAXkAEOgmy?format=jpg&name=medium

Just now, EMAWesome said:

If drinking to excess is now an issue in Washington D.C.  why don't we make everyone in Congress take Breathalyzer tests when they come back from their daily three martini lunches with lobbyists, donors and the rest of the pond scum they associate with?  Let me get this straight, the same Democratic party that lionized Ted Kennedy for almost fifty years now has a problem with excess drinking?  If it looks like politics, sounds like politics, smells like politics and squishes when you step in it like politics, it's politics. 

You are so so dumb. 

yeah, they don’t want him on the court because he drank. Yeah, that’s the ticket. 

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Negged for obfuscation. The issue isn't drinking, and you know it.

If the board allowed, I'd only give you half a neg because it's ironic you making a comment about political hacks right before this. Don't get much irony from the GOPs unless it's unintentional as your post is.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

SInce there is no least surprising thing about this whole thing thread I will put this here.https://www.foxnews.com/politics/anti-kavanaugh-protesters-accosting-senators-have-ties-to-soros

When Sen. Jeff Flake was accosted by two women in an elevator on Capitol Hill, it was seen as one of the most striking moments of last week’s Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court nomination battle.

In the morning, Flake put out a statement indicating his support for Kavanaugh, but following the elevator incident, he made a dramatic call in the committee room for a one week delay so an FBI investigation could investigate sexual abuse allegations against the nominee.

Flake admitted afterwards that the elevator moment “certainly struck a chord” with him.

Just three days later, three women harassed Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell as he walked through the terminal at Reagan National Airport.

“How many stories of sexual violence do you need to hear in order to believe woman,” one of the woman asked McConnell during Monday's incident. Video shows McConnell looking straight ahead.

Seemingly organic, powerful protests. But in both instances, the women involved came from a nonprofit called Center for Popular Democracy that has received funding from liberal billionaire George Soros, records show.

Ana Maria Archila, who confronted Flake is the group’s co-executive director.

Tracey Corder, who according to reports, confronted McConnell, is the group’s racial justice campaign director.

Corder also confronted another Republican senator, Bob Corker of Tennessee at the airport Monday.

“I know this is enjoyable to y’all,” Corker said, according to The Huffington Post. “Thank you so much. I appreciate it.”

The news outlet and other media reported that video showed Sen. David Perdue, R-Ga., being confronted at Reagan by three women, including Center for Popular Democracy co-executive director Jennifer Epps-Addison.

Soros donated $1.5 million to Center for Popular Democracy in 2016 and 2017 through his philanthropy organization Open Society Foundations, the records show.

He also donated in the past two years another $1.2 million to the nonprofit’s sister organization Center for Popular Democracy Action, which helped organize protests at the Kavanaugh hearings in early September that resulted in more than 200 arrests.

Soros also has ties to a liberal group running anti-Kavanuagh TV ads focused on his accuser Christine Blasey Ford’s allegations. Demand Justice is funded by a nonprofit Sixteen Thirst Fund that has received more than $730,000 from the Soros foundation in 2016 and 2017.

Video of McConnell being confronted was posted on Twitter after being shot by Ady Barkan, a Center for Popular Democracy staffer.

Both Soros' Open Society Foundations and the Center for Popular Democracy did not return a Fox News request for comment.

Republican National Committee spokesperson Kayleigh McEnany told “Fox & Friends” Tuesday that the protests won’t intimidate McConnell.

"He is subject to these kind of protests -- these crazy protests -- all the time on immigration and other issues," McEnany said. "As he said with the immigration protests, this is not about persuasion, this is about intimidation.”

Last week another Senate Republican, Ted Cruz of Texas was forced to flee a Washington restaurant Monday night in a scene caught on video.

One of the groups claiming credit for chasing Cruz was the Antifa group Smash Rascism DC. to have Those protesters appeared to have no connection to Soros. Reports show members of a union and three other groups took part. None have been linked to Soros.

The activists say they will continue to confront Republican lawmakers as the FBI investigates accusations of sexual misconduct by Kavanaugh when he attended a prep school and Yale.

Kavanaugh denies the allegations and has accused Democrats of trying to destroy him.

Archila and the other woman who stopped Flake pleaded with him not to support Kavanaugh’s nomination, describing their own experiences as sexual assault victims.

On Monday, Flake told a conference in Boston that the incident was a factor in his request for an FBI probe before a full Senate vote on Kavanaugh.

“That experience, as well as a lot of others,” Flake said. “I got calls and emails and texts from women I never thought I’d hear from in this regard saying: ‘Here’s what happened to me when I was young, here’s what happened to me 30 years ago.’”

• Fuck You 4

Good for George Soros!

Good for those women confronting those senators!

Too bad you can't convince anyone outside of your circle jerk that this is de facto evil. Merely invoking the magic words Clinton (as Kavanaugh did) or Soros (as you and FOX do) doesn't create tempests of ignorance hate like they used to.

Only the circle cares. Hang on tight.

6 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

By the way, I think a significant tell on Kavanaugh knowing what he did to Dr. Ford is his reaction to the gang bang allegations, which actually showed the kind of total surprise I would have expected in his response to Dr. Ford had he been telling the truth about what he did to her.   It was like "I didn't sexual assault Dr. Ford.   But I swear I really didn't do that gang bang stuff, that is totally insane, wtf I would never do that!"

That was my take too and I mentioned it during the hearing. He knows he has this incident with Dr. Ford in his past that he has to deal with and he's dealing with it in the way that people in politics deal with that sort of thing. But the gang bang thing? That's just coming from out of nowhere.