Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, lots of red flags there.

I'm thinking Bart was speaking to an audience of one with that.

And that audience of one told Mitch to get his fucking shine box or he's out $200,000 a year.

failed to mention his wife's employment.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Well you don’t have any non-evidence 

Hugo, got to admit I do like your style, always have. Don't think I have ever agreed with you on this forum, but you are always you. No, this guy has no evidence of these allegations, he is just angry. It is pretty simple, the left is never going to support a Trump nominee for the SC, they are not, I would always be suspect of a Democratic nominee, especially since their nominees are always true to their convictions, not so much for my side.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Forgot about Donnelly. One of three Democrats who voted for Gorsuch.  

well, you didn't forget just about donnelly, you said JUST LIKE NONE OF THOSE DICKHEADS VOTED FOR GORSUCH.

except donnelly, manchin, and heitkamp. 

and likely they would have done the same here, if your guy didn't nominate a guy with a fucked up past.

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

well, you didn't forget just about donnelly, you said JUST LIKE NONE OF THOSE DICKHEADS VOTED FOR GORSUCH.

except donnelly, manchin, and heitkamp. 

and likely they would have done the same here, if your guy didn't nominate a guy with a fucked up past.

Manchin and Heitkamp were on the committee?

Edited by Johnny Sack

1 of 10 Democrats on the committee voted for Gorsuch. 

3 of 48 of Democrats voted for him on the confirmation vote.  

They were never interested in doing anything but obstruction of any Trump nominee. 

So they should shut the fuck up about asking for more info.  They aren’t voting for him regardless 

Edited by Johnny Sack

I recall only a handful of hs parties.  Not that I was blackout drunk but they were decades ago.  Even the ones I recall, I don’t know for certain if I could place the time.  If it was at a friends house, I can recall the location.  There are a few memories that I have zero recollection of who’s house it was.

even some memorable events I can only guess what year it was.  Like when I discovered a car that had just flipped over, and it was a good friend of mine.  I would place that in a 2-3 year range.  Some point between from my sophomore year to just after graduating.  Not exactly pinpointing the exact date.

when I graduated I know all 120 of my class.  I recently saw a pic of the graduating program, I had forgotten at least half.  I’m younger than kavanaugh and ford.   

Ford seems to be clear on her memory which makes sense as it was traumatic to her.  That makes sense to me.    But would others recall perhaps a unremarkable weekday summer party?  Seems unlikely to me.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

They were never interested in doing anything but obstruction of any Trump nominee. 

So they should shut the fuck up about asking for more info.  They aren’t voting for him regardless 

And Mitch McConnell should shut the fuck up about any delay tactics.

For obvious reasons.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

point taken about your stipulating committee, not the whole body. 

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

LOL, at Cory Booker questioning him in a respectful manner any of the time, never mind the whole time.  How many times did Booker cut him off after he heard what he wanted to hear from Kavanaugh but before Kavanaugh could finish his answer?  When was the last time you went to a job interview and the person interviewing you cut you off before you could finish answering a question?

When was the last time you had a job interview where the interviewer had only 5 minutes to ask questions and your objective was to filibuster the time by naming your old basketball teamates and repeating irrelevant statements  over and over.  Cutting off BK with his bullshit non-answer answers was very much justified.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

JFC are Republicans the party of whiners.  Gorsuch is sitting on the Supreme Court right now.  But waah waah waah, he didn't get on with enough votes. Meanwhile, the GOP controls the Senate and could confirm Kavanaugh with zero dem votes.  But waah, it's the dems fault.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

When was the last time you had a job interview where the interviewer had only 5 minutes to ask questions and your objective was to filibuster the time by naming your old basketball teamates and repeating irrelevant statements  over and over.  Cutting off BK with his bullshit non-answer answers was very much justified.

Have you ever had a job interview at all?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

JFC are Republicans the party of whiners.  Gorsuch is sitting on the Supreme Court right now.  But waah waah waah, he didn't get on with enough votes. Meanwhile, the GOP controls the Senate and could confirm Kavanaugh with zero dem votes.  But waah, it's the dems fault.

No complaints here, you are exactly correct. Republicans have nobody else to blame.

• Fuck You 1

Kyle Griffin: Joe Manchin says if the FBI discovers Kavanaugh has lied about anything, "that finishes everything." "If they can corroborate and there's lying I think everyone's said that. Democrats, Republicans, even the president. So I don't think that’s a question."

Given the NYT busting out today with the goods on what a lifelong cheating criminal fraud Trump is, it will be interesting so see what happens next when Brett gets forked.  Midterms in 35 days.  There's a shitload of stories and perp walks ready to break loose at any time.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Unfortunately for you, we still live in a constitutional republic, and the senators in the minority will continue to represent their 150+ million constituents. 

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It keeps her out of his hairs during the day.

Since you're here, why is Mitch willing to risk GOP losses in 2018 and 2020?

The Supreme Court being the hot topic is the one issue to unite never trumpers and trumpers.  Cocaine Mitch knows this.  

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

Kyle Griffin: Joe Manchin says if the FBI discovers Kavanaugh has lied about anything, "that finishes everything." "If they can corroborate and there's lying I think everyone's said that. Democrats, Republicans, even the president. So I don't think that’s a question."

Given the NYT busting out today with the goods on what a lifelong cheating criminal fraud Trump is, it will be interesting so see what happens next when Brett gets forked.  Midterms in 35 days.  There's a shitload of stories and perp walks ready to break loose at any time.  

They should forward their findings to the IRS. 

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Do we the public not have the right to know?

9 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

You think Kavanaugh just had that one day of hearings where Democrats just had 50 minutes to question him?

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The Supreme Court being the hot topic is the one issue to unite never trumpers and trumpers.  Cocaine Mitch knows this.  

If that's all this was about, they could have yanked Kavanaugh last week, and ACB would be on her way to confirmation within the next week or two.  They would have been asking the Dems and moderate GOPers to shoot down a successful woman.

• Like 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

If that's all this was about, they could have yanked Kavanaugh last week, and ACB would be on her way to confirmation within the next week or two.  They would have been asking the Dems and moderate GOPers to shoot down a successful woman.

She wouldn’t get Collins vote due to her stance on abortion. 

2 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

No. He's unfit to serve because he's a GOP political operative parroting conspiracy theories who has committed perjury multiple times, both before and after the sexual assault allegations, and whose resume is by and large hidden from view.

The underlined part is demonstrably false; that is, if you are willing to consider his twelve-year body of work as an appellate judge as an integral part of his resume (silly, I know). He has written hundreds of opinions for the D.C. Circuit, none of which are “hidden from public view”, and if it’s true that “he’s a GOP political operative” then it shouldn’t be hard to prove that point by citing examples from his numerous, previous opinions.

• Like 1

Just now, Cacti said:

The underlined part is demonstrably false; that is, if you are willing to consider his twelve-year body of work as an appellate judge as an integral part of his resume (silly, I know). He has written hundreds of opinions for the D.C. Circuit, none of which are “hidden from public view”, and if it’s true that “he’s a GOP political operative” then it shouldn’t be hard to prove that point by citing examples from his numerous, previous opinions.

Or just look into his work on Bush v. Gore.

14 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

The victim had two 500/hr attorneys on both sides. Needed five min breaks between questions for coaching, and wasn’t questioned really all. Was just allowed to give an emotion filled story with zero details and the ones she gave contradicted early statements. She had attorneys interjecting to help with answers, and she was evasive at other times when questioned before attorneys shut it down for a break  

The “accused” sat alone and answered a shit ton of worthless questions with little to nothing to do with the accusation to try and humiliate him. He was flat out attacked with topics that had little to no connection to the question at hand. They were doing their best Alex Jones trying to connect 50 dots all that would accumulate to rape. Yearbook  beer  slurred speech = blackout = rape

This is all normal to most of you. The accuser is the one needing two attorneys and tons of coaching?

The mental gymnastics going on here are just flat out fucking incredible. No group of people are this dumb. Your hate is just that strong. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1