Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Hammock said:

The "It's her turn" bullshit that so many people truly believed. She defended Bill's admitted extra marital fun. Money flowed in to the Clinton Foundation as Russians wanted control of uranium. No liberal public policy organizations were audited during the entire Clinton administration. 

Man, you were so close. You started off with a legitimate complaint but then moved into batshit conspiracy lunacy.

You fuck faces are the ones who kept inquiring about what I thought about Hillary. The corrupt bitch lost and good riddance.

Back to the thread.

Imagine an empty white table in an empty white room. That's exactly how much corroborating evidence is available to support these allegations and there are people taking it as fact.

And this is great. SIAP.

imgur

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 15
27 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

B7A1B39C-C611-44C1-A076-0CE9EC078514_zps

What a weird thing to tout.   I get that this may not have been the intention, but Obama counts.  His race isn't a distinction that warrants discounting him, as if her achievement is all the greater for not having the good fortune of being black.   Not to mention that raw voting numbers are meaningless historically, given the inevitable growth in population.   Hillary got more votes than Trump in 2016.   If it really matters to you, Hillary also got more votes than anyone in history except Obama.   But "more than any white male in history?"  C'mon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

nothing brings the lulz like the majority party failing to do something and then blaming the minority party whose votes they don't even need to do that something.

Yeah, we have a Republican President nominating a Republican judge to a Republican Senate but it's the Democrats.....

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

I haven't seen any recent polls about the tight senate races. How in danger are they really of losing the majority? Why are they dying on this Kavanaugh hill?

i think recent polls were showing a majority of likely voters support  Kavanaugh in North Dakota and West Virginia . Heitkamp is in real trouble.  Manchin will likely survive.

Trump and GOP support for Kavanaugh is a winning issue in red states.

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

What a weird thing to tout.   I get that this may not have been the intention, but Obama counts.  His race isn't a distinction that warrants discounting him, as if her achievement is all the greater for not having the good fortune of being black.   Not to mention that raw voting numbers are meaningless historically, given the inevitable growth in population.   Hillary got more votes than Trump in 2016.   If it really matters to you, Hillary also got more votes than anyone in history except Obama.   But "more than any white male in history?"  C'mon. 

You would make a very shitty troll if you ever chose to flirt with the dark side.  

The imagine is intended to be provocative to insecure patriarchal white males. It’s intended to remind them their world is dying. 

Just now, yoladu said:

i think recent polls were showing a majority of likely voters support  Kavanaugh in North Dakota and West Virginia . Heitkamp is in real trouble.  Manchin will likely survive.

Trump and GOP support for Kavanaugh is a winning issue in red states.

Not so sure. My understanding is polls went from “really fucking bad” to just “probably bad” for GOP and for GOP women, it got worse. If GOP loses suburban white women over Kavanaugh, midterms could be epically bad

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

Would you support an agreement to aggressively criticize anybody who talks about things in terms of gender or race, such as:

- "more than any White male"

- "first Black President"

- "first female President"

5 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

She fucking trounced John Quincy Adams.

1 minute ago, MixtyMotions said:

Would you support an agreement to aggressively criticize anybody who talks about things in terms of gender or race, such as:

It would be interesting to see whether the fraction of people that vote for someone for those reasons is bigger than the fraction that would vote against.

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

I think Trump might have ended this one last night.  If he had personally called Collins and Murkowski to tell them to go fuck themselves, it wouldn't have been more more effective at making them no votes.

I think in the end Flake and Collins vote YES. Murkowski, Heitkamp, Manchin vote NO and Pence breaks the tie.

Shitty 9th Justice.

3 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

No, because I'm not a narrow-minded idiot who sacrifices critical thinking for foolish consistency.

2 minutes ago, yoladu said:

I think in the end Flake and Collins vote YES. Murkowski, Heitkamp, Manchin vote NO and Pence breaks the tie.

Shitty 9th Justice.

A democrat will not cast a deciding vote for Kavanaugh if they want to remain in the party.  This is one of those votes that you make no matter how much it hurts you back home.  If the Republican holdouts change their mind and vote yes, then the dems will let those who need to vote for Kavanaugh do so.

Edited by kevwun

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Not so sure. My understanding is polls went from “really fucking bad” to just “probably bad” for GOP and for GOP women, it got worse. If GOP loses suburban white women over Kavanaugh, midterms could be epically bad

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of GOP women who are actively posting in my fb feed about how Kavanaugh is being wronged.  They know what side their bread is buttered on and they've hitched their wagon to white male power.

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

She fucking trounced John Quincy Adams.

It would be interesting to see whether the fraction of people that vote for someone for those reasons is bigger than the fraction that would vote against.

There is a lot of data on when Whites vote for a minority candidate over a White, and when minorities vote for a White candidate over a minority.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You would make a very shitty troll if you ever chose to flirt with the dark side.  

The imagine is intended to be provocative to insecure patriarchal white males. It’s intended to remind them their world is dying. 

I've been on this board and its predecessors for about 20 years now, from college through middle age.  One thing that I've learned is that trolling says a lot more about the troll than the target.   The reality is that you aren't reminding insecure patriarchal white males about anything, and your concern with trying to fight that fantasy battle through internet memes is more self-destructive than anything else.  All you have is who you actually are when you walk away from your screen, which you should do more often.  As should I, and probably most of us. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of GOP women who are actively posting in my fb feed about how Kavanaugh is being wronged.  They know what side their bread is buttered on and they've hitched their wagon to white male power.

I don't understand them, but I'm reluctant to make this assumption.  I wish we had a few who posted here to explain their thinking honestly. 

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I don't understand them, but I'm reluctant to make this assumption.  I wish we had a few who posted here to explain their thinking honestly. 

It's basically a hodgepodge of "But Hillary/Obama/This other D did this other thing that's maybe tangentially related to the topic at hand or maybe not."  It's pure lizard brain/tribalism.  I've tried to engage in a thoughtful, non-acussatory way (they're either friends, or wives of friends, etc.).  I've ceased.  It is always some circuitous route to nowhere.  

Edited by Chad Fuck

4 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I've been on this board and its predecessors for about 20 years now, from college through middle age.  One thing that I've learned is that trolling says a lot more about the troll than the target.   The reality is that you aren't reminding insecure patriarchal white males about anything, and your concern with trying to fight that fantasy battle through internet memes is more self-destructive than anything else.  All you have is who you actually are when you walk away from your screen, which you should do more often.  As should I, and probably most of us. 

Fair point, but we live in a world of trolls.  We elected one president.  How do you fight that shit? 

Also, counter-trolling is fun.

Serious question, but has anyone here actually been wrongly accused of sexual assault?  And if so, what were the ramifications?

I feel like there are some who are trying to equate false accusations with sexual assault, but I honestly don't know of a single man who has dealt with this, while it seems that almost every woman has.  

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Serious question, but has anyone here actually been wrongly accused of sexual assault?  And if so, what were the ramifications?

I feel like there are some who are trying to equate false accusations with sexual assault, but I honestly don't know of a single man who has dealt with this, while it seems that almost every woman has.  

I had a good friend who was accused of sexual harassment early in my career in upper management. The allegations were completely legit. We had all witnessed it for years and passed it off as the way things were done; every office has a handsy guy; every office has a horny guy. We watched as he went scorched earth against the secretary who reported him. We quietly got rid of him and it ruined the professional and personal relationships of everyone involved.

We operated as if we were just wishing it hadn't happened, because when we went home every night we didn't have to think about it. But she did.

I have spent the intervening years thinking about what I/we should have done differently. It's not an easy question, and I can understand why some men see that happen and turn into misogynist babies. I don't respect them for it, but I understand.

• Like 1

It is starting to look like this FBI investigation thing has allowed Republicans time to dig up dirt on Kavanaugh's accusers and it's working.  Ford is likely going to be prosecuted for lying under oath because of the shenanigans of her stupid ass lawyers.  Considering this might be a case of mistaken identity, that is extremely fucked up.

I see three possible scenarios.

1) She was sexually assaulted by Kavanaugh

2) She was sexually assaulted but it's a case of mistaken identity.

3) She fabricated a story.

In every possible scenario here, he lawyers completely fucked her on this.  All it takes is one person that doesn't like you to discredit your story.  Given how public this story is, there is bound to be more than a few people willing to discredit her.  We know he ex-boyfriend of 6 years has already given statements and i'm sure old neighbors and colleagues will step forward as well.  Normally all this would be done behind the scenes and these people would be interviewed without knowing all these additional details that are now public.  When asked about flying, confined spaces and all that, they know how to answer if they want to discredit her.  By the same token, friends can answer in a manner to help give her credibility.  It's a fucking mess.