Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

6 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Not minor: text messages suggest Kavanaugh wanted to refute accuser Ramirez' claim before it became public in the Mayer/Farrow New Yorker article last week.

Orrin Hatch: “When did you first learn of Ramirez’s allegation ?”

Kavanaugh under oath on Thursday: “in the New Yorker story”.

That would be a patently false statement intended to hide his efforts at damage control in advance of the story breaking.  That's perjury.

Where are these text messages?

Lawyers on twitter arguing about an investigation into four decade old sexual assault allegations against a judge.  Oh, and one of the lawyers has indicated that he may run for President against the current office holder, a self professed sexual assaulter with a pathological personality disorder. Well done America. 

I never say never, but I would be legitimately surprised if Roberts voted to overturn Roe.  More likely you will see chipping at it, but not a complete repudiation of it.

It’s largely chipped away as much as Roe can be I think.

1 hour ago, G650 said:

As a Never Trumper, I'm telling you this is 100% false.

If you think the Democrats are going to stop these kind of tactics in regards to SC nominees after Trump is gone you are a fool.  Just for folly let's say Mueller comes up with something and Trump gets removed from office.  Pence then takes over, then Ginsberg retires (one way or the other).  If you think the Democrats aren't going to use every slimy tactic in their tool kit against whoever Pence nominates you are not thinking.  This is only indirectly about the Democrats resisting Trump.  This is directly about the Democrats resisting a majority of originalists being appointed to the Supreme Court no matter who nominates them.  Originalists on the Supreme Court is supposed to be a conservative stance no matter what your opinion of Trump is.

Edited by EMAWesome
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

If you think the Democrats are going to stop these kind of tactics in regards to SC nominees after Trump is gone you are a fool.  Just for folly let's say Mueller comes up with something and Trump gets removed from office.  Pence then takes over, then Ginsberg retires (one way or the other).  If you think the Democrats aren't going to use every slimy tactic in their tool kit against whoever Pence nominates you are not thinking.  This is only indirectly about the Democrats resisting Trump.  This is directly about the Democrats resisting a majority of originalists being appointed to the Supreme Court no matter who nominates them.  Originalists on the Supreme Court is supposed to be a conservative stance no matter what your opinion of Trump is.

LOL. This has nothing to do with originalists. If you want to distill it to one issue, SCOTUS appointments are an abortion proxy battle.

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

The slimy tactic in your hypothetical was handed to them on a silver platter: Pence wasn’t elected President. We have to let the people have a say in the next Justice. No vote until after the election.

17 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I don't care what the 'Democrats' are doing. I'm not on a team. I care about each elected officials behavior independently.

Edit:And fuck Mike Pence and his looney religious ass.

Edited by G650
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Lawyers on twitter arguing about an investigation into four decade old sexual assault allegations against a judge.  Oh, and one of the lawyers has indicated that he may run for President against the current office holder, a self professed sexual assaulter with a pathological personality disorder. Well done America. 

The Aristocrats!

Everyone knew when the FBI investigation started that more shit would be thrown against Kavanaugh. It was the Democrat's last chance at a hail mary and no one on the left gave a shit about Hillary and her soullessness. This situation was so predictable. 

And why are people freaking out about Roe v. Wade? From my understanding, Kavanaugh is pretty neutral on it and that will never get overturned, anyways. 

Just now, Hammock said:

Everyone knew when the FBI investigation started that more shit would be thrown against Kavanaugh. It was the Democrat's last chance at a hail mary and no one on the left gave a shit about Hillary and her soullessness. This situation was so predictable. 

And why are people freaking out about Roe v. Wade? From my understanding, Kavanaugh is pretty neutral on it and that will never get overturned, anyways. 

You need a better understanding.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jag102 said:

What is a sock account? I signed up a few hours ago and that is evident, my information that I submitted is true. I have been an observer from the HornFans days, a long time. Have you ever had a job interview? Simple question. 

Sock? I am no sock, I am a human person such as Ted Cruz. 

From the every woman making sexual assault allegations must be believed file.

@instapundit FollowFollow @instapundit More

Rape charges against 4 California dentists dismissed after video contradicts woman's story

No one is saying every accusation must be believed. Nice strawman you fuck stick. Your pea brajn must have mustered all it had to come up with that one.

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Kavanaugh did say, however, that if he became a judge on the circuit court, he would uphold Supreme Court precedent with respect to Roe. "If confirmed to the DC Circuit, I would follow Roe v. Wade faithfully and fully. That would be binding precedent of the court. It has been decided by the Supreme Court," he said at the time. (The Supreme Court, of course, can overturn its previous decisions.) - CNN

This is the same outrage when Trump was nominated President. Everyone on the left was freaking out but America seems to be doing pretty well. I think Trump is a POS but the end justifies the means. 

9 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

@instapundit
FollowFollow @instapundit
More

Rape charges against 4 California dentists dismissed after video contradicts woman's story

And 99% of prisoners say they are innocent... what's your point?  Some people lie?  We already knew that...see Trump and Kavanaugh.

Edited by DixonHur

9 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The victim had two 500/hr attorneys on both sides. Needed five min breaks between questions for coaching, and wasn’t questioned really all. Was just allowed to give an emotion filled story with zero details and the ones she gave contradicted early statements. She had attorneys interjecting to help with answers, and she was evasive at other times when questioned before attorneys shut it down for a break  

The “accused” sat alone and answered a shit ton of worthless questions with little to nothing to do with the accusation to try and humiliate him. He was flat out attacked with topics that had little to no connection to the question at hand. They were doing their best Alex Jones trying to connect 50 dots all that would accumulate to rape. Yearbook  beer  slurred speech = blackout = rape

This is all normal to most of you. The accuser is the one needing two attorneys and tons of coaching?

The mental gymnastics going on here are just flat out fucking incredible. No group of people are this dumb. Your hate is just that strong. 

TheRockClapping.gif

You're now a rape apologist. /s

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
12 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:
Look at the excessive drinking bullet we dodged in 2016.DoddEwtUwAABAJW.jpg

Drinking is relevant because it's part of his defense. How do you get through life being so dumb?

Wait.....What?

Drinking is part of Kavanaugh's defense.  Really?   Huh.

17 minutes ago, Hammock said:

TheRockClapping.gif

You're now a rape apologist. /s

Saw you on the news.  Are you the one in the blonde wig tearing up poster boards  on Campus?  

LMAO rape apologists, well he never raped anyone, even in her own “I can’t remeber any details, but it was him - testimony,  No rape was mentioned”  

#IBelieveMySide1000%

#shecan’tlie

#guiltyscrewevidenve

congrats on shitting all over real victims to protect the fake ones. Heros. All of you. 

5 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Saw you on the news.  Are you the one in the blonde wig tearing up poster boards  on Campus?  

LMAO rape apologists, well he never raped anyone, even in her own “I can’t remeber any details, but it was him - testimony,  No rape was mentioned”  

#IBelieveMySide1000%

#shecan’tlie

#guiltyscrewevidenve

congrats on shitting all over real victims to protect the fake ones. Heros. All of you. 

You tard. I was using sarcasm. I'M ON YOUR TEAM. 

I even liked your post beforehand, dunce.

Edited by Hammock
Because.

3 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

#IBelieveMySide1000%

#shecan’tlie

#guiltyscrewevidenve

koolaid. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Where are these text messages?

They were forwarded to the FBI

• Judge Brett Kavanaugh and his staff were reportedly sending text messages to former classmates to underplay allegations that he exposed himself during a party at Yale University.
  • One of Kavanaugh's friends said in a message that she corresponded with "Brett" and "Brett's guy."
  • A recipient of the text messages said she forwarded them to the FBI because "they merit investigation by the FBI and the Senate."
  • She said she conveyed the contents of the messages to the FBI twice but had not heard back as of Monday morning.
  • The timing of the text messages sent from Kavanaugh and members of his team may renew the inquiry surrounding testimony he gave to the Judiciary Committee last week.
  • Kavanaugh previously testified that he had not discussed or heard of Ramirez's allegations from The New Yorker.
  • But Kavanaugh later appeared to contradict himself by saying he had heard that one of his accusers was "calling around to classmates trying to see if they remembered it."

Hatch asked Brett when he first learned about the Ramirez sexual misconduct allegations.  He said it was when the New Yorker article was published last week.

It's obvious why Mitch is trying to ram this nomination through.  Republicans are abetting the cover-up.  Every day that passes, new tangible information comes out to expose that.  Yesterday, a letter handwritten by schoolboy Brett is produced related to planning Beach Week, signed "Bart'.  "Bart O'Kavanaugh" was a thinly veiled pseudonym for Brett, a person whose drunken excesses were chronicled in his bestie Mark Judge's memoir.  Brett was asked under oath by a Dem senator is he was "Bart".  He indicated he didn't know/evaded the answer by saying "You'd have to ask Mark Judge."  Do the Republicans on the committee subpoena Mark Judge?  Of course they won't, and Brett knows that.  Republicans are assisting the cover-up for Brett's numerous lies under oath.

• Like 1

EMAWesome is so fucking terrible that I'm enjoying that win over KSU so much more than I would have. 

isn't there some fucking maximizing wheat and soybean government handouts forum that you should be posting on, while railing about the Libtards and their welfare programs? Maybe a buildthewall forum while immigrant workers actually drive your shitty state's entire fucking economy. Or hell, maybe just a fucking Kansas State website, perhaps they'd enjoy your idiotic diarrhea of the keyboard. 

In closing, fuck OU and fuck Kansas State. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

@instapundit
FollowFollow @instapundit
More

You are not a smart person.

Do some women lie about rape, of course... no shit.  See Duke lacrosse and lots of other stories.  Are they typically educated, professional women who enjoy having their name in the news, their story told world-wide, and their name dragged through the mud?  No, hardly ever.  The large majority of rape allegations are shown to be true, but yes a few are lies.  The bottom line is that sexual assaults occur in far higher numbers than false allegations of sexual assault.  There is a huge amount of evidence supporting this.  Every educated professional who has studied it will tell you the same.  If you disagree with that then you are simply fucking wrong.  And stupid.  And a shitty human being.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Your Mom said:

You are not a smart person.

Do some women lie about rape, of course... no shit.  See Duke lacrosse and lots of other stories.  Are they typically educated, professional women who enjoy having their name in the news, their story told world-wide, and their name dragged through the mud?  No, hardly ever.  The large majority of rape allegations are shown to be true, but yes a few are lies.  The bottom line is that sexual assaults occur in far higher numbers than false allegations of sexual assault.  There is a huge amount of evidence supporting this.  Every educated professional who has studied it will tell you the same.  If you disagree with that then you are simply fucking wrong.  And stupid.  And a shitty human being.

I would be the most unsurprised person ever if I found out EMAWesome was secretly a Baylor troll.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Not lying about what he was doing while Ford was providing testimony roughly an hour prior would be helpful.

He was just playing Devil's Threesome with a severe case of nervous boofing, okay?

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

Oh cool.  So instead of ‘this is where Trumpsters and nevertrumpers unite’, you mean ‘this is where my dumbass thinks/insists they should unite’. Got it.  

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not lying about what he was doing while Ford was providing testimony roughly an hour prior would be helpful.

in a swirl of stupid lies, this was the worst. just say "yes, i was watching." what does he have to gain by saying "no, i was preparing my own testimony"? seriously. what does he gain by that? 

that's the most troubling thing: the lies about inconsequential shit. if he'll lie about the stupid shit, god knows what else he will do to fudge other truths, half-truths, or just outright lie about important shit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

A decent example of democracy working and free speech doesn’t mean free from consequences or ridicule. 

Fuck that.

No problem with people of opposing view points expressing those opinions.  Get your own signs and scream and yell all you want.

The person tearing up signs is out of fucking line.  Plain and simple.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

in a swirl of stupid lies, this was the worst. just say "yes, i was watching." what does he have to gain by saying "no, i was preparing my own testimony"? seriously. what does he gain by that? 

that's the most troubling thing: the lies about inconsequential shit. if he'll lie about the stupid shit, god knows what else he will do to fudge other truths, half-truths, or just outright lie about important shit.

It's not just that it hints at a tendency to lie at will.  It reveals a complete lack of character.  Seriously, what adult with a reasonably high intellect and an ethical backbone lies like that?  If my wife was that deceptive, I'd divorce her.  If my KIDS were that deceptive, I'd ground them for a month on each instance, and kids lie . . . a lot . . . especially smart kids, but any and all with character grow out of it, most by college.

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

What is there to understand?  If Roe vs. Wade gets overturned the abortion issue gets settled by each state's legislature.  At least half of the states will vote to keep it legal.  In those that don't well funded political activists will arrange transportation for women in those states who want abortions to get to states where it is still legal.  Not one thing is going to change.

• Like 1