2018 game 1 thread :: Texas @ Maryland :: Exiting the Wilderness

Hagbard Celine

7 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Weather delay after the Maryland TD.

We are about to get some rain folks, wind speed 8 mph. 

Come the fuck on play football. Who called the game off? Why? Was there even lighting reported nearby???

If lightning is seen or noted on radar within 8 miles of stadium....automatic 30 minute delay from last known lightning strike.

Edited by BillyGoatHill

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

All about money, three way Texas/Redskin/Maryland deal. 

How much money are the Skins getting with this shitty ass attendance, though? Seems the operating costs of getting this stadium functioning outweighs the true benefits of having the game. I could see if Maryland was a big time program that drew very well. But they don't care about football there.

I’m trying like fuck to look at the positives of this weather delay. But seeing as our coaching staff can’t scheme for shit. Can’t olay call can’t prep can’t do anything correct I imagine they are all playing candy crush right now on their phones. Maryland comes out rested and ready to finish 

• Like 1

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

How much money are the Skins getting with this shitty ass attendance, though? Seems the operating costs of getting this stadium functioning outweighs the true benefits of having the game. I could see if Maryland was a big time program that drew very well. But they don't care about football there.

Stop trying to draw drew in u nfl cowboys ride or die fucker! This is a meltdown thread of college importance. Not some I chose a team bullshit

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Couldn’t tell you/agree, just know that’s why it was agreed upon originally 

Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

I’m trying like fuck to look at the positives of this weather delay. 

I don't know, how long does it take to taze and hogtie a man, say about the size of Tim Beck, load him up in the trunk of a 72 Buick, haul him down to the Potomac, and find enough rocks to tie to his body?  You know, if his body was about the size of Tim Beck's?  Can the weather delay be about that long?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

its not a tough concept. but obviously you are living in the past where no one goes for 2 until its 1 min left in the game. 

going for 2  TO TIE THE GAME was the right call, and still was the right call with the miss.    

the issue is, Mensa didnt do a fucking run/pass option for Sam - you know the QB who does a pretty good job running for 3-5 yards at a time

At the end of the game, specific score patterns dictate deviation from the odds. E.g., if you are down 2 with under a minute, you go for 2. Until late, however, you don’t know how many TDs, FGs, etc are going to be scored on each side. So you generally should follow the stats. If getting a 2-Pt conversion is more than 50% as likely as kicking for one, you try for 2. Otherwise you don’t.

• Like 1