2018 Houston Texans Season Thread

tx 3 putt

2 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

It's one thing to read his explaination, it's another to see what this pompous ass said, with context.

What an utter buffoon.

Michael Trillbon added,

Lulz. He has the fucking challenge flag in his pocket and 3 timeouts he hasn’t used if I recall correctly. In a situation like that you throw the damn thing on the field before the snap and hope for the best. Not much of a gamble there.

2 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Lulz. He has the fucking challenge flag in his pocket and 3 timeouts he hasn’t used if I recall correctly. In a situation like that you throw the damn thing on the field before the snap and hope for the best. Not much of a gamble there.

No you can't throw the challenge flag. It's is replay booth only inside 2 minutes. But he definitely should have called a timeout. His explanation why he didn't is why the Texans will never go above 9-7 with this guy. 

4 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

No you can't throw the challenge flag. It's is replay booth only inside 2 minutes. But he definitely should have called a timeout. His explanation why he didn't is why the Texans will never go above 9-7 with this guy. 

Gotcha. Forgot about that. So he’s still a moron for not burning one of his 3 to’s.

23 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

He is definitely an arrogant prick. However, if he just admitted that he fucked up, he would get skewered by the press also. I guess the best way to handle it would be to say that he thought the officials would stand over the ball like they normally do on a controversial plays rather than handing the ball to Brady and not giving him time to call a timeout. Although, I guess if he said that he would be fined for criticizing the refs.

Edited by Bevo

Not his job to call a TO, wtf. Dude how about you call the TO anyway to tell your dumbass DC to stop allowing out routes 10-15 yards down the field, is that not your job either, or are you too stupid to manage the game when you are calling the same shitty plays that haven't worked all half?

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Not his job to call a TO, wtf. Dude how about you call the TO anyway to tell your dumbass DC to stop allowing out routes 10-15 yards down the field, is that not your job either, or are you too stupid to manage the game when you are calling the same shitty plays that haven't worked all half?

His normal shtick response is "it's on me", or "that's on me".  Guess since he got everything he wanted in the front office this year, he'll blame everything on everyone else.  It's looking more and more like the Emperor has no clothes.... 

Hubris - Bill O’Brien thinking he can be an effective head coach while also serving as OC when no other HC in the league is assuming both roles. He is an absolute fraud of a coach and it was good to hear MaD radio call him on his shit. They rightfully pointed out that if one of his Mike LBers or QBs had trotted out “not my job” bs in getting players lined up correctly he would have called them on the carpet for being a bad teammate. With all of Kubiak’s faults, he was a much better coach than this buffoon.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

Are we positive Bill O'Brien is an NFL coach and not a used washing machine in a windbreaker?
Hubris - Bill O’Brien thinking he can be an effective head coach while also serving as OC when no other HC in the league is assuming both roles. He is an absolute fraud of a coach and it was good to hear MaD radio call him on his shit. They rightfully pointed out that if one of his Mike LBers or QBs had trotted out “not my job” bs in getting players lined up correctly he would have called them on the carpet for being a bad teammate. With all of Kubiak’s faults, he was a much better coach than this buffoon.
The fraud part is thinking B'oB is a NFL head coach.