2018 Houston Texans Season Thread

tx 3 putt

That 1st and goal play call was retardly abysmal. It realistically ended that drive from ever getting close to a TD.

The LT was slow to get out to the edge for the block, leads to a penalty. Then #75 gets blown up on consecutive plays leading to a bad decision and TO.

Edited by HtownHorn

17 minutes ago, YChang said:

Yeah... hard to be optimistic about this season at this point. Nothing about this team looks good or promising. 

It happens when your OL and secondary are awful. Good thing they kept Joseph, Jackson, and Johnson over Bouye.

The worst part is BOB's decision to not hire an OC guarantees he makes it through the season, as there is probably no one else on staff that has called a play in the NFL.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Just. Don't. Care. Anymore.

Fire Bill already....

Didn't they just give him an extension?  lol.  I want to get into the Texans and the NFL more than I have in the past, but goddamn that franchise from ownership down is such a clown show.  

Edited by Fozzz

2 hours ago, Hammock said:

There's no fuckin way we're keeping Clowney. Good riddance to that waste of money. 

Yeah. he's gone. He's not a LB, and he's not going to get the huge money many predicted, but he's gone after his contract is up. Though him being a Gamecock, and the owner being a Gamecock, who truly knows.

34 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah. he's gone. He's not a LB, and he's not going to get the huge money many predicted, but he's gone after his contract is up. Though him being a Gamecock, and the owner being a Gamecock, who truly knows.

Some dumb team will sign him for a ton of money just like Miami did for Suh. Then he will disappear more and more like Mario Williams did. 

Didn't they just give him an extension?  lol.  I want to get into the Texans and the NFL more than I have in the past, but goddamn that franchise from ownership down is such a clown show.  
Pretty much how I've felt from the beginning

I'm done blaming the gm or coach. This whole organization just sucks and is boring. Too bad Watson will probably be wasted

On 9/24/2018 at 10:21 AM, HtownHorn said:

On 9/24/2018 at 10:57 AM, Hammock said:

Some dumb team will sign him for a ton of money just like Miami did for Suh. Then he will disappear more and more like Mario Williams did. 

Clowney gets better as the season goes on (which tells me he comes into the season out of shape)...

Having said that, he is a 1st and 2nd down tackling machine and run stuffer... he's going to get paid.  Yes, teams pay rushers to pressure the QB and get sacks, but winning defenses want a run-stuffer.  Clowney might be the best pure run-stopper in the league.

It's interesting, because the way to neutralize JJ Watt is to run right at him because he's going to come upfield and you can run behind him... while Clowney generally expects run and plays down the line and doesn't get sacks. Imagine if the two of them worked on their weaknesses together...