Continues to play Sam Ehlinger

0-2 against Maryland

105 yards of penalties 

terrible offensive production 

teams play flat and unenthusiastic 

outcoached by an interim HC

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, PatSolitanojr said:

I know Tom means what he says only half the time, but the quote about trying too hard almost kind of makes sense to me? This was a trap game if there ever was one. There’s a difference between being fired up and trying to be perfect. He should have just said “We should have been fired up, instead we overthought everything, and that’s on me.” 

Hey, Tom, the plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room.

The good news is that TH figured out this whole “hassle of winning “ thing,  early in his time as HC on THe 40 Acres,  and doesn’t want to put our players through that artificial stress delusion.

Yes, sometimes winning is seemingly unavoidable, but we are better off grinding out steady, predictable losses rather than letting our hearts and minds wander.

10 hours ago, El Squared said:

The good news is that TH figured out this whole “hassle of winning “ thing,  early in his time as HC on THe 40 Acres,  and doesn’t want to put our players through that artificial stress delusion.

Yes, sometimes winning is seemingly unavoidable, but we are better off grinding out steady, predictable losses rather than letting our hearts and minds wander.

It's much safer if the rollercoaster goes off the tracks as soon as it starts moving.

17 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

There will be Tom then another mediocre coach and maybe then finally we will hit the jackpot. That is how it worked last time and Charlie and Tom have been way below the guys we had to go through the last time.

Wait so Strong=Akers and Herman=McWilliams? Yeah I think we did better last time.

I know Tom means what he says only half the time, but the quote about trying too hard almost kind of makes sense to me? This was a trap game if there ever was one. There’s a difference between being fired up and trying to be perfect. He should have just said “We should have been fired up, instead we overthought everything, and that’s on me.” 

If that was “ too fired up” then fuck us all right in the arse. The team was lethargic as fuck

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

It's much safer if the rollercoaster goes off the tracks as soon as it starts moving.

Rollercoaster?  We waited in line for the better part of a year to hop on the fucking mini mine train at Six Flags.  The crying kid in front of us managed to spew all over our date beautiful girlfriend during the first 3 foot drop.  We then went and ate pizza before getting on that stupid Sombrero hat ride.  

• Like 2

Hired and kept Tim Beck
Hired and kept Drew Mehringer
Hired and kept Derek Warehime
Continues to play Kyle Porter
Continues to play Sam Ehlinger
0-2 against Maryland
105 yards of penalties 
terrible offensive production 
teams play flat and unenthusiastic 
outcoached by an interim HC

Undo this. Win.

I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.  Other than that I went back and watched the Peach Bowl to try to get some good juju going.  Some of the play designs are lollable given what we’ve seen, but Applewhite was 10x the playcaller that Beck is.  And Greg Ward had less to do with winning that game than I remembered.   They won that game for two reasons.   1. FSUs qb sucked.  2.  Houston had hard hitting, fast motherfuckers all over the field.  Their team speed was impressive.  Maybe he was hurt but Dalvin Cook never got going because every time there was a hole a white blur met him in it face up.  Ward hit a few passes and had some nice option keepers but their main weapon was swing passes and dump offs to their two RBs   Watching that game drove home that we need a serious upgrade of speed at all skill positions or we will not be competitive in this conference.  Right now the spread part of the power spread doesn’t work because guys (especially the veterans) can’t do anything in space. Maybe the younger guys he’s brought in will start to change that.  
More LJ! Heard, and Ingram might help this year.