Talk TCU vs TEXAS

LTtxfan

On 9/18/2018 at 6:21 AM, kopp0e said:

Film, huh? Preparation and game planning are some things this staff is going to start leaning into now? 

Edited by The People’s Elbow

What i see is he's taking a 3rd step trying to let the coverage get downfield.  The problem is the 3rd step is sideways, always to the right, and our blocking scheme doesn't seem attuned to this.  A "Sherrin" (australian footy ball) is oblong and flies much differently than our gridiron ball.  A set shot at goal in footy, even from close range, is taught as a 4 or 5 step run-up.  Dicko knew how to get power for distance without the run-up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

What i see is he's taking a 3rd step trying to let the coverage get downfield.  The problem is the 3rd step is sideways, always to the right, and our blocking scheme doesn't seem attuned to this.  A "Sherrin" (australian footy ball) is oblong and flies much differently than our gridiron ball.  A set shot at goal in footy, even from close range, is taught as a 4 or 5 step run-up.  Dicko knew how to get power for distance without the run-up.

Good catch. Some smart coach is going to figure this out. Patterson fits the bill. How Herman has missed this is beyond me.

Anybody agree with putting Sam under center a little bit to see if the timing and something they haven't prepared for works?

I want to see quick slants and it's tough in shotgun when your first read is to catch the snap. Plus I think it could help in the running game a bit. Throwing some timing changes in there against these guys could help.

Maybe pistol with Danny beside Sam and Tre behind him?

1 hour ago, 83Horn said:

Thank you.  You, sir, are a gentleman.  And except for the four dudes and cartoon frog in the back there is no wrong answer...but front row, first on left...yessss.

row 1

3rd & 4th from the left

and 4th from the right

the south mall used to be full of that

toad is now the challenger to asu

gotdayum.jpg

10 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

82% chance of rain for most of game time. I hope we can luck out and dodge it like the last two weeks. The forecasts were terrible for Tulsa and TCU and it seems we got lucky. This one looks ugly and it’s getting old!  

in this case, you should be hoping for rain.  that would be to our advantage, slowing them down, and might improve our chances of winning.

23 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The edit is cool but man I just don't want to get pantsed by the froggies again

I would've put the entire DL on that edit as a challenge for them. They haven't put together a dominating game this season and this would be the perfect game to break that habit. I like this game a lot more if Hager, Omenihu and Nelson pound frog's OL so hard that when they come back from commercial break they have to add in a "warning, sexual content" label on the screen for legal purposes. 

To both Orlando and whoever is calling the offense. Don't get cute. Physicality and a game plan that incorporates and executes it will win you this game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

To both Orlando and whoever is calling the offense. Don't get cute. Physicality and a game plan that incorporates and executes it will win you this game. 

So then, no more fake reverses or long developing throwback passes, each of which ends with defenders all over Sam eight yards behind the LOS?  Where's the fun in not running at least a few high risk, low reward plays per game?

It's not like tcu is disciplined, aggressive, or fast on defense, right?

Against TCU....Play of the week for Ohio State Offense: Twin wide (WR) screens, choice

Executing a football play is like shelling a walnut in that sometimes it just cracks perfectly wide open.

Like, for example, the wide screen pass that Parris Campbell took 63 yards for a touchdown during a four-minute, three-TD rally last Saturday in Ohio State's 40-28 win over TCU. It was a nutcracker of a play that beat a fast, aggressive defense.

Picture_4_bigger.png
For @OhioStateFB this was an almost perfectly blocked play against TCU, @PCampbell21 63-yard screen pass catch-and-sprint for TD. Wide screens, they're all the rage against aggressive defenses.

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Against TCU....Play of the week for Ohio State Offense: Twin wide (WR) screens, choice

Executing a football play is like shelling a walnut in that sometimes it just cracks perfectly wide open.

Like, for example, the wide screen pass that Parris Campbell took 63 yards for a touchdown during a four-minute, three-TD rally last Saturday in Ohio State's 40-28 win over TCU. It was a nutcracker of a play that beat a fast, aggressive defense.

Picture_4_bigger.png
For @OhioStateFB this was an almost perfectly blocked play against TCU, @PCampbell21 63-yard screen pass catch-and-sprint for TD. Wide screens, they're all the rage against aggressive defenses.

Try this.

• Like 1