Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Did Cruz just tell a story about prioritizing corporate tax cuts over being at his daughter’s game as an example of him doing something that had nothing to do with politics that was clearly intended to show him as a loving family man?

facts are difficult things

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Did Cruz just tell a story about prioritizing corporate tax cuts over being at his daughter’s game as an example of him doing something that had nothing to do with politics that was clearly intended to show him as a loving family man?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgvUlC_KRCSEUBl_2jwNj

Just now, Pancho Negro said:

What the fuck are you talking about? Jesus. 

You claimed some public speaking and debate background claiming that Beto was doing great. 

I said you also probably thought Hillary destroyed Trump.

That makes me question your expertise.  

The results of that election cycle should maybe bring into question how you measure these things. Or maybe just help you realize your biases. We all have them. 

• Like 1

I give a slight edge to Beto. Cruz choking on the non-political question was a big gaffe.
Some light editing will make that great. Show him getting stumped then cut to his attempt at an answer of missing his daughter's basketball game.

Cruz didn't look great. I thought Beto could have bee more effective on the attack. He had the right lines but didn't nail them. He should have come back to "Lyin' ted" repeatedly and thrown in a "There you go.again, c'mon, Ted."

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

You claimed some public speaking and debate background claiming that Beto was doing great. 

I said you also probably thought Hillary destroyed Trump.

That makes me question your expertise.  

The results of that election cycle should maybe bring into question how you measure these things. Or maybe just help you realize your biases. We all have them. 

Jesus Christ. 

NO, I didn’t say Beto was “doing great.”  I didn’t say or use those specific words at all. 

I never said anything about Hillary doing well or doing poorly.  You are assuming that with no evidence whatsoever making yourself look foolish.  You are questioning my expertise when I haven’t even given an adequate assessment on the skills of either Beto or Hillary.  So then how are you questioning anything when no one has given you anything to question?

Yet here you are—again—questioning my intelligence.  I wonder why?

This is a Beto/Cruz thred. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, was hoping Beto would say something like "She wasn't pissed about you staying away and voting for the tax cuts.  She was pissed because she hates teh way you are a whore for the rich."

11 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Jesus Christ. 

NO, I didn’t say Beto was “doing great.”  I didn’t say or use those specific words at all. 

I never said anything about Hillary doing well or doing poorly.  You are assuming that with no evidence whatsoever making yourself look foolish.  You are questioning my expertise when I haven’t even given an adequate assessment on the skills of either Beto or Hillary.  So then how are you questioning anything when no one has given you anything to question?

Yet here you are—again—questioning my intelligence.  I wonder why?

This is a Beto/Cruz thred. 

Sorry. I misinterpreted your okay response to me as an affirmative. It’s the internet. It happens. 

50 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Exactly. My wife is watching. Says Cruz clearly winning lol. I told her not interested. Watch out guys.  She’s a college educated white suburban mom. 37 years old. Beto’s wheelhouse.  

Instead watching son play Fortnite. 

Your wife is just trying to save your marriage and get any attention.. She's thinking of cheating. alot.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Your wife is just trying to save your marriage and get any attention.. She's thinking of cheating. alot.

Ok buddy. 

13 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

He feels the need to question other's intelligence because of his poor wife decision?

No, she’s fantastic. 

I wasn’t questioning his intelligence. I was questioning the value of his public speaking/debate background.  I realize at this point I’m pointlessly interjecting online.   I’ll step away. Y’all have a good night. 

Beto is a great "town hall" type speaker when he can move around and vibe off energy and spin his yarns (because he does talk around a bunch of stuff before landing on his points a lot like in the kneeling video), but the debates with the bright lights behind a lectern with a finite amount of time doesn't suit him and his charm/style. Either that or maybe he is confident pontificating to Texas Southern students but the career politicians can be a bit scary to outsiders/mavericks without the killer "political" instinct. He should definitely take some coaching on the public speaking stuff.

Edited by Guest