Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

So is his first name “Lil” and his middle name “Jordan”?  How does that work? 

Spoiler alert: I realize that is all one completely stupid ass name.  I’m sure I’ll get downvoted on this (again) but if this name showed up on a resume and you’re interviewing people you’re gonna laugh. You’re not gonna say you’d be laughing on this board but you’d be laughing. 

Edited by SteelEER
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 29

1 hour ago, SteelEER said:

Spoiler alert: I realize that is all one completely stupid ass name.  I’m sure I’ll get downvoted on this (again) but if this name showed up on a resume and you’re interviewing people you’re gonna laugh. You’re not gonna say you’d be laughing on this board but you’d be laughing. 

It's fun while he's in college, and he'll probably just go by Jordan on his resume post-NFL. Not too hard to deal with getting dealt a name that doesn't sound tremendously professional.

58 minutes ago, SteelEER said:

Not as hard as I’d be laughing at someone from WV actually pretending they could hold down a job.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's fun while he's in college, and he'll probably just go by Jordan on his resume post-NFL. Not too hard to deal with getting dealt a name that doesn't sound tremendously professional.

Cmon that’d be fun in preschool. Above the age of 3 that name is absurd.

• Fuck You 8

1 hour ago, DaggerHorns said:

Replace “right” with “fucking stupid” and you would be right.

So close, so I’ll give you credit.

So we’re discussing someone being named Lil’Jordan but I’m fucking stupid?

On here with the “thin-skinned” (promised myself I’d stop calling your batch pussies anymore) that actually almost makes sense.

• Fuck You 7

2 hours ago, SteelEER said:

Cmon that’d be fun in preschool. Above the age of 3 that name is absurd.

Unless you're really good at football, don't need to apply to a corporate job, and have been dating 10s since high school. He's one of the few people that can pull it off. Context matters.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SteelEER said:

On here with the “thin-skinned” (promised myself I’d stop calling your batch pussies anymore) that actually almost makes sense.

If you are curious about how Lil'Jordan got his name I am sure the announcers will tell the story three or four times during our game. 

4 hours ago, SteelEER said:

I think Ernie Davis would still be afraid to go to Morgantown... AND IT'S 2018

25 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

I think Ernie Davis would still be afraid to go to Morgantown... AND IT'S 2018

https://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2008/10/how_the_express_fumbled_the_re.html

That game was in Syracuse. No issues occurred in that game. Besides that you’re spot on. Dumbass

Edited by SteelEER
  • Fuck You 3

He'll keep the "Lil" if he makes a name for himself in the NFL..

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Unless you're really good at football, don't need to apply to a corporate job, and have been dating 10s since high school. He's one of the few people that can pull it off. Context matters.

There are better players in college that end up stocking shelves for a living.

• Fuck You 8

1 hour ago, SteelEER said:

I feel like I need to clarify this above post. “Your batch” is a minority on here.

The “your batch” thin-skinned, down voting, “Notebook “ watching mamas boys know who you are and don’t have the emotional ability to hang on a sports message board.

Stick to posting selfies on facechat or mysnap or whatever the ladies use for social media. I’ll hurt your feelings.

• Fuck You 8

40 minutes ago, SteelEER said:

I feel like I need to clarify this above post. “Your batch” is a minority on here.

The “your batch” thin-skinned, down voting, “Notebook “ watching mamas boys know who you are and don’t have the emotional ability to hang on a sports message board.

Stick to posting selfies on facechat or mysnap or whatever the ladies use for social media. I’ll hurt your feelings.

3 hours ago, SteelEER said:

You fuck, your team just struggled, stumbled, and bumbled to 152 yards of offense against Iowa State in a game in which you got plowed and pillaged. Shut up.

10 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

You fuck, your team just struggled, stumbled, and bumbled to 152 yards of offense against Iowa State in a game in which you got plowed and pillaged. Shut up.

We aren’t the last ranked team that has lost at Ames at night. We looked like shit. Dana’s route tree has been figured out and needs to fix that shit.

But does all of that make you less of a thin skinned asshole? 

• Fuck You 6

4 minutes ago, SteelEER said:

We aren’t the last ranked team that has lost at Ames at night. We looked like shit. Dana’s route tree has been figured out and needs to fix that shit.

Actually, that is exactly what you are

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SteelEER said:

Yes, in fact you are the last ranked team to lose in Ames. 152 yards... You didn't just lose, you got taken behind the woodshed and beat to death. I'm not the one on another team's forum, on a Thursday, asking why one of their players is named Lil Jordan.

15 minutes ago, SteelEER said:

I guess your here because your toothless sister won’t let you fuck her ass anymore now that you have Hillbilly Aids.

20 hours ago, SteelEER said:

All this “thin-skinned, hurt your feelings” malarkey but you’re the one taking it personally you wittle titty baby...

17 hours ago, SteelEER said:

A little self-awareness goes a long way...

21 hours ago, SteelEER said:

TTL,P

On 10/17/2018 at 10:38 PM, ousux said:

Hope we can keep him another year, but reality is he might get a high draft grade..

especially now that our players are getting more attention due to our top 10 ranking.

Herman is doing well by having his back and correcting mother fuckers on his name. Could help.

appreciate-ya-coach.jpg

On 10/18/2018 at 8:31 AM, SteelEER said:

You know I’m right.

Actually no, we all know you are wrong. 

17 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I'm out of rep for the day, but I'd like to see if we can just ban SteelEER now without him getting to 150 to 200 neg reps, because that might take another 24 to 48 hours.

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

@SteelEER

giphy.gif

On 10/18/2018 at 7:43 AM, SteelEER said:

I'll offer you a few nuggets:

1. LJ did not name himself

2. There is a story behind his name if you had bothered to look into it before opining in ignorance

3. You will be hard-pressed to find any agreement on objective, universally accepted standards for names, but a few very well known ones include (1) names already in use and (2) modifications of names already in use (commonly involving some abbreviation). Do you think It was stupid to shorten Maryam (מִרְיָם) to Mary? Is it stupid to call someone Jack? Are apostrophes stupid, as in D'Artagnon? What about centuries-old compound names, often with spaces, such as Mary Ellen?

Please pardon the Texas fans on this Texas-centric website should they respond unfavorably to your criticism of a Texas football player's name, a criticism that appears to be unsupported by understanding of his name in particular or of generally accepted practices in naming over the centuries.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I'll offer you a few nuggets:

1. LJ did not name himself

2. There is a story behind his name if you had bothered to look into it before opining in ignorance

3. You will be hard-pressed to find any agreement on objective, universally accepted standards for names, but a few very well known ones include (1) names already in use and (2) modifications of names already in use (commonly involving some abbreviation). Do you think It was stupid to shorten Maryam (מִרְיָם) to Mary? Is it stupid to call someone Jack? Are apostrophes stupid, as in D'Artagnon? What about centuries-old compound names, often with spaces, such as Mary Ellen?

Please pardon the Texas fans on this Texas-centric website should they respond unfavorably to your criticism of a Texas football player's name, a criticism that appears to be unsupported by understanding of his name in particular or of generally accepted practices in naming over the centuries.

You left out the most important part - his team's head coach has a girl's name. If you're gonna have a girl's name like Dana you have to offset it with a super fucking manly middle name like Xenophon. Then you can just include your badass middle initial X when being addressed.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You left out the most important part - his team's head coach has a girl's name. If you're gonna have a girl's name like Dana you have to offset it with a super fucking manly middle name like Xenophon. Then you can just include your badass middle initial X when being addressed.

Nice.

Additional OBI EBOH Observations: Just looked up Obi's stats at Stanford and it looks like he redshirted his freshman year and then maybe played a tad on special teams his sophomore year, though this article from late August of this year states that Obi was one of the players getting ready to "appear for the first time in [his] Stanford career".

https://gostanford.com/news/2018/8/27/football.aspx

He's played 6 games this year and has 2 tackles from the game against UC Davis. (1 solo & 1 assist) I'm thinking that he might have thought that he'd playing a more important role by now.

https://gostanford.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=13980

Management science and Engineering? Assuming that is some sort of Operations or Industrial Engineering?