Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

22 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Question, were Malik, Joker, Hollywood, “The Punter” and Connor recognized last year on senior day?

Yea, the non Sr day stuff doesn't mean anything regards to if those guys are leaving early or not.  I'm pretty sure the only Jr's to be recognized on Sr day were the guys that were on track to graduate and we're just quitting football.  Two lineman come to mind but I can't remember their names.

Both CJ and LJH are ranked in the top 10 receiver list for the 2019 draft...

Not sure the ranking is right tough

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2805645-2019-nfl-draft-matt-millers-latest-big-board-ranking#slide0

1. Marquise Brown, Oklahoma

2. N'Keal Harry, Arizona State

3. A.J. Brown, Ole Miss

4. Collin Johnson, Texas

5. Kelvin Harmon, NC State

6. Lil'Jordan Humphrey, Texas

7. JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Stanford

8. Deebo Samuel, South Carolina

9. David Sills, West Virginia

10. Parris Campbell, Ohio State

1 hour ago, Sir Mikie Maik said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2805645-2019-nfl-draft-matt-millers-latest-big-board-ranking#slide0

3. A.J. Brown, Ole Miss

4. Collin Johnson, Texas

Johnson has more of  the "build" that NFL teams want to see (he's a little taller and looks physically stronger than LJH), and he's made more than enough highlight catches to get their attention. I wouldn't be surprised to see CJ get taken before LJH for those reasons, even though LJH has produced much more this year. 

Johnson has more of  the "build" that NFL teams want to see (he's a little taller and looks physically stronger than LJH), and he's made more than enough highlight catches to get their attention. I wouldn't be surprised to see CJ get taken before LJH for those reasons, even though LJH has produced much more this year. 

The last two weeks LJH has been nothing short of incredible. He’s far ahead of CJ in YAC and nearly as good in the air. I think LJH is better now and is a better pro prospect.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

The last two weeks LJH has been nothing short of incredible. He’s far ahead of CJ in YAC and nearly as good in the air. I think LJH is better now and is a better pro prospect.

NFL doesnt really give a fuck about college production. They mostly care about measurables and “potential.”

ill be shocked if ljh is drafted before johnson

4 hours ago, Sir Mikie Maik said:

3. A.J. Brown, Ole Miss

4. Collin Johnson, Texas

4 of 10 from the Big XII and does not include Butler from ISU, who is pretty salty.

On 11/11/2018 at 3:07 PM, taybo20 said:

We do need one more season... but those millions will be telling him otherwise

3rd round picks and later don't exactly make millions. Malik Jefferson (3rd) got a 900k signing bonus and is making the rookie minimum of 480k. Good money, but not exactly millions, especially if you don't get a 2nd contract. 

8 hours ago, Sir Mikie Maik said:

3. A.J. Brown, Ole Miss

4. Collin Johnson, Texas

They don't have that kid out of Colorado on there. Not sure I trust this list. 

On 11/10/2018 at 11:40 PM, victory88 said:

He's going top 3 rounds.  Dude has been moss'ing DBs every game.  He deserves it too.  Most talented WR we've seen on the 40 since quan and shipley.  Best "after the catch" WR we've every had.... dude runs like a fucking running back with the ball in space.

Roy was better. Roy was unreal. Roy is among the two or three best college WRs i've ever seen after the catch. I remember in Stillwater when he dragged like 8 guys for about 15 yards. I thought Roy was going to be like a smaller Anquan Bolden who was better after the catch in the NFL. Shame it didn't work out.

look at that monster:

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

Roy was better. Roy was unreal. Roy is among the two or three best college WRs i've ever seen after the catch. I remember in Stillwater when he dragged like 8 guys for about 15 yards. I thought Roy was going to be like a smaller Anquan Bolden who was better after the catch in the NFL. Shame it didn't work out.

look at that monster:

Was Roy a Running Back at Permian?

He ran like an RB in several of those highlights. I think that that's what makes LJH so special as well, he runs like the former RB that he was. So much more spacial awareness that is honed over years of being "The Guy" with the ball.

6 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

wow, anyone got a link?

Bobby Burton, who was nails at WR evals that year

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Ranking-assessing-Texas-Longhorns-24-player-2016-class-43484069/

#23: Reggie Hemphill-Mapps

- I struggle with Hemphill-Mapps because he was rarely utilized at Manvel. He has really good speed and body control. But is he a future starter? Not sure.

#24: Lil'Jordan Humphrey

- Humphrey is a well-rounded, heady player but not sure what he does great quite yet or how he's going to fit. If he had a position set in stone, it'd be much easier to assess where I think he should be ranked.

Edited by texifornia

14 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Agree.  What WR metric will CJ be better at?  Vertical jump, I suppose?  He's not significantly taller nor faster than LJH, and as you say LJH YAC potential is far superior. 

I think LJH gets drafted higher than CJ and also has a better NFL career.  I don't think CJ is going to be a bust or anything but LJH is a player that a good OC can deploy in many different looks to exploit a mismatch.  He's a black Travis Kelce.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, d.plainview872 said:

I think CJ has height and route running over LJH. Just slightly. But I think LJH has agility and elusivness over CJ. Different type of recievers but they are very good at using their abilities to be NFL grade material.

LJ has better ball skills and is a better playmaker imo

Agree.  What WR metric will CJ be better at?  Vertical jump, I suppose?  He's not significantly taller nor faster than LJH, and as you say LJH YAC potential is far superior. 
Yeah I'm pretty certain LJH's shuttle time will be better than CJ. As for other metrics the only thing I think CJ has over LJH is his 40 time.

15 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

look at that monster:

Not a fair comparison. Roy had Greg Davis designing plays for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

quickly becoming one of my favorite longhorns of all time.  if he comes back next year he'll be legendary. 

my pipe dream is that herman can sell him on trying to win a national title, competing for the belitnikoff/heisman, and enjoying one ore year of being a college god at the University of Texas. Probably won't happen, but it'd be a lot cooler if it did.

On 11/14/2018 at 1:55 AM, Goo Punch said:

look at that monster:

Roy was awesome against inferior competition

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

my pipe dream is that herman can sell him on trying to win a national title, competing for the belitnikoff/heisman, and enjoying one ore year of being a college god at the University of Texas. Probably won't happen, but it'd be a lot cooler if it did.

mama says he's coming back.

LJH will be a 3rd round pick at best. NFL scouts will see the YAC and recognize that that won't happen at the next level. Michael Thomas was at the end of the 2nd round, Tyreek Hill in the 5th, fucking Antonio Brown was taken in the 6th. How success in the NFL will be determined by the team he goes to and the QB throwing to him just like every other WR in the league

Edited by Michael Knight