Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

On 12/8/2018 at 7:04 PM, hookem48 said:

LJH is a slot receiver, not sure why he reminds anyone of Julio Jones.

Wouldn't he be more comparable to modern Larry Fitzgerald - moving to slot extended Larry's career and he has been very effective in that role. LJH could be deployed in a similar fashion, though the league seems to be moving more towards the Hollywood Brown type WRs.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 7:04 PM, hookem48 said:

LJH is a slot receiver, not sure why he reminds anyone of Julio Jones.

He can play anywhere and I still wonder if he's better utilized outside. 

When CJ was injured against Tech they put him outside a lot. Tech couldn't cover him. If Texas had better options inside I wouldn't be shocked if Texas played LJH outside. 

Which is why I want to see LJH return and see how the staff utilizes him. Under the assumption somebody from the current recruiting class comes in and gives Texas more options at slot. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

He can play anywhere and I still wonder if he's better utilized outside. 

When CJ was injured against Tech they put him outside a lot. Tech couldn't cover him. If Texas had better options inside I wouldn't be shocked if Texas played LJH outside. 

Which is why I want to see LJH return and see how the staff utilizes him. Under the assumption somebody from the current recruiting class comes in and gives Texas more options at slot. 

Jake Smith is going to lock down the slot with his sneaky white-boy speed. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Under the assumption somebody from the current recruiting class comes in and gives Texas more options at slot. 

Jake Smith, Jordan Whittington, and Joshua Moore will all get looks at the slot. But if LJH returns, I'm sure we'll find some way to feature him.

11 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Jake Smith, Jordan Whittington, and Joshua Moore will all get looks at the slot. But if LJH returns, I'm sure we'll find some way to feature him.

I think you feature him exactly how they used him against Tech. Put him outside and throw the ball in the air. Let him make plays against smaller DBs. 

Crazy enough I think LJH is better at the point of attack than CJ. But that isn't surprising given his basketball background. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I think you feature him exactly how they used him against Tech. Put him outside and throw the ball in the air. Let him make plays against smaller DBs. 

Crazy enough I think LJH is better at the point of attack than CJ. But that isn't surprising given his basketball background. 

Recruiting WRs, Ima be looking for 6-3 to 6-7 guys who made at least All-District due to rebounding skillz. Also needs to be able to palm a basketball strongly enough that the coach can't slap it out of his hand. 

• Like 1

NFL: “You do not have a first round grade.”
Multiple UT players: “K thx where do I register for the draft?”
What was the point of the evaluation? I assume they get some unofficial feedback from sources their coaches and (legit) agents trust?

I’m guessing they get most of their advice from relatives and hangers on who think they will benefit from some of that NFL money

On 12/17/2018 at 1:18 PM, Gene Parmesan said:

Last year with our batch of JRs leaving I believe it was posted that the NFL is really vague in it's guidance like they only tell you if you are have a first round grade or not.  Is that the case?

I think as of right now it's either you get a potential first round grade, potential second round grade, or neither of these.  So only three classifications.

• 2 weeks later...

I love what LJ has done for us. This year we absolutely needed him. With CJ returning and the promising freshmen we just signed, I think the loss will sting much less should he decide to go for money now. I appreciate that he is helping his team in the bowl. The vibe I get is that he is set on leaving. He will believe and tell himself and others many things, but if he is like most humans, this decision was made long ago. Honestly I am not sure how much better his grade is going to get.

Edited by Magus Ossis

2 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I love what LJ has done for us. This year we absolutely needed him. With CJ returning and the promising freshmen we just signed, I think the loss will sting much less should he decide to go for money now. I appreciate that he is helping his team in the bowl. The vibe I get is that he is set on leaving. He will believe and tell himself and others many things, but if he is like most humans, this decision was made long ago. Honestly I am not sure how much better his grade is going to get.

Excellent points. I think he is gone. I think you are right about his draft grade.

From an ESPN article with quotes from players after the game. Doesn't sound like he's going anywhere

"We're gonna see," Texas receiver Lil'Jordan Humphrey said. "We've got a whole other season next year and a whole lot of work to do this offseason, so we're gonna see."

• Like 3