Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

54 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Y'all should probably look up Julio's yardage totals over the past 5 seasons before this discussion gets any more retarded.

We’re debating two different things. My original comment was LJH has the physical attributes to compete at Jones’ level. With the caveat of receiving proper NFL coaching. I certainly understand some disagreeing with that sentiment.

So far as Jones and his 5 years of accumulative stats. They are essentially meaningless when put into perspective. He was far more effective with Shanahan then he will ever be with Sark. Dan Quinn made it to the Super Bowl with Shanahan. Atlanta has become vanilla under Sark. Not to mention Jones did a far better job of running routes under Shanahan, especially when plays broke down. For all of Atlanta’s supposed weapons, Jones no longer is the threat he was two years ago. Nor is the Atlanta offense.

5 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

We’re debating two different things. My original comment was LJH has the physical attributes to compete at Jones’ level. With the caveat of receiving proper NFL coaching. I certainly understand some disagreeing with that sentiment.

So far as Jones and his 5 years of accumulative stats. They are essentially meaningless when put into perspective. He was far more effective with Shanahan then he will ever be with Sark. Dan Quinn made it to the Super Bowl with Shanahan. Atlanta has become vanilla under Sark. Not to mention Jones did a far better job of running routes under Shanahan, especially when plays broke down. For all of Atlanta’s supposed weapons, Jones no longer is the threat he was two years ago. Nor is the Atlanta offense.

From what I can tell you seem like a nice guy that I'd love to get a BBQ sandwich and a couple of beers with and shoot the shit...

But my God you have some bad takes. He's about to record his 5th straight 1400 yard season. Has any receiver ever even done that? I'm not sure Rice ever did that.

Julio is posting 110 YPG on the season which - if it holds - would be his 3rd time in 5 seasons leading the league in ypg.

3 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

I don’t think you realize how many athletes have come out of college with the “physical attributes to compete at jones’ level.”  julio jones is good because he can focus and dedicate himself to getting better on a daily basis and he works his fucking ass off all the fucking time.  it also helps that he’s 6’3”  220 but that’s not why he’s good.   for every success story in the NFL there are 50 guys or 500 just as physically talented who pissed it away because they didn’t have it between the ears.  

Just now, ztejas said:

From what I can tell you seem like a nice guy that I'd love to get a BBQ sandwich and a couple of beers with and shoot the shit...

But my God you have some bad takes. He's about to record his 5th straight 1400 yard season. Has any receiver ever even done that? I'm not sure Rice ever did that.

Julio is posting 110 YPG on the season which - if it holds - would be his 3rd time in 5 seasons leading the league in ypg.

I agree 1400 yards is a great stat for negotiation your contract. And why he held out, and didn’t report to camp. But give me 1000 yards and more touchdowns. I would take Brown, Beckham and probably Green over Jones as of today. And I’m not the only one who sees it that way.

1 minute ago, futureman said:

I don’t think you realize how many athletes have come out of college with the “physical attributes to compete at jones’ level.”  julio jones is good because he can focus and dedicate himself to getting better on a daily basis and he works his fucking ass off all the fucking time.  it also helps that he’s 6’3”  220 but that’s not why he’s good.   for every success story in the NFL there are 50 guys or 500 just as physically talented who pissed it away because they didn’t have it between the ears.  

Jesus fucking Christ man. I clearly pointed that out.

5 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

I agree 1400 yards is a great stat for negotiation your contract. And why he held out, and didn’t report to camp. But give me 1000 yards and more touchdowns. I would take Brown, Beckham and probably Green over Jones as of today. And I’m not the only one who sees it that way.

Dude. 1400 is 1400. You're drawing a pretty absrud line. 

Btw - I was right. Rice never strung together more than 3 1400 yd seasons in his career. I get that was a different era, but we're also talking about a guy whose career receiving record will never be touched. (granted Rice had a stretch of close to 13,000 yards in just 9 seasons, but still)

Just now, futureman said:

where?  I saw you rambling on about coaching and other irrelevant drivel. 

We’re debating two different things. My original comment was LJH has the physical attributes to compete at Jones’ level. With the caveat of receiving proper NFL coaching. I certainly understand some disagreeing with that sentiment.

I didn’t say LJH was as good, would ever be that good, or would make the Pro Bowl. I said that he possess things you can’t coach or are difficult to change. Height, weight and strength, things that can limit a receiver. Hell, he may fucking flop. As you pointed out, he wouldn’t be the first.

I’m sorry, I like the guy. I think he is something special. I also think he hasn’t been utilized properly. But I made no guarantees he would be great. Just that he could.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Dude. 1400 is 1400. You're drawing a pretty absrud line. 

Btw - I was right. Rice never strung together more than 3 1400 yd seasons in his career. I get that was a different era, but we're also talking about a guy whose career receiving record will never be touched. (granted Rice had a stretch of close to 13,000 yards in just 9 seasons, but still)

You’re right man. I concede. I appreciate your input.

• Like 1

Just now, Hamttx said:

We’re debating two different things. My original comment was LJH has the physical attributes to compete at Jones’ level. With the caveat of receiving proper NFL coaching. I certainly understand some disagreeing with that sentiment.

I didn’t say LJH was as good, would ever be that good, or would make the Pro Bowl. I said that he possess things you can’t coach or are difficult to change. Height, weight and strength, things that can limit a receiver. Hell, he may fucking flop. As you pointed out, he wouldn’t be the first.

I’m sorry, I like the guy. I think he is something special. I also think he hasn’t been utilized properly. But I made no guarantees he would be great. Just that he could.

breathe.  all I’m saying is that he’s not special because of his measurables, he’s special because he’s a goddamn jedi who has the unquantifiable ability to be better at football than most of his peers.  his “height, weight and strength” is comparable to a hundred draftable receivers in just the last decade probably.  it’s essentially irrelevant.  

He’s not going to have eye popping numbers at the combine, when ever he goes. But the dude just has a knack for the game of football, i.e how good he is getting yards after the catch. Also he’s been reliable like we haven’t seen in a long time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

So you're not Loyal Forever?  GTFO!  lol

I'll have you know that Austin High kicks fucking ass at UIL One Act Play - we have 4 state titles and 3 in the last 10 years. 

Also everyone smokes a bunch of pot and gets into drugs earlier than they should. 

#loyalforeverbitch

• Like 2

I don’t claim to have an eye for football talent and typically don’t even attempt to predict NFL success. Watching Jones in college, even I thought he was one of the most talented receivers I’d ever seen. AJ Green received all the hype that year, if I remember correctly, but I would have taken Jones if I had to make a choice. I also don’t give a shit about touchdowns. More yards means more opportunities for the team to score touchdowns. That’s like devaluing the greatest OL ever because he never scored a touchdown.

2 hours ago, Hamttx said:

Look up what Jones did in 2010. Compare it to what LJH has done this year. He is also taller then Jones, 10 lbs heavier and better in the weight room. Get him NFL coaching to exploit his physical advantages. And as far as I’m concerned he has the ability to be far better. 

Jones is a disappearing act in the Atlanta offense when things get physical. He gets doubled and gets lazy, because it is tough to have DB’s on your ass the entire game. Yes he can make some great catches, but he also has some really bad drops.

To be fair Jesus Christ had his career shortened by injury, was known to be too unselfish & and teammates didn't always have his back.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

To be fair Jesus Christ had his career shortened by injury, was known to be too unselfish & and teammates didn't always have his back.

Dude was nails when he got his hands on the ball, but he couldn’t run a crossing route to save his life. Also, I didn’t like it when he would Tebow after a big play.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, futureman said:

No there aren't. Dude ran a 4.3 at 6'3" 220 lbs. There aren't 5 guys much less 500 just as physically talented as him. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hamttx said:

Julio_Jones_SC_MD.png

Sticking strictly to physical attributes, If LJ's radar chart looks like this post-combine, I'll cut off my dick and eat it. 

I don’t think he’ll have a very good 40-time (or shuttle) and that will kill his draft stock despite domination on the field for one year. If he puts 2 years of domination on tape (with no suspensions/benchings), then I can see him improving his stock 1-2 rounds.  With one good year and a 4.58 type 40, he’s a 4th rounder at best.  

If LJ doesn't have a good shuttle time, he's gonna raise even more concerns. His athletic sell is that he's a 6'4 guy who can change direction like a 5'10 guy. He doesn't run great routes and still struggles to get open consistently though. In the NFL, I dunno how often he'd get the opportunity to Moss short, not very good Big 12 corners. Making contested catches is good, but he needs to be able to create easier throws for his QB.

Edited by Atticus
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, EZ$ said:

I don’t think he’ll have a very good 40-time (or shuttle) and that will kill his draft stock despite domination on the field for one year. If he puts 2 years of domination on tape (with no suspensions/benchings), then I can see him improving his stock 1-2 rounds.  With one good year and a 4.58 type 40, he’s a 4th rounder at best.  

I actually think his shuttle will be exceptional relative to his size. 

22 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Unfortunately for LJ, my meat's connection to my body is at 0 risk. That said, you might be very interested in tracking BTC for the ~2 years if this sort of proposition excites you

https://diegorod.github.io/WillMcAfeeEatHisOwnDick/

Omg I just book marked this site. I’m crying real tears hahah

11 hours ago, EZ$ said:

this is why I should be employed by NFL teams as a GM.  LJH is a football player, pure and simple.  he has the unquantifiable “it”.   he is going to do in the NFL what he did this season at Texas.  I’d take him in the 2nd round even if he ran a 4.6 at the combine.  

11 hours ago, Atticus said:

If LJ doesn't have a good shuttle time, he's gonna raise even more concerns. His athletic sell is that he's a 6'4 guy who can change direction like a 5'10 guy. He doesn't run great routes and still struggles to get open consistently though. In the NFL, I dunno how often he'd get the opportunity to Moss short, not very good Big 12 corners. Making contested catches is good, but he needs to be able to create easier throws for his QB.

your criticisms are weak and flaccid.  LJH understand the little nuances of the game that allow him to beat people.  he knows how to catch the damn ball and he understands football.  he is different than most of the players on the field.  people will understand on sundays. 

• Like 1