Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

4 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

From an ESPN article with quotes from players after the game. Doesn't sound like he's going anywhere

I was just coming here to see if this was posted. Yep, it sounds like, as of immediately after the game, he was/is dead set on returning.

"We're gonna see," Texas receiver Lil'Jordan Humphrey said. "We've got a whole other season next year and a whole lot of work to do this offseason, so we're gonna see."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25665485/sam-ehlinger-texas-longhorns-declare-back-sugar-bowl-win

(Last paragraph of the "We're Back" article.

10 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Shooting from the hip, but it seems like huge WRs have the least to fear from career ending injuries of any type of player on the field. He's more likely to inflict one on somebody else. 

i don't think it's an issue of injury, as much as him ready to be in the nfl/get paid (if he was to leave).  at least that's the type of thing i feel like i've heard.  it'll be based on draft grade i would imagine.

48 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i don't think it's an issue of injury, as much as him ready to be in the nfl/get paid (if he was to leave).  at least that's the type of thing i feel like i've heard.  it'll be based on draft grade i would imagine.

Yeah  fear of injury is just the more palatable thing to say instead of I want to get paid. 

Just now, Post Oak said:

One of the things I like about this team and program is the OL always seem to be running downfield to clean up or push the pile. 

I've waited far too long for that kind of attitude and effort.

I just said the same exact thing to my cousin. Feels awesome.

On 12/30/2018 at 3:26 PM, rungeflash said:

Whatever they want to call it.......even dirt burglar and trust hamm's pool clean'n service knows this is a question between 2-3.....not 4-5-6

SECRANT's game thread was pretty good. When you have OU fans talking about the fit Georgia is going to have with our two recievers, you know they are pretty good.

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

One of the things I like about this team and program is the OL always seem to be running downfield to clean up or push the pile. 

I've waited far too long for that kind of attitude and effort.

1 hour ago, PsychMike said:

I just said the same exact thing to my cousin. Feels awesome.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Shooting from the hip, but it seems like huge WRs have the least to fear from career ending injuries of any type of player on the field. He's more likely to inflict one on somebody else. 

First time I decided he was one of my favorite players was when he ran the wildcat for almost 20 yards and decapitated a Terrapin last season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Need gif of him raming the Linebacker and picking up another 10 yards 

edit. Found it 

That clip ends with two Georgia players leaving their feet and tackling him simultaneously at the sideline. He shook both of them off and didn’t go down.

31 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Amazing stuff. Have we ever had a WR that physical before?  He can juke you, run away from you, run you over, break tackles and push the pile. 

There was a player called Roy Williams before your time that was exactly like that. LJH reminds me a lot of him.

Edited by Helobious

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

There was a player called Roy Williams before your time that was exactly like that. LJH reminds me a lot of him.

2003 - VY to Roy and Benson too.  Yet got blown out by OU and lost to Wash St in the Holiday. Mystery of Life. 

6 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Our linemen ran 20 yards to go push the pile.  I've never seen that happen under any other regime at UT.

That is how a pride of Fuck Lions behave.

Herman definitely had the team worked up into a frenzy for this game. They were playing like Viking Berserkers unleashing Hell onto their enemies.

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

False.  He's basing the decision whether to return on the quality and quantity of fans' message board pleas.  C'mon people, grovel.

9 minutes ago, texashorne said:

Just curious..Did we get away with ineligible receivers downfield? I saw 2 olineman, one of which was farther that LJH.. 

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

The ref on the broadcast said it was legal because he caught the ball behind the LOS

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yes, they first said it looked illegal and then corrected themselves because of the los.  

Yeah the broadcast team was wrong for the correction (shocker), he caught it about a yard past the LOS so it should've been a penalty. Doesn't change the fact that it was a grown man run after the catch. 

38 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I would disagree with that statement. Roy had a ton of wiggle and a better top end than LJH.

LJH has more “F you ima get the first down/score despite you having 4 guys in position to tackle me”.

Agree. Roy was a burner especially for his size.  LJH is more physical but damn if there weren’t a couple similar plays in that Roy highlight.

i always thought LJH reminded me of fitz. Not a burner but a freak athlete and physical. (No racist cuz dreads)

Yes, LJH's running style (look at the 10+ yards after knocking the LB back) reminds me of Ricky lot more than Roy. The same strong man run (wide and choppy feet rather than long strides), lowering shoulder to knock people and shoulder shake to shrug them off. In a WR role with good hands and single tackler to beat, LJH does what Ricky would do to a single tackler, guaranteed yards after contact until the tackler's teammates get around to him.