Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

On 11/11/2018 at 12:29 AM, futureman said:

maybe he just really loves his teammates and his school and decides to pass up that money for one more year because he’s a hard working lunch-pail american hero.  

Does his girlfriend go to UT. You know the one.

Maybe pussy is undefeated. 

Even against LJ

He leaves now, hes a 4-5th round pick

he comes back, he could maybe be a fringe 1st rounder

Curious - what do you think he can improve that would so drastically change his draft position? To me, I don't see how his numbers get any better next year - his statistics are ridiculously efficient and would almost certainly regress some. Not to say that would diminish his impact on the field. But I'm also not well versed in evaluating the technical side of WR play so I could be missing something.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I’m all for him coming back but I don’t think this is a realistic take.  He showed basically what he can be this season. Playing another one and showing the same tools is not going to drastically improve his stock.  I’d like to see him used more out of the wildcat but he’s already shown that. 

Edited by ClubWhatever
Didn’t see previous reply

22 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

He needs to spend the offseason improving his top line speed on the track and the guy would be a first rounder next year. If he runs 4.4 he would be a lock.

LJH is going to be a hell of a pro. Any team that drafts him will improve on that side of the ball immediately. I think a better version of Julio Jones.

Better than Julio Jones? So he’s gonna be a top 10-20 WR of all time? Seems...bold...
  • Like 2

On 12/2/2018 at 1:11 PM, gurt said:

Better than Julio Jones? So he’s gonna be a top 10-20 WR of all time? Seems...bold...

Look up what Jones did in 2010. Compare it to what LJH has done this year. He is also taller then Jones, 10 lbs heavier and better in the weight room. Get him NFL coaching to exploit his physical advantages. And as far as I’m concerned he has the ability to be far better. 

Jones is a disappearing act in the Atlanta offense when things get physical. He gets doubled and gets lazy, because it is tough to have DB’s on your ass the entire game. Yes he can make some great catches, but he also has some really bad drops.

9 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Look up what Jones did in 2010. Compare it to what LJH has done this year. He is also taller then Jones, 10 lbs heavier and better in the weight room. Get him NFL coaching to exploit his physical advantages. And as far as I’m concerned he has the ability to be far better. 

Jones is a disappearing act in the Atlanta offense when things get physical. He gets doubled and gets lazy, because it is tough to have DB’s on your ass the entire game. Yes he can make some great catches, but he also has some really bad drops.

I think that comp is within reach and it's the productivity that you cite that makes it possible.  Jones is more of a freak athlete who can make spectacular catches against tight coverage.  LJ has that ability more due to size and strength than acrobatic ability and balance.  But LJ also has the skill of finding soft spots in the zone, more so right now than Jones did as a rookie in the league.  It's OK to get your productivity by being where the defenders aren't as well as defeating them with individual athletic ability.

That skill is what makes Humphrey such a threat from the slot.  Knowing the NFL, some coach will see his size and try to force him to play outside WR, failing to take advantage of half of LJ's game.

Edited by sushihorn

45 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

I think that comp is within reach and it's the productivity that you cite that makes it possible.  Jones is more of a freak athlete who can make spectacular catches against tight coverage.  LJ has that ability more due to size and strength than acrobatic ability and balance.  But LJ also has the skill of finding soft spots in the zone, more so right now than Jones did as a rookie in the league.  It's OK to get your productivity by being where the defenders aren't as well as defeating them with individual athletic ability.

That skill is what makes Humphrey such a threat from the slot.  Knowing the NFL, some coach will see his size and try to force him to play outside WR, failing to take advantage of half of LJ's game.

Uhh, did you watch LJH this year? The WV game?

Just now, Lhorn said:

I was going to say “if Larry Fitzgerald and Megatron had a baby” but yeah, I agree 

If Larry Fitz and Megatron DPed Jerry Rice while Julio was filming from the closet and then that tape fell into Randy Moss' hands and he played it while impregnating Serena William's then that child would be Lil'Jordan Humphrey.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 6:28 PM, Atticus said:

I hope he balls out during the process if he leaves early. I'd be shocked if he is picked day 2 without a sub 4.6 40. If he comes back and shows improved route running, I could see him playing his way into being a 2nd round pick.

so you think what is standing between him and a 2nd round grade is route running?  interesting.