Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

30 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Management science and Engineering? Assuming that is some sort of Operations or Industrial Engineering?  

https://msande.stanford.edu/overview

From our beginnings as a merger of three existing departments—Operations Research, Industrial Engineering-Engineering Management, and Engineering-Economic Systems—we have become one of the most respected Management Science and Engineering departments in the world.

36 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Management Science and Engineering? Assuming that is some sort of Operations or Industrial Engineering?  

I got the feeling that it is a "Management Degree" that focuses on understanding the terms, fields, and necessary steps (including possible pitfalls) of being a project manager-to-COO of a company in the Tech/Science world. Anything from a company that builds apps to bio-medical and everything "geeky" in between.

If that degree existed at Texas State, you'd kind of roll your eyes. But since there is a little bit of history of technical companies being found and/or based near the Stanford campus, with many of them starting ON the Stanford campus, I would think that there is a different perception of that major on a piece of parchment with a Tree on it.

EDIT: Was writing this up while texifornia posted and didn't see the description of the major.

17 minutes ago, zork said:

anyone else just notice that LJH did the belly celebration after his snatch TD grab vs OU in that video above?  made an already pleasant video memory even better.

I saw that. It was quick, but I loved it. I thought that it was pure greatness.

CJ & LJH on the field at the same time is insane. I'm still gutted over that Maryland loss. This team just keeps improving and they are such a TEAM too.

Edited by Napoleon

I would just like to add fuckyou @SteelEER for your ignorance and trying to shame someone else for the name their parents gave them. Even though you are now banned, I hope you have fun rotting in your own filth because you are a despicable human. I see exactly what you were getting at with your bullshit and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Your views have no place in this world and absolutely no place on this site. I hope immamac ipbans your dumbass.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

He's going to get paid, regardless.

The real questions to me have always been

Having another great year will add how much to my career NFL income? Would being early entry get me an extra year of pay-for-play?  How much would having a shit year cost me? What's the availability / cost of injury insurance?

I don't keep up with NFL evals and contracts at all, but I suspect that LJ is impressive enough that the answer to the first question is "probably not much, but it couldn't hurt", while the third one is "it couldn't help" and the second one is "probably", and the last one is "probably more than you can afford, but maybe a BMD can help in a legal sorta way.

Were I in his shoes, I think I'd be leaning toward getting paid, assuming that his draft location is projected reasonably high. 

Don’t think they will fall to 5-7th round.  They are both having dominating years.  Their size is not coachable.  If LJH finishes the season with 1000 yards and 10+ TDS.... he’s going 2-4th round.   Same with Collin.  Jefferson had one good year of film and was taken in the 3rd round mainly bc he has speed that other LBs don’t.  Elliot dropped bc there is nothing elite about his skill set.  Both Collin and LJH are considered top 20 WR prospects with their size.  9.95rs are saying LJH is gone.  Collin is likely to declare too but seems like since money isn’t an issue for him, he’s more likely of the two to come back.  Apparently he loves being at UT, but we’ve heard that plenty of times. 

Edited by victory88
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

Don’t think they will fall to 5-7th round.  They are both having dominating years.  Their size is not coachable.  If LJH finishes the season with 1000 yards and 10+ TDS.... he’s going 2-4th round.   Same with Collin.  Jefferson had one good year of film and was taken in the 3rd round mainly bc he has speed that other LBs don’t.  Elliot dropped bc there is nothing elite about his skill set.  Both Collin and LJH are considered top 20 WR prospects with their size.  9.95rs are saying LJH is gone.  Collin is likely to declare too but seems like since money isn’t an issue for him, he’s more likely of the two to come back.  Apparently he loves being at UT, but we’ve heard that plenty of times. 

Stats don't matter as much as skillset. This is also his first year of real production. LJ is on the radar, but his 2nd day pick mock draft projections won't hold up once he goes through the process. He probably needs another year to show growth than CJ does.

CJ is basically what he's gonna be at this point. He's playing a bit more aggressive now, but he only has so much more of his game to show. 

They're probably both mid day 3 picks right now.

13 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Jefferson and Elliott likely would have made a ton more money had they stayed another year. 

So will Johnson and LJH, but theyll both prolly go pro and be drafted in the 5th or 6th rounds

12 hours ago, victory88 said:

I think that LJH would be drafted before Collin Johnson if they both go pro, but I don't think that either would slip past the 4th round.

LJH is a former RB who still runs like an RB after he gets the ball. He can play slot or out wide and he can also run the wildcat. He would be one of the best Christmas presents that any offensive coordinator could ask for. If he can fun a 4.55-4.6, he will go early and will play immediately.

I would also be over the moon if the Cowboys got him in the 3rd round, but I don't know if they can spend what would amount to their 1st round pick & their 3rd round pick on WRs in the 2019 draft.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

LJH is a former RB who still runs like an RB after he gets the ball. He can play slot or out wide and he can also run the wildcat. He would be one of the best Christmas presents that any offensive coordinator could ask for. If he can fun a 4.55-4.6, he will go early and will play immediately.

I think the term you are looking for is “Swiss army knife”

You would think that after last year's draft, people here would learn to not overrate our players. If either guy had long speed, I could see them getting drafted before day 3. 

They'll both struggle to get open in the NFL, and CJ will likely struggle to get off the line too. Doesn't matter how good you are after the catch if you don't get open to make catches. Size and production could get someone to take a flyer on them late.

59 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I think the term you are looking for is “Swiss army knife”

Swiss Army Knife is not a compliment IMO. 

LJH is extraordinarily good at several things. Swiss army knives aren't really good at anything except having lots of below average blades, a weakass corkscrew, shitty scissors, and even shittier tweezers. 

If LJH is being described in knife terms, he would be a premium set of Henckels, etc

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, El Squared said:

LJH is extraordinarily good at several things. Swiss army knives aren't really good at anything except having lots of below average blades, a weakass corkscrew, shitty scissors, and even shittier tweezers. 

If LJH is being described in knife terms, he would be a premium set of Henckels, etc

I agree. Just poking fun at Herman’s description of him. 

21 hours ago, RPM said:

From your lips to Jerrah's ears. Would love to see LJH in Dallas.

please no. i'd rather have the latest madden champ calling plays for LJH than that shit show in Dallas. The Cowboys are one of the least innovative, least creative, most boring teams to watch in all of football, at any level. I have no clue why that organization hasn't cleaned house. Imagine if Dallas had canned Garrett and hired McVey. Then i'd be thrilled for LJH to go there. 

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

40 times don't mean shit for WRs anyway. I mean not unless you're running a 4.9 or something. The GOAT was a legit 4.6 guy. if you can play you can play. 

Also considering their height. No one expected them to run the 40 times of 5’8” guys 

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

They still mean something as to where they will be drafted.

Marquez Valdes Scantling was a 6'4 guy with big hands and sub 4.4 speed. He went in the 5th round. This is a guy who was running wide open on many plays for USF.

I love both of our guys, but they should both come back to school another year. Allen Lazard was more productive over a longer period of time, and he went undrafted.

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

Marquez Valdes Scantling was a 6'4 guy with big hands and sub 4.4 speed. He went in the 5th round. This is a guy who was running wide open on many plays for USF.

I love both of our guys, but they should both come back to school another year. Allen Lazard was more productive over a longer period of time, and he went undrafted.

It’s not the only thing that matters but it certainly matters.

6 hours ago, El Squared said:

I think more of a particular LionSteel knife.  Excellent grade blade steel, glass breaker that works extremely well, and an o2 wrench that not only does as designed but also works as a great bottle opener and a wave opening function of the folder.  

15 minutes ago, Llogg said:

You think Malik at USF with the production he had gets drafted at all?

I think the NFL does a fairly good job evaluating talent along the fringes.  A lot of guys come from some southwestern middle state college that most people couldn't place on a map. 

13 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

I think the NFL does a fairly good job evaluating talent along the fringes.  A lot of guys come from some southwestern middle state college that most people couldn't place on a map. 

But with dominance at those schools. I love Malik, but his performance at UT was definitely not dominant. Had he had that performance at a mid-tier school he would not have been on the radar.

8 minutes ago, Llogg said:

But with dominance at those schools. I love Malik, but his performance at UT was definitely not dominant. Had he had that performance at a mid-tier school he would not have been on the radar.

put him up against the tulsas and Texas states of the world and I bet he would have been very dominant.