Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

Maybe unpopular opinion, but I think Colin can improve his draft stock more than LJH by coming back as LJH's main concern is probably top end speed and he can't really improve on that as much as Colin can improve on his perceived NFL weaknesses.  I still hope LJH comes back though as he could be an incredibly dominant WR next year in college football.

21 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yeah the broadcast team was wrong for the correction (shocker), he caught it about a yard past the LOS so it should've been a penalty. Doesn't change the fact that it was a grown man run after the catch. 

This is sort of correct. It's not an ineligible receiver downfield penalty because none of the ineligible receivers were more than 3 yards downfield. That's part of the (dumb) rule change a few years back.

But because the pass crossed the neutral zone by about 18 inches (it's where the ball is when first touched, not where the receiver is when he fully catches it) it should have been offensive pass interference on Beck and possibly even Johnson. But considering the dozens of times we've watched OU receivers get into the open field when the Sooners broke this rule over the past two decades I don't really give a shit.

image.png

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 2

Just now, texashorne said:

LJH can improve his draft stock if he has a full year returning kicks and punts.. And does well at this.. 

I would mind seeing him lineup in the backfield more as well. His touches need to increase,keep Sam from having to get those tough yards on the ground. 

Now starting at running back, bugs bunny.  At wide receiver, bugs bunny.  Slot, bugs binning. Tight end, bugs bunny.  Kick return, bugs bunny.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lerka Lerka said:

I'm thinking Brennan Eagles here. 

For LJ? I don't know if we have someone like him on the roster. If Elijah Higgins committed to Texas, then him, but he didn't.

I assume we'll replace him with a more "conventional" slot, such as Jake Smith, Joshua Moore, or Jordan Whittington.

• Like 1

If he’s gone, we have Moore here and Whittington and smith coming in for slot, and guys like Burt, duvernay, eagles, and Woodard to compete for the other outside wr. 

But I wouldn’t mind seeing some sets next year with CJ and LJH I’m the outside, jake in the slot, and Whittington in the backfield.  Then based on defensive slip and personnel, you could run Jordan or flex him to the other slot, and still have the qb run option too. 

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

For LJ? I don't know if we have someone like him on the roster. If Elijah Higgins committed to Texas, then him, but he didn't.

I assume we'll replace him with a more "conventional" slot, such as Jake Smith, Joshua Moore, or Jordan Whittington.

Either Jamison has a great offseason and contributes here as well or he helps with the CB battle and depth lots of us are concerned with right now. I rarely see D'Shawn mentioned on here for either position but I still think he can contribute at one of those spots.

He got a little unlucky on Tuesday night because he was going to get the ball when Ehlinger and Watson mishandled this exchange:

(29:00 mark)

And he had a step on the LB toward the sideline with two blockers on the other two defenders.

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Either Jamison has a great offseason and contributes here as well or he helps with the CB battle and depth lots of us are concerned with right now. I rarely see D'Shawn mentioned on here for either position but I still think he can contribute at one of those spots.

He got a little unlucky on Tuesday night because he was going to get the ball when Ehlinger and Watson mishandled this exchange:

(29:00 mark)

And he had a step on the LB toward the sideline with two blockers on the other two defenders.

I don't see Jamison playing over Whittington or Smith (or even J. Moore after another offseason). If he does, then we'll have an embarrassment of riches to work with.

I don't know how Jamison fits at defense but I think there's a role for him somewhere.

19 hours ago, AeroHorn said:

Yes, LJH's running style (look at the 10+ yards after knocking the LB back) reminds me of Ricky lot more than Roy. The same strong man run (wide and choppy feet rather than long strides), lowering shoulder to knock people and shoulder shake to shrug them off. In a WR role with good hands and single tackler to beat, LJH does what Ricky would do to a single tackler, guaranteed yards after contact until the tackler's teammates get around to him.

So.......a skinny Brandon Jacobs who also plays a different position?

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

I don't see Jamison playing over Whittington or Smith (or even J. Moore after another offseason). If he does, then we'll have an embarrassment of riches to work with.

I don't know how Jamison fits at defense but I think there's a role for him somewhere.

Thought Jamison's Mom recently tweeted that she couldn't wait to see him on Defense again??

Edited by LTtxfan

53 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Exactly.  But more like a tall Adrian Peterson split out in the slot.

I get it now, like if Jevon Kearse and Jermaine Kearse switched bodies...you know, Jermon Kearse.

Edited by JBJ

18 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Burt is likely slated for the DD role. Mainly to run go routes and posts really fast, and occasionally hitch up when coverage bails to his side. Or the JH role. 

I didn't chart it or anything, but I think JH spent more time playing in the slot spelling LJH than he did at Z backing up DD.

20 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I didn't chart it or anything, but I think JH spent more time playing in the slot spelling LJH than he did at Z backing up DD.

I was thinking more of the super athletic yet generally WR skills challenged player who catches a pass every other game position than actual specified position. 

On 1/2/2019 at 5:51 PM, Lhorn said:

I think LJs got more wiggle than Roy had. Roy reminds me more of Collin

On 1/2/2019 at 6:03 PM, Bobby_Batronic said:

I would disagree with that statement. Roy had a ton of wiggle and a better top end than LJH.

LJH has more “F you ima get the first down/score despite you having 4 guys in position to tackle me”.

Didn't Roy play RB some at Permian? 

I think that the way these two run has a lot to do with the fact that they have years of experience as an RB. Roy was faster and didn't look for contact as much whereas LJH is more of a bulldozer, but they both have a lot of RB in their WR game.