The BigXII should replace Baylor with Rice

hornian

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

While we're being silly, let's add Texas State. If they'd get their program to a decent level it's a perfect new rival. Their name is Texas State, they're just down the road, their campus is nice, and their women are, uh, also nice.

Can't we just schedule the Yellow Rose? The campus is nice. They are in Austin. And they are undefeated.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Texas State has nearly 35,000 undergrads. Give them the publicity boost of joining a major conference and watch their applicant pool improve. It's dumb but that actually happens as we know from stories about football team success leading to more applications. DO IT! Replace Baylor with Texas State!

Yes, I know it will never happen.

Texas State grad here.  It sounds great and I would love it but the students don't support the sports programs that well.  Hell I had season tickets to UT games while I was there ('01-'04).  I think the support was strong in '05 when we made the semifinals of DII in football but since going D1 it has been terrible.    The fact is most sports fans at TX St. are UT fans.  Some aggy but majority UT.  When I was there they created a "Wannabe" page on the sports website with full of pics of students wearing gear from other schools in the state.

But maybe all of that would change if this pipe dream ever becomes reality (unlikely).

If we're just choosing on women, however, then yes you've got a slam dunk there.

Edited by Whatever
wimmenz

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

I like the notion of adding a team in the Houston market, and I'd much rather take Rice over Cougar High.  But for quality of athletics (yes I agree that generally some things are bigger than sports), I think Rice would be a step down.  For the big three revenue sports, Rice would be a downgrade in football (at least based on the last 10 years), about the same or a bit better in baseball, and a huge downgrade in basketball.  Looking at those aspects, I think we could do better than Rice as a substitute for Baylor. 

But I agree wholeheartedly with dumping Baylor.  I don't think the Big XII would kick them out, but I think there's a better chance they'll get left behind when we blow all this shit up during the next round of realignment (the talk, it just won't go away).

I've been told there is a really good thread on realignment...

1 minute ago, Mileslong said:

I've been told there is a really good thread on realignment...

Have you compared attendance figures between Kansas & Rice..? Almost exactly the same, within 5,000 fans or so, probably closer this season... #RiceIsWorthy

30 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

They may get their wish when UT is in the B1G in a few years. 

That would be hilarious.  Yes Baylor, you belong in the Big XII.  Oh, there’s no longer a Big XII now that Texas has left?  Well, sucks for you.

45 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It's dumb but that actually happens as we know from stories about football team success leading to more applications.

Those aren't just stories, that's something that has been observed and studied statistically. I think originally by looking at Cinderella schools in the Final Four.

More viewers = more applicants.

27 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Have you compared attendance figures between Kansas & Rice..? Almost exactly the same, within 5,000 fans or so, probably closer this season... #RiceIsWorthy

I hope you're being sarcastic otherwise this is fucking retarded.

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Neither Rice nor Tulane would ever compete in the Big XII. Too small and academic focused. Think Baylor’s first decade, but worse, and permanent. I don’t think either would ever have the resources to commit to being competitive. KU is bad enough, two bottom feeders is too much. I say yes on kicking out Baylor, but if you want Houston take the cougs, if you want expanded footprint take BYU or maybe even Colorado State considering their recent investment. Other considerations would be the regular names, UCF, USF, or Memphis (if FedEx will invest in new facilities).

I'd say that at one point, Stanford was crap in the PAC, but turned it around... The same can be done in the XII adding Rice or Tulane, (or both)...

A wildcard addition..? Place BYU/ Colorado State & New Mexico in the league, to reach 12 members, after Baylor is bumped...

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I hope you're being sarcastic otherwise this is fucking retarded.

Have you viewed Kansas attendance figures..?

KANSAS:
National University Ranking
#129 in National Universities (tie)
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS
Founded in 1865, University of Kansas is a public institution. The school has 47.3 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students, and the student-faculty ratio at University of Kansas is 17:1. more
$27,358 (out-of-state), $11,148 (in-state) Tuition and Fees 19,338 Undergraduate Enrollment

NCAA FINANCES:
Rank/#36 School/Kansas Conference/XII Revenue/$95,251,461 Expenses/$94,709,233

FOOTBALL STADIUM CAPACITY:
Name/David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium Capacity/50,071 Attendance/26,641 Location/Lawrence Team/Kansas Jayhawks

NCAA DIVISION 1 COLLEGE BASKETBALL CAPACITY:
Name/Allen Fieldhouse Capacity/16,300 Attendance/16,395 Location/Lawrence Team/Kansas Jayhawks

NEAREST MAJOR CITY BY POPULATION - Kansas City/40.3 miles

TOTAL POPULATION OF STATE OF KANSAS: #35 (Nationally) - 2,913,123
TOTAL POPULATION OF CITY OF KANSAS CITY: #30 (NationallY) Kansas City, MO-KS MSA 2,128,912

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
RICE:
#16 in National Universities
Rice University
Houston, TX
Rice University is located in the heart of the Museum District in Houston, TX. The private institution has a need-blind admissions policy and meets the full demonstrated need of any accepted student who requires help paying tuition. more
$47,350 Tuition and Fees 4,001 Undergraduate Enrollment

NCAA FINANCES:
Rank/(Private) School/Rice Conference/CUSA Revenue/$12,001,178 Expenses/$12,001,178

Name/Rice Stadium Capacity/47,000 Attendance/19,354 Location/Houston Team/Rice Owls

Name/Tudor Fieldhouse Capacity/5,750 Attendance/2,101 Location/Houston Team/Rice Owls

NEAREST MAJOR CITY BY POPULATION - Houston/0 miles

TOTAL POPULATION OF STATE OF TEXAS: #2 (Nationally) - 28,304,596
TOTAL POPULATION OF CITY OF HOUSTON: #5 (Nationally) Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX MSA 6,892,427

20 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Blah blah blah

You certainly said a lot of words in your argument.  We should all make momentous decisions based on one data point that completely ignores context and the myriad of other factors that are impacted. 

Kansas attendance in football is low? If only the school brought something of value to the conference in some other way that could offset their football attendance.  Maybe someday.

4 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

You certainly said a lot of words in your argument.  We should all make momentous decisions based on one data point that completely ignores context and the myriad of other factors that are impacted. 

Kansas attendance in football is low? If only the school brought something of value to the conference in some other way that could offset their football attendance.  Maybe someday.

I thought the thread is to highlight similarities, in this case, of how Rice actually would do well as a member of the XII, it's surely not to degrade KU...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Big 12 is an Athletic Conference. It's not an academic association.  While great academics adds to an appeal of a school,  ultimately, they have to have the athletic chops to fit in the Big 12.        Rice, and Tulane do not really fit with the Big 12; they will never push athletics enough to complete.   

Kansas may suck at football, which is where most of the money is, but they are the undeniable banner holder during basketball season.   That national prestige is worth their continued existence in the Big 12.

If we tossed Baylor, it has to be for a school that can already be basically competitive.  TCU and WV didn't spend a decade trying to catch up; they just dropped in and were competitive.   That really eliminates the Texas States and UTSA or the world.  Put them in the Big 12 now, and it would take 10 years for them to have the facilities and programs to complete. 

So who is's out there?

Forget about all teams from the BIG, PAC, or SEC?  No chance.

A mid-level team from the ACC?  Like Pitt?  or UV?  maybe, but most have unbreakable basketball ties.  Does anyone really want an east coast school?  (other than WVU)

An Indy?    BYU - No, just No.  We don't need to add a prima donna.   Notre Dame? No chance, and a bigger prima donna.

An upper level American Athletic Conference team?  This is probably the only real option: UCF, South Florida, Houston,  Cincinnati, or Memphis.      Houston might be a good replacement fit for the Big 12, but it's not great for Texas.  Don't kid yourself, putting another big state state school on the Big Stage would allow them to compete for recruits far beyond what a small private Baptist school could.   

Quite frankly, I'd rather keep Baylor.

Edited by 0xdeadbeef

9 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Big 12 is an Athletic Conference. It's not an academic association.  While great academics adds to an appeal of a school,  ultimately, they have to have the athletic chops to fit in the Big 12.        Rice, and Tulane do not really fit with the Big 12; they will never push athletics enough to complete.   

Kansas may suck at football, which is where most of the money is, but they are the undeniable banner holder during basketball season.   That national prestige is worth their continued existence in the Big 12.

If we tossed Baylor, it has to be for a school that can already be basically competitive.  TCU and WV didn't spend a decade trying to catch up; they just dropped in and were competitive.   That really eliminates the Texas States and UTSA or the world.  Put them in the Big 12 now, and it would take 10 years for them to have the facilities and programs to complete. 

So who is's out there?

A mid-level team from the ACC?  Like Pitt?  or UV?  maybe, but most have unbreakable basketball ties.  Does anyone really want an east coast school?  (other than WVU)

An Indy?    BYU - No, just No.  We don't need to add a prima donna.   Notre Dame? No chance, and a bigger prima donna.

An upper level American Athletic Conference team?  This is probably the only real option: UCF, South Florida, Houston,  Cincinnati, or Memphis.      Houston might be a good replacement fit for the Big 12, but it's not great for Texas.  Don't kid yourself, putting another big state state school on the Big Stage would allow them to compete for recruits far beyond what a small private Baptist school could.   

I'd be for adding BYU and Notre Dame to get to 12 over any other options.  Prima donna aside, they'd never wield more influence than OU and Texas.  But it would never happen.  BYU would do it, but Notre Dame would never allow itself to be second fiddle to OU and Texas.  Second, Notre Dame has tons more history and relation to the Big 10 and ACC schools.  They have permanent rivalries with a PAC team and an AAC team.  They have literally no connection to any Big XII team.  They'd never go for it, and I don't blame them.

6 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

So who is's out there?

Pitt would be great since its WVU's historic rival.  Perfect match for them over there.  Pitt also has a solid football history.  However, the ACC is arguably a better place for them to be than the B12.  I'm not a huge fan of adding any of the other U of Cities.  Houston would fit since we'd be jettisoning another Texas school in Baylor.  However, they might fuck up the city of Houston as a recruiting spot for us.  They actually do steal hearts and minds there when they are competitive at football or basketball.  I'd rather not add directional schools either.  Colorado State is worth a look too.  Really slim pickings left out there.  Might be better to just drop to 9.

List of United States television markets

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
220px-United_States_Designated_Market_Ar

Map of U.S. television media markets

This is a list of television media markets in the United States, with a total of 112,143,960 households. Network owned-and-operated stations are highlighted in bold.

Rank Market State Counties 
(or county-equivalents) 
covered
TV households (2017–18) Local ABC affiliate Local CBSaffiliate Local CW affiliate Local Fox affiliate Local NBCaffiliate Other significant stations

New York

ACC-B1G

New York 7,074,750 (6.309%) WABC-TV 7 WCBS-TV 2 WPIX 11 WNYW 5 WNBC 4 WFTY-DT 67 (Justice)
WFUT-DT 68 (UniMás)
WLNY-TV 55 (Independent)
WPXN-TV 31 (Ion)
WTBY-TV 54 (TBN)
WNJU 47 (Telemundo)
WWOR-TV 9 (MyNetworkTV)
WXTV 41 (Univision)
WJLP 33 (MeTV)

Los Angeles

PAC

California Inyo, Kern(Sierra Nevada), Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside(except Coachella Valley), San Bernardino, Ventura 5,318,630 (4.743%) KABC-TV 7 KCBS-TV 2 KTLA 5 KTTV 11 KNBC 4 KCAL-TV 9 (Independent)
KCOP-TV 13 (MyNetworkTV)
KFTR-DT 46 (UniMás)
KMEX 34 (Univision)
KVEA 52 (Telemundo)
KPXN-TV 30 (Ion)
KTBN-TV 40 (TBN)
KAZA-TV 54 (MeTV)

Chicago

B1G

Illinois 3,299,720 (2.942%) WLS-TV 7 WBBM-TV 2 WPWR-TV 50 (CW/MyNetworkTV)[1] WFLD 32 WMAQ-TV 5 WGBO-DT 66 (Univision)
WGN-TV 9 (Independent)
WWME-CD 23 (MeTV)
WCIU-TV 26 (Independent)
WMEU-CD 48 (Independent)
WWTO-TV 35 (TBN)
WCPX-TV 38 (Ion)
WSNS-TV 44 (Telemundo)
WXFT-DT 60 (UniMás)

Philadelphia

B1G

Pennsylvania 2,869,580 (2.559%) WPVI-TV 6 KYW-TV 3 WPSG 57 WTXF-TV 29 WCAU 10 WFPA-CD 28 (UniMás)
WPHL-TV 17 (MyNetworkTV)
WUVP-DT 65 (Univision)
WWSI 62 (Telemundo)
WGTW-TV 48 (TBN)
WPPX-TV 61 (Ion)
WDPN-TV 2 (MeTV)

Dallas-Fort Worth

XII

Texas Anderson, Bosque, Collin, Comanche, Cooke, Dallas, Delta, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Fannin, Freestone, Hamilton, Henderson, Hill, Hood, Hopkins, Hunt, Jack, Johnson, Kaufman, Lamar, Montague, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rains, Rockwall, Somervell, Tarrant, Van Zandt, Wise 2,648,490 (2.362%) WFAA 8 KTVT 11 KDAF 33 KDFW 4 KXAS-TV 5 KDFI 27 (MyNetworkTV)
KSTR-DT 49 (UniMás)
KTXA 21 (Independent)
KUVN-DT 23 (Univision)
KXTX-TV 39 (Telemundo)
KPXD-TV 68 (Ion)
KDTX-TV 58 (TBN)

Washington (Hagerstown)

ACC-B1G

District of Columbia 2,492,170 (2.222%) WJLA-TV 7 WUSA 9 WDCW 50 WTTG 5 WRC-TV 4 WDCA 20 (MyNetworkTV)
WDVM-TV 25 (Independent)
WFDC-DT 14 (Univision)
WJAL 68 (LATV)
WMDO-CD 47 (UniMás)
WZDC-CD 44 (Telemundo)
WPXW-TV 66 (Ion)
W22DA (3ABN)
W42CK (3ABN)

Houston

XII-SEC

Texas Austin, Brazoria, Calhoun, Chambers, Colorado, Fort Bend, Galveston, Grimes, Harris, Jackson, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Polk, San Jacinto, Walker, Waller, Washington, Wharton 2,467,140 (2.200%) KTRK-TV 13 KHOU 11 KIAH 39 KRIV 26 KPRC-TV 2 KFTH-DT 67 (UniMás)
KXLN-DT 45 (Univision)
KTXH 20 (MyNetworkTV)
KTMD 47 (Telemundo)
KPXB-TV 49 (Ion)
KETH-TV 14 (TBN)

San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose

PAC

California Alameda, Contra Costa, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano(west), Sonoma 2,451,640 (2.186%) KGO-TV 7 KPIX-TV 5 KBCW 44 KTVU 2 KNTV 11 KDTV 14 (Univision)
KFSF-DT 66 (UniMás)
KICU-TV 36 (Independent)
KRON-TV 4 (MyNetworkTV)
KSTS 48 (Telemundo)
KKPX-TV 65 (Ion)
KOFY-TV 20 (Independent)

Atlanta

ACC-SEC

Georgia 2,449,460 (2.184%) WSB-TV 2 WGCL-TV 46 WUPA 69 WAGA-TV 5 WXIA-TV 11 WATL 36 (MyNetworkTV)
WPCH-TV 17 (Independent)
WUVG-DT 34 (Univision)
WPXA-TV 14 (Ion)
WHSG-TV 63 (TBN)
WKTB-CD 47 (Telemundo)

Boston (Manchester)

ACC

Massachusetts 2,425,440 (2.163%) WCVB-TV 5
WMUR-TV 9
WBZ-TV 4 WLVI 56 WFXT 25 WBTS-LD8/WYCN-CD15/WNEU-DT260.2 WHDH 7 (Independent)
WNEU 60 (Telemundo)
WSBK-TV 38 (MyNetworkTV)
WUNI 66 (Univision)
WUTF-DT 27 (UniMás)
WBPX-TV 68 (Ion)

Phoenix (Prescott)

PAC

Arizona Apache(southern third), Coconino, Gila, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Maricopa, Mohave, Navajo, Pinal, Yavapai 1,919,930 (1.712%) KNXV-TV 15 KPHO-TV 5 KASW 61 KSAZ-TV 10 KPNX 12/ KNAZ-TV 2 KFPH-DT 13 (UniMás)
KUTP 45 (MyNetworkTV)
KTVK 3 (Independent)
KTVW-DT 33/KTVW-CD 6/KDOS-LD 50(Univision)
KPAZ-TV 21 (TBN)
KPPX-TV 51 (Ion)
KTAZ 39 (Telemundo)

Seattle-Tacoma

PAC

Washington Chelan, Clallam, Douglas, Grays Harbor, Island, Jefferson, King, Kitsap, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, Pierce, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, Thurston, Whatcom 1,880,750 (1.677%) KOMO-TV 4 KIRO-TV 7 KSTW 11 KCPQ 13 KING-TV 5 KONG 16 (Independent)
KUNS-TV 51 (Univision)
KZJO 22 (MyNetworkTV)
KTBW-TV 20 (TBN)
KWPX-TV 33 (Ion)
K08OU-D (3ABN)
KFFV 44 (MeTV)

Tampa-St. Petersburg (Sarasota)

ACC-SEC

Florida Citrus, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Sarasota 1,879,760 (1.676%) WFTS-TV 28
WWSB 40
WTSP 10 WTOG 44 WTVT 13 WFLA-TV 8 WFTT-DT 62 (UniMás)
WMOR-TV 32 (Independent)
WTTA 38 (MyNetworkTV)
WVEA-TV 50 (Univision)
WRMD-CD 49 (Telemundo)
WXPX-TV 66 (Ion)
W05CO (3ABN)

Detroit

B1G

Michigan Lapeer, Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, St. Clair, Sanilac, Washtenaw, Wayne 1,779,380 (1.587%) WXYZ-TV 7 WWJ-TV 62 WKBD-TV 50 WJBK 2 WDIV-TV 4 WMYD 20 (MyNetworkTV)
WPXD-TV 31 (Ion)
WHNE-LD 14 (Light TV)
WDWO-CD 18 (TCT)

Minneapolis-St. Paul

B1G

Minnesota 1,730,430 (1.543%) KSTP-TV 5/KSAX 42/KRWF 43 WCCO-TV 4/KCCW-TV 12 WUCW 23 KMSP-TV 9 KARE 11 KSTC-TV 5 (Independent)
WFTC 9/KFTC 26(MyNetworkTV)
WUMN-LD 17 (Univision)
KPXM-TV 41 (Ion)
KJNK-LD 25 (Telemundo)
K33LN-D (3ABN)

Miami-Fort Lauderdale

ACC-SEC

Florida Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe 1,677,850 (1.496%) WPLG 10 WFOR-TV 4 WSFL-TV 39 WSVN 7 WTVJ 6 WAMI-DT 69 (UniMás)
WBFS-TV 33 (MyNetworkTV)
WLTV-DT 23 (Univision)
WSCV 51 (Telemundo)
WPXM-TV 35 (Ion)
WHFT-TV 45 (TBN)

Denver

PAC

Colorado 1,589,560 (1.417%) KMGH-TV 7 KCNC-TV 4 KWGN-TV 2 KDVR 31/KFCT 22 KUSA 9 KTVD 20 (MyNetworkTV)
KZCO-LD 7/KZFC-LP 36 (Azteca)
KPXC-TV 59 (Ion)
KPJR-TV 38 (TBN)
KCEC-TV 14 (Univision)
KTFD-TV 50 (UniMás)

Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne

ACC-SEC

Florida Brevard, Flagler, Lake, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Sumter, Volusia 1,531,130 (1.365%) WFTV 9 WKMG-TV 6 WKCF 18 WOFL 35 WESH 2 WRBW 65 (MyNetworkTV)
WRDQ 27 (Independent)
WHLV-TV 52 (TBN)
WOPX-TV 56 (Ion)
WVEN-TV 43 (Univision)
WOTF-TV 26 (UniMás)
W32DJ-D (3ABN)

Cleveland-Akron (Canton)

B1G

Ohio Ashland, Ashtabula, Carroll, Cuyahoga, Erie, Geauga, Holmes, Huron, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage, Richland, Stark, Summit, Tuscarawas, Wayne 1,447,310 (1.291%) WEWS-TV 5 WOIO 19 WUAB 43 (CW/MyNetworkTV) WJW 8 WKYC 3 WBNX-TV 55 (Independent)
WQHS-DT 61 (Univision)
WVPX-TV 23 (Ion)
WDLI-TV 17 (TBN)
WQDI-LD 20 (Estrella TV)
WMFD-TV 68 (Independent)

Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto

PAC

California Amador, Calaveras, Colusa, El Dorado (west), Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Sierra, Solano(east), Stanislaus, Sutter, Tuolumne, Yolo, Yuba 1,412,940 (1.260%) KXTV 10 KOVR 13 KMAX-TV 31 KTXL 40 KCRA-TV 3 KQCA 58 (MyNetworkTV)
KUVS-DT 19 (Univision)
KCSO-LD 33 (Telemundo)
KSPX 29 (Ion)
K20JX-D (3ABN)

St. Louis

SEC-B1G

Missouri 1,189,890 (1.061%) KDNL-TV 30 KMOV 4 (MyNetworkTV on DT3) KPLR-TV 11 KTVI 2 KSDK 5 WRBU 46 (Ion)
KNLC 24 (MeTV)
K25NG-D (3ABN)

Portland, OR

PAC

Oregon 1,180,980 (1.053%) KATU 2 KOIN 6 KRCW-TV 32 KPTV 12 KGW 8 KPDX 49 (MyNetworkTV)
KUNP 16 (Univision)
KPXG 22 (Ion)
KNMT 24 (TBN)

Charlotte

ACC

North Carolina 1,145,270 (1.021%) WSOC-TV 9 WBTV 3 WCCB 18 WJZY 46 WCNC-TV 36 WAXN-TV 64 (Independent)
WMYT-TV 55 (MyNetworkTV)

Pittsburgh

ACC-B1G-XII

Pennsylvania 1,141,950 (1.018%) WTAE-TV 4 KDKA-TV 2 WPCW 19 WPGH-TV 53 WPXI 11 WPNT 22 (MyNetworkTV)
WINP-TV 16 (Ion)

Raleigh-Durham (Fayetteville)

ACC

North Carolina 1,133,160 (1.010%) WTVD 11 WNCN 17 WRAZ 50 WLFL-TV 22 WRAL-TV 5 WRDC-TV 28 (MyNetworkTV)
WUVC-DT 40 (Univision)
WRPX-TV 47 (Ion)

Baltimore

ACC-B1G

Maryland Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Baltimore (city), Caroline, Carroll, Cecil, Dorchester, Harford, Howard, Kent, Queen Anne's, Talbot 1,108,010 (0.988%) WMAR-TV 2 WJZ-TV 13 WNUV 54 WBFF 45 WBAL-TV 11 WUTB 24 (MyNetworkTV)

Nashville

SEC

Tennessee 1,030,650 (0.919%) WKRN-TV 2 WTVF 5 WNAB 58 WZTV 17 WSMV-TV 4 WUXP-TV 30 (MyNetworkTV)
WNPX-TV 28 (Ion)
WPGD 50 (TBN)
WLLC-LP 42 (Univision)
WJNK-LD 34 (3ABN)

Indianapolis

B1G

Indiana Bartholomew, Benton, Blackford, Boone, Brown, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Decatur, Delaware, Fayette, Fountain, Grant, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Henry, Howard, Johnson, Lawrence, Madison, Marion, Miami, Monroe, Montgomery, Morgan, Owen, Putnam, Randolph, Rush, Shelby, Tipton, White 1,086,310 (0.947%) WRTV 6 WTTV 4/ WTTK 29 WISH-TV 8 WXIN 59 WTHR 13 WALV-CD 46 (MeTV)
WDNI-CD 19 (Telemundo)
WNDY-TV 23 (MyNetworkTV)
WHMB-TV 40 (Family)
WCLJ-TV 42 (TBN)
WIPX-TV 63 (Ion)
WBXI-CD 47 (Decades)
WUDZ-LD 28 (Buzzr)

San Diego

PAC

California San Diego 1,002,770 (0.894%) KGTV 10 KFMB-TV 8 (CW/MyNetworkTVon DT2) KFMB-DT2 8.2 (CW/MyNetworkTV) KSWB-TV 69 KNSD 39 KBNT-CD 17 (Univision)
KDTF-LD 36 (UniMás)
KUSI-TV 51 (Independent)
KZSD-LP 41 (MeTV)
KUAN-LD 48 (Telemundo)

Salt Lake City

PAC

Utah 948,840 (0.846%) KTVX 4 KUTV 2 KUCW 30 KSTU 13 KSL-TV 5 KJZZ-TV 14 (Independent)
KMYU 12 (MyNetworkTV)
KUPX-TV 16 (Ion)
KUTH-DT 32 (Univision)
KTMW 20 (Telemundo)
KULX-CD 10 (Telemundo)
KPNZ 24 (Estrella TV)
KSVN-CD 25 (Azteca)
KUCL-LD 26 (3ABN)

San Antonio

XII

Texas Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, DeWitt, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gillespie, Goliad, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kinney, La Salle, Lavaca, Maverick, McMullen, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson, Zavala 924,480 (0.824%) KSAT-TV 12 KENS 5 KMYS 35 KABB 29 WOAI-TV 4 KCWX 2 (MyNetworkTV)
KWEX-DT 41 (Univision)
KNIC-DT 17 (UniMás)
KVDA 60 (Telemundo)
KPXL-TV 26 (Ion)
KHCE-TV 23 (TBN)
K27LF-D (VC# 14) (3ABN)

Hartford & New Haven

*?

Connecticut Hartford, Litchfield, Middlesex, New Haven, New London, Tolland, Windham 921,500 (0.822%) WTNH 8 WFSB 3 WCCT-TV 20 WTIC-TV 61 WVIT 30 WCTX 59 (MyNetworkTV)
WRDM-CD 19 (Telemundo)

Kansas City

XII

Missouri 901,020 (0.803%) KMBC-TV 9 KCTV 5 KCWE 29 WDAF-TV 4 KSHB-TV 41 KMCI-TV 38 (Independent)
KSMO-TV 62 (MyNetworkTV)
KPXE-TV 50 (Ion)
KTAJ-TV 16 (TBN)
KUKC-LD 20 (Univision)

Columbus, OH

B1G

Ohio Coshocton, Crawford, Delaware, Fairfield, Fayette, Franklin, Hardin, Hocking, Knox, Licking, Madison, Marion, Morgan, Morrow, Perry, Pickaway, Pike, Ross, Union 896,980 (0.800%) WSYX 6 (MyNetworkTV on DT2) WBNS-TV 10 WWHO 53 WTTE 28 WCMH-TV 4 WDEM-CD 17 (Telemundo)
WSFJ-TV 51 (TBN)

Cincinnati

B1G

Ohio 871,970 (0.778%) WCPO-TV 9 WKRC-TV 12 (CWon DT2) WKRC-DT2 12.2 WXIX-TV 19 WLWT 5 WSTR-TV 64 (MyNetworkTV)
WBQC-LD 25/20 (Cozi TV)
WKOI-TV 43 (TBN)

Milwaukee

B1G

Wisconsin Dodge, Jefferson, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Walworth, Washington, Waukesha 868,500 (0.774%) WISN-TV 12 WDJT-TV 58 WVTV 18 (MyNetworkTV on DT2) WITI 6 WTMJ-TV 4 WBME-CD 41 (MeTV)
WMLW-TV 49 (Independent)
WYTU-LD 63 (Telemundo)
WPXE-TV 55 (Ion)
WWRS-TV 52 (TBN)

West Palm Beach-Fort Pierce

ACC-SEC

Florida Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, St. Lucie 829,110 (0.739%) WPBF 25 WPEC 12 WTVX 34 WFLX 29 WPTV-TV 5 WTCN-CA 43 (MyNetworkTV)
WWHB-CA 48 (Azteca)
WTCE-TV 21 (TBN)
WPXP-TV 67 (Ion)
WXOD-LD 33 (Buzzr)

Greenville-Spartanburg-Asheville-Anderson

ACC-SEC

South Carolina 809,190 (0.722%) WLOS 13 WSPA-TV 7 WYCW 62 WHNS 21 WYFF 4 WMYA-TV 40 (MyNetworkTV)

Austin

XII

Texas Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Hays, Lee, Llano, Mason, Travis, Williamson 791,480 (0.706%) KVUE 24 KEYE-TV 42 KNVA 54 KTBC 7 KXAN-TV 36 KBVO 14 (MyNetworkTV)

Las Vegas

*?

Nevada Clark, Lincoln, Nye 757,400 (0.675%) KTNV-TV 13 KLAS-TV 8 KVCW 33 (MyNetworkTV on DT2) KVVU-TV 5 KSNV 3 KEEN-CD 17 (CTN)
KINC-TV 15 (Univision)
KBLR 39 (Telemundo)
K36NE-D (3ABN)

Oklahoma City

XII

Oklahoma Alfalfa, Beckham, Blaine, Caddo, Canadian, Cleveland, Custer, Dewey, Ellis, Garfield, Garvin, Grady, Grant, Greer, Harmon, Harper, Hughes, Kay, Kingfisher, Kiowa, Lincoln, Logan, Major, McClain, Murray, Noble, Oklahoma, Payne, Pottawatomie, Roger Mills, Seminole, Washita, Woods, Woodward 705,840 (0.629%) KOCO-TV 5 KWTV-DT 9 KOCB 34 KOKH-TV 25 KFOR-TV 4 KAUT-TV 43 (Independent)
KSBI-TV 52 (MyNetworkTV)
KTBO-TV 14 (TBN)
KOPX-TV 62 (Ion)
KTUZ-TV 30 (Telemundo)
KUOT-CD 19 (Cornerstone)

Jacksonville

ACC-SEC

Florida 700,890 (0.625%) WJXX 25 WJAX-TV 47 WCWJ 17 WFOX-TV 30 WTLV 12 WJXT 4 (Independent)
WPXC-TV 21 (Ion)
WUJX-LD 18 (Univision)
WKBJ-LD 20 (Buzzr)
W50CO (3ABN)

Grand Rapids-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek

B1G

Michigan Allegan, Barry, Branch, Calhoun, Ionia, Kalamazoo, Kent, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo, Oceana, Ottawa, St. Joseph, Van Buren 689,950 (0.615%) WOTV 41
WZZM 13
WWMT 3 (CW on DT2) WWMT-DT2 3.2 WXMI 17 WOOD-TV 8 WXSP-CD 15 (MyNetworkTV)
WZPX-TV 43 (Ion)
W48CL (3ABN)
WTLJ 54 (TCT)

Birmingham (Anniston & Tuscaloosa)

SEC

Alabama Bibb, Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, Chilton, Clay, Cullman, Etowah, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Jefferson, Marion, Pickens, Shelby, St. Clair, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Walker, Winston 687,180 (0.613%) WBMA-LD 58 WIAT 42 WTTO 21/WDBB 17 WBRC 6 WVTM-TV 13 WABM 68 (MyNetworkTV)
WPXH-TV 44 (Ion)
WTJP-TV 60 (TBN)

Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York

ACC-B1G

Pennsylvania Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Juniata, Lancaster, Lebanon, Mifflin, Perry, York 682,460 (0.609%) WHTM-TV 27 WHP-TV 21 (MyNetworkTV on DT2; CW on DT3) WHP-DT3 21.3 WPMT 43 WGAL 8 -

Albuquerque-Santa Fe

*?

New Mexico 674,930 (0.602%) KOAT-TV 7 KRQE 13/KBIM-TV 10/KREZ-TV 6(Fox on DT2) KWBQ 19/KRWB-TV 21 KRQE-DT2 13.2/KBIM-DT2 10.2/KREZ-DT2 6.2 KOB 4/KOBF 12/KOBR 8 KASY 50 (MyNetworkTV)
K38IM (3ABN)
KNAT-TV 23 (TBN)
KLUZ-TV 14 (Univision)
KTFQ-TV 41 (UniMás)
KTFA-LP 48 (HSN)
KTVS-LD 36 (Light TV)
KYNM-CD 21 (Antenna TV)
KTEL-CD 15 (Telemundo)

Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News

ACC-B1G

Virginia 673,820 (0.601%) WVEC 13 WTKR 3 WGNT 27 WVBT 43 WAVY-TV 10 WTVZ-TV 33 (MyNetworkTV)

GreensboroHigh PointWinston-Salem

ACC

North Carolina 672,650 (0.600%) WXLV-TV 45 WFMY-TV 2 WCWG 20 WGHP 8 WXII-TV 12 WMYV 48 (MyNetworkTV)

Louisville

ACC-SEC

Kentucky 657,030 (0.586%) WHAS-TV 11 WLKY 32 WBKI 58 (MyNetworkTV on DT3) WDRB 41 WAVE 3 -

Memphis

SEC

Tennessee 649,360 (0.579%) WATN-TV 24 WREG-TV 3 WLMT 30 WHBQ-TV 13 WMC-TV 5 WPXX-TV 50 (Ion)
WBUY-TV 40 (TBN)
W50EA-D (3ABN)
WQEK-LD 36 (Cozi TV)
Totals: ACC- 18/ B1G- 17/ SEC- 13/ XII- 7/ PAC- 9 Combining: In merging the PAC & XII, the conference boast 16 of the top 50 television markets...              

• Fuck You 8

58 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Have you viewed Kansas attendance figures..?

KANSAS:
#129 in National Universities (tie)
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS
Founded in 1865, University of Kansas is a public institution. The school has 47.3 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students, and the student-faculty ratio at University of Kansas is 17:1. more
$27,358 (out-of-state), $11,148 (in-state) Tuition and Fees 19,338 Undergraduate Enrollment

NCAA FINANCES:
Rank/#36 School/Kansas Conference/XII Revenue/$95,251,461 Expenses/$94,709,233

Name/David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium Capacity/50,071 Attendance/26,641 Location/Lawrence Team/Kansas Jayhawks

Name/Allen Fieldhouse Capacity/16,300 Attendance/16,395 Location/Lawrence Team/Kansas Jayhawks

NEAREST MAJOR CITY BY POPULATION - Kansas City/40.3 miles

TOTAL POPULATION OF STATE OF KANSAS: #35 (Nationally) - 2,913,123
TOTAL POPULATION OF CITY OF KANSAS CITY: #30 (NationallY) Kansas City, MO-KS MSA 2,128,912

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
RICE:
#16 in National Universities
Rice University
Houston, TX
Rice University is located in the heart of the Museum District in Houston, TX. The private institution has a need-blind admissions policy and meets the full demonstrated need of any accepted student who requires help paying tuition. more
$47,350 Tuition and Fees 4,001 Undergraduate Enrollment

NCAA FINANCES:
Rank/(Private) School/Rice Conference/CUSA Revenue/$12,001,178 Expenses/$12,001,178

Name/Rice Stadium Capacity/47,000 Attendance/19,354 Location/Houston Team/Rice Owls

Name/Tudor Fieldhouse Capacity/5,750 Attendance/2,101 Location/Houston Team/Rice Owls

NEAREST MAJOR CITY BY POPULATION - Houston/0 miles

TOTAL POPULATION OF STATE OF TEXAS: #2 (Nationally) - 28,304,596
TOTAL POPULATION OF CITY OF HOUSTON: #5 (Nationally) Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX MSA 6,892,427

What dumbass point are you trying to make? 26k vs 19k per game is a significant difference, first of all. Especially when you consider how bad KU has been the past few years. Second of all, KU is 36th in the country in terms of athletic revenue. Obviously Rice's numbers are not public information but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is nowhere close to $100MM. 

Kansas is a national brand. Rice is not. 

7 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Pitt would be great since its WVU's historic rival.  Perfect match for them over there.  Pitt also has a solid football history.  However, the ACC is arguably a better place for them to be than the B12.  I'm not a huge fan of adding any of the other U of Cities.  Houston would fit since we'd be jettisoning another Texas school in Baylor.  However, they might fuck up the city of Houston as a recruiting spot for us.  They actually do steal hearts and minds there when they are competitive at football or basketball.  I'd rather not add directional schools either.  Colorado State is worth a look too.  Really slim pickings left out there.  Might be better to just drop to 9.

Not sure if the conference would be sustainable with 9 members. In that case, it's another round of realignment.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What dumbass point are you trying to make? 26k vs 19k per game is a significant difference, first of all. Especially when you consider how bad KU has been the past few years. Second of all, KU is 36th in the country in terms of athletic revenue. Obviously Rice's numbers are not public information but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is nowhere close to $100MM. 

Kansas is a national brand. Rice is not. 

I am comparing attendance between the two programs, as is, Kansas benefits from being a member of the XII, a P5 league; while Rice is close in attendance of the highest revenue sport of football, while only a G5 member... Thus the opportunity exist for Rice to excel, while adding to the league footprint, just because we may disagree, doesn't make the selection of Rice, in place of Baylor incorrect or faulty... Just the same, if Kansas had been relegated to the G5 back in 2010, the revenues would be much closer to Rice, but still significantly higher, as if I recall, Rice reported earnings of around $13 million about a year ago that I saw...

Just now, El Diablo said:

What is the NCAA award for academics? These are athletic conferences we're talking about.

Isn't that what the main function of the league is, to teach academics, otherwise we could just start semi-pro leagues like some old A&M teams under Sherrill...

A selling point of moves to B1G/ PAC: ability to rub shoulders with the elite of academic, (but not to the point of the Ivy League), who de-emphasized athletics...

Otherwise, SEC is the premier of athletic consortium for which all conferences should aspire to be, as only 1 school has lower attendance that XII members, Vanderbilt... 

8 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Isn't that what the main function of the league is, to teach academics, otherwise we could just start semi-pro leagues like some old A&M teams under Sherrill...

Well now you're just delusional, lol. The SWC didn't fall apart due to academics.

21 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

I am comparing attendance between the two programs, as is, Kansas benefits from being a member of the XII, a P5 league; while Rice is close in attendance of the highest revenue sport of football, while only a G5 member... Thus the opportunity exist for Rice to excel, while adding to the league footprint, just because we may disagree, doesn't make the selection of Rice, in place of Baylor incorrect or faulty... Just the same, if Kansas had been relegated to the G5 back in 2010, the revenues would be much closer to Rice, but still significantly higher, as if I recall, Rice reported earnings of around $13 million about a year ago that I saw...

The success of Kansas basketball is what makes them a nationally recognized athletic program and university. That success is independent of association. Kansas in the Sun Belt would still be a perennial national title contender.

Rice sucks dick at football. They aren't going to suck less after joining a different conference. Just look at, oh I don't know, Kansas?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

He seems under the impression that our hatred and disdain of Baylor, and our conclusion that the school and city are not worthy of B12 inclusion is only because of their recent sexual assault scandal and administration led cover-up. Fuck that moron. 

46 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think we should make one conference with 128 teams called Megaconference and start a single elimination tournament beginning in the first week of the season to decide the champion.

Can we wait to do that until after Herman figures out how to prepare for season openers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Well now you're just delusional, lol. The SWC didn't fall apart due to academics.

Sorry for the late response to the post, I have to agree with you, especially  since I never stated the SWC fell apart due academics... As said, if academics has no bearing at all, the XII can just add New Mexico & Colorado State, plus Cincinnati to the east for a travel partner of WVU...

Edited by kopp0e

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I think we should make one conference with 128 teams called Megaconference and start a single elimination tournament beginning in the first week of the season to decide the champion.

I like it, #ConferenceWorldwide..!

6 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

I went to a TS graduation a couple years back, and even at the ceremony there tons of slutty looking chicks. Texas State has my vote.

My Texas State story.  Summer going into Junior year (so probably like summer '90 I guess) I sign up for IB350 , mainly b/c my frat had the tests, but also b/c I figured even if I had the wrong set, maybe the prof would be easier than normal semester.  So first day of class I walk in and find the hottest chick I can spot and plop down right next to her.  So of course I make small talk and work in to the conversation I may have the tests.  Making it all the better she proceeds to tell me she is at Texas State trying to transfer in and she needs an A to get in to UT.  So of course we study our asses off for first test while memorizing the answers to the test we have in hand. 

Oh what a glorious summer, I know CSB.  Hard to top that summer, needless to say I am/was a big Texas St fan, haha. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

Sorry for the late response to the post, I have to agree with you, especially  since I never stated the SWC fell apart due academics... As said, if academics has no bearing at all, the XII can just add New Mexico & Colorado State, plus Cincinnati to the east for a travel partner of WVU...

I think we've seen since '96 how Rice is valued by decision makers when it comes to athletic conference affiliations. As you note, any of the three schools you mentioned would bring more eyeballs and hence more dollars into the coffers. I'm not suggesting that even they would be desirable, just moreso than Rice would be. TCU was only admitted out of a panic attack, they brought neither academics nor eyeballs - hell they don't even deliver the DFW market. They were a warm body on the night before the prom dance and said yes before the offer had left the Commissioners lips.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Koppe needs a lot of negging for that long car bullshit

I see there is a difference how the page is displayed from desktop, to mobile...

The point being that there are viable options to keep the XII together, while  expanding the reach of media markets...

A much better option in my eyes, as I would rather the XII remains together, but the post is too long in its current form...

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I think we've seen since '96 how Rice is valued by decision makers when it comes to athletic conference affiliations. As you note, any of the three schools you mentioned would bring more eyeballs and hence more dollars into the coffers. I'm not suggesting that even they would be desirable, just moreso than Rice would be. TCU was only admitted out of a panic attack, they brought neither academics nor eyeballs - hell they don't even deliver the DFW market. They were a warm body on the night before the prom dance and said yes before the offer had left the Commissioners lips.

I can agree with that...

9 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

This is a more appropriate view of how to solve this. Tulane provides an excellent away game experience with a somewhat decent gaggle of swamp donks.

Houston has fat chicks and mildly exciting bar scene so....no.

I’ve never been to Boise so if someone could tell me a little more about those potato eatin bitches, this could help my decision.

No to anyone in Dallas, we already rip it there for an absolute blast that can’t be compared to every year.

BYU would be fun because if we schedule them late, we have skiing and snow bunnies to defile.

No to UTEP for replacement. If I have to explain this then go visit El Paso.

I say we reach for the stars, replace Baylor with Oregon. I’m no meteorologist, but it’s always raining bitches there. Easy solution right?

I’ve been to Boise several times. Was there in mArch. Hidden gem. Gorgeous town. Great beer.  Beautiful women. I always love heading up that way every year 

• Like 1

Poor baylor.  It must be nice to be able to fall back on the "poor little me" excuse when you think someone is picking on you.  If only you were really a religious school.  I remember those  dipshits slobbing on aggy's knob when we got the LHN.  Texas is a bad conference partner.  Texas is running everybody off.  Texas is greedy.  Texas only thinks of themselves.  baylor and aggy were sucking each other off.  Now, I have never heard one baylor fan say that they would have turned down a network deal worth $300 mil.  They never said a word when Nebraska, Missouri, OSU, and Kansas were raking in millions on tier 3 rights.  It was only when Texas got paid that all of a sudden it wasn't fair.  If Texas is so bad, why don't they disassociate themselves from us.  I really doubt UT or the rest of the conference would give 2 shits if they left and I doubt they would hold baylor to the GOR.  When you are worthless and can be replaced by anyone,  nobody gives a shit.  FUCK baylor and I hope we kick the everlovin shit out of those fucktards Saturday.  

• Like 1